• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Well I guess it's time to ban you...

lol, only if the banning includes some kind of tentacle torture.

Aura doesn't know. He can't even imagine, so don't worry Beachy. ^^ It's just me.... >:D

So anyway, how has this "testing" been going along for Manadorable?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    *sigh* I was visiting Smogon today and some people were arguing for Salamence to be Uber.

First Chomp, now Mence! When will the theorymoning stop?

Years
    *sigh* I was visiting Smogon today and some people were arguing for Salamence to be Uber.

First Chomp, now Mence! When will the theorymoning stop?

Flinch moves are clearly cheating, so we'll remove those. And Blissey can't really be killed with special attacks. Gone. OMFG +6 Bibarel can sweep teams. Uber. I can see what the problem was with Chomp, even if it's not entirely valid. This is just stupid.

Read: ANY MAJOR THREAT CAN SWEEP YOUR TEAM IF YOU DO NOT ACCOUNT FOR IT AND, IN GENERAL, PLAY LIKE A PETROL-SNIFFING RETARD FROM THE UNDERGROUND. THIS DOES NOT MAKE SAID POKEMON UBER...

I'm sorry, Gyarados can easily pull off a sweep if you fail to plan for it or lose your counter. This does not make it Uber, by any means. Magmortar can sweep a team with perfect prediction and a oblivious opponent, but in reality? Not going to happen.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Archie, I know. Next Gyara will be claimed Uber. Then maybe Farfetch'd. Heck, Unown with it's massive movepool 2KO's Chomp and Mence.

Anyway enough with the sarcasm but seriously, is this what Smogon is coming to?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Archie, I know. Next Gyara will be claimed Uber. Then maybe Farfetch'd. Heck, Unown with it's massive movepool 2KO's Chomp and Mence.

Anyway enough with the sarcasm but seriously, is this what Smogon is coming to?

the thread that makes France look good

Discussion of this thread is now on my awesome artistic skills.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Summarizing the very recent posts in this thread (bar the above picture): We disagree with a potential Smogon policy to such a ridiculous extent that we will engage in useless and sometimes annoying hyperbole that in many cases misrepresents what is actually being said or is using worse logic than that in the thread that is supposedly all that is wrong with Smogon's suspect test.

To reiterate: Stop overreacting, it it extremely unlikely that Salamence will be banned and it isn't going to take priority over the last remaining suspect that truly matters, Manaphy. Seeing as the tests that a Salamence test would interrupt are rather silly (Evasion, OHKO, and Species Clauses), it really isn't a big deal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    On an interesting note. Even Regirock, the most defensive Pokemon in the game (where base stats are concerned), cannot surivive two Outrages from a Attack+ Nature'd 1+ Outrage with Life Orb on Salamence, even with full health and Leftovers taken in to account. The exception to this is if Regirock uses Protect to stall a turn and gain 6% health, but no other Pokemon is capable of pulling off that stunt either. This basically means that against this particular set, the only Pokemon capable of performing a check when switching are Steel types.

^^ Smogoner admitting Regirock counters Salamence.

I win!

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    If you want something to counter salamence, just get a CB Mamoswine with Ice Shard XD

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you want something to counter salamence, just get a CB Mamoswine with Ice Shard XD

Registeel/Regirock weak fool.

Also guess what ?

Skipshot was right (kinda) Rhyperior doesnt counter DD Gyarados, but it counters DD Mence!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back