• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki~Dragon

Let the Thunder embrace you
Years
  • Just restarted leafgreen again, but I'm stuck as I have no idea for a team..

I chose charmander.

I always get a pidgeot so I don't want it, or fearow. And I always get a nidoking so I'm tired of him too... Maybe try out nidoqueen...

For a water type I'm thinking either vaporeon or starmie.. or maybe even lapras for it's type.

I hate raichu, and I don't want any grass types as they don't interest me..

The only electric type I like is jolteon, as magneton/electrode bore me and electabuzz is fire red.

Maybe a rhydon...? I've never used one before...

So let's see..

Charizard
    Vaporeon/Starmie/Lapras
    Jolteon(??)
    Rhydon/Nidoqueen(??)

And umm.. Maybe a dragonite... but that's so far in the game. :S

Pretty much I want to use things I've never used, but it's hard deciding what to use xD

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • My FR Team

I am playing FR and pretty much have my team figured out. I am not new at the Pokemon games, but am not familiar with all of the Pokemon in FR/LG. Here's my team...please tell me your suggestions and help with the moveset for them! thanks for all the help!

Blastoise
    Snorlax
    Zapdos
    -------
    -------
    Farfetch'd

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • can i just ask: Whats the major point of having a Farftch'd?

and for the remaining two places. Hmmm. well i always use a Psuedo-Legendary. Ie Dragonite for FRLG. So Dragonite. and also a Psychic Type. I suggest Hypno. Many tend to prefer alakazam but i think Hypno's better, because its bulkier and easier to train.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    You should get Dragonite, Articuno or Moltres.
    And yes, whats the point of having Farfetch'.
    Its pretty weak by the way.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • I always catch the very first available bird for some support, so I think Pidgeot or Fearow would have been a better choice than Farfetch'd.

Get a fire type and a grass type if you can. Fire is one of the main elements and its very important

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • can i just ask: Whats the major point of having a Farftch'd?

and for the remaining two places. Hmmm. well i always use a Psuedo-Legendary. Ie Dragonite for FRLG. So Dragonite. and also a Psychic Type. I suggest Hypno. Many tend to prefer alakazam but i think Hypno's better, because its bulkier and easier to train.

The only reason for Farfetch'd is for an HM slave. my friend told me that Farfetch'd was a good HM slave. Fly and Cut... And thx for the suggestion... and how do u get Dragonite (or the previous evolutions)?

Last edited:

troselly

king newb. lol.
    Years
  • Get dratini at the game corner in celadon. I agree with Resultz, train a hypno. They are very helpful and easy to train.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Drowzee can be found on route (insert number here) by the digglett cave,
    Dratini (and i believe dragonair) can be fished up in the first area of the safari zone. Dratini can be bought from the game corner.

I personally dont believe in hm slaves. The only 3 HMs you need really are Fly surf strength, and i dont mind my main battle team knowing those moves.

However if you DO train a dratini. DONT lt it Evolve unyil level 54. Why? because Dragonair is so SCRUB to train its unbelieveable. I just given mine an EXP share and left it until E4.

hope i helped

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always catch the very first available bird for some support, so I think Pidgeot or Fearow would have been a better choice than Farfetch'd.

Get a fire type and a grass type if you can. Fire is one of the main elements and its very important
    Grass is really not needed. Unless it's got nice poison, leech seed and stuffs. Fire has lots of damage but you can easily live without it as well. Unless you're going competitive, you can have any type or Pokémon you wish on your team. Course it's pretty cute having a Fire/Water/Grass triple, anime style. And in Kanto games, it can work too.

Drowzee can be found on route (insert number here) by the digglett cave,
    Dratini (and i believe dragonair) can be fished up in the first area of the safari zone. Dratini can be bought from the game corner.

I personally dont believe in hm slaves. The only 3 HMs you need really are Fly surf strength, and i dont mind my main battle team knowing those moves.

However if you DO train a dratini. DONT lt it Evolve unyil level 54. Why? because Dragonair is so SCRUB to train its unbelieveable. I just given mine an EXP share and left it until E4.

hope i helped
    HM slaves are niiiiice. Zigzagoon! Oh, FR/LG...

You don't even need Fly, except for moments when you know you want to get back easily from a distant area or so. Surf is a good attack and the only HM really needed in a team, at least after you've beaten the game. Strength is ok too, I guess. IMO :3

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • Drowzee can be found on route (insert number here) by the digglett cave,

hope i helped
    Thx, you did help. I thought you could have a Dragonite by lv 50... and what does SCRUB mean? (I have only played D/P/PL, and only know the sayings that I have read. STAB is it)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • SCRUb means Poor. Bad. Its kinda a substitute for swearing.

No dragonite is level 55. The reason i say to wait to evolve dratini, is because Dragonair isnt worth trainiung its realy bad. Dratini levels up faster if you give it a EXp share.

The moiveset that i use on dragonite is

EQ
    wing attack
    Dragon Claw
    Thunderbolt/Surf

Years
  • I need some advice

Hi. I'm playing Leaf Green, and my team is almost complete. I'm in Saffron City
    I have Charizard, Victreebell, Nidoqueen, Persian and Jolteon.

But I need a good water pokemon. I tried Lapras, but it's hard to train.

Any sugestions ?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Gyarados and Tenatacruel are solid choices. Barring them, Starmie is another good option. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Kabutops
    Slowbro/king
    Golduck
    Poliwrath\Politoed
    Tentacruel
    Dewgong
    Cloyster
    Kingler
    Seadra/Kingdra
    Gyarados
    Omastar
    Or trade from RSE
    oh and Seaking and Starmie

Years
  • I decided, i caught a Staryu lvl 25 and evolved it.
    sugestions for what moves to teach him ?
    I already teached him Psychic and I will teach him Surf. other sugestions ?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • For in-game use I assume? Recover would be helpful, and perhaps Ice Beam for Lance's dragons.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I need to know what the best natures are for an in-game Charizard, Blaziken and Infernape. The natures are the only thing that are stopping me from playing, so I'd like a simple answer for each Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back