• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova elite four could've been a lot more difficult.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    Does anyone else think that the Unova elite four could've been a lot more challenging?

Think about it. In previous game's you fought the elite four in order, and their pokemon would be stronger for each member. For example, in R/B the elite four starts out with Lorelie, who has a level 56 Lapras as her strongest pokemon, and when you get to the final member, Blue, his strongest pokemon is the starter pokemon he took at level 65.

IMO B/W are easy enough as it is, what with the gym leaders having low leveled poke's, and Cheren and Bianca only having 4 pokemon before you finish the game, but the Elite four is just too easy, because all four members strongest pokemon are the exact same level, 50. If you were to fight them in order, then the first members strongest pokemon would be level 50, and then for the final fight against Ghetsis, his Hydreigon would be about level 62. I reckon if they had of done this instead the game would've been alot more fun and challanging.

But that's enough ranting, what do you guys think? Do you think it's fine the way it is, or do you reckon they should've been fought in order so they could actually be somewhat challenging?

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
  • Actually the game is designed in such a way that you are given a sure guarantee to win the elite 4 to proceed to the main story line of the game where you are the HERO . Also in the first round with the E4 you do not get registered as a new champion ( Like in the previous games ) . It is only after the E4 second round you become the NEW CHAMPION . At that time all the pokemons of the E4 are pretty tough ( around level 70 ) with the champion's main pokemon at level 77 . So the E4 is tough in pokemon black and white

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    Yeah, but the elite four rematch which includes the champion is actually part of the after game, which make it entirely optional. Also, being the hero and completing the game shouldn't be super easy, it should actually be a challenge. It took me ages to beat the elite four in platinum because their pokemon were actually tough.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yes but technically you havent finished the game until you beat alder which is quite tough

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I personally didn't find beating the Elite Four the first time very easy. My strongest pokémon must have been around level 45, at that point. I gave up multiple times to train, but I never ended up training. I just decided to go on and do my best, so I beat them. I guess it's pretty simple, though, if you know what your doing. Ghetsis' Hydreigon was evil, it kept 1HKO-ing my pokémon!

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    when you face the elite four a second time its alot harder than the 1st time alder is a diffrent type of champion

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I didn't like the Elite Four... not only are their levels too low (reminiscent of Johto) but their types are too similar... and not to mention that they only have four Pokemon. And the whole thing is made even worse when you find out the postgame has everybody at Lv65+. It totally doesn't make any sense that the random trainers on, say, route 14 could pulverize what are supposed to be the region's "elite" trainers.

Blackmagix95

Lock N Load
    Years
  • indeed, after you beat the pokemon league and beat N, you can challenge the pokemon league again but this time they got 2 different pokemon in their party and they are lvl 70-75. after you beat them, you fight alder/alduke (if i say his japanese name right). one thing im curious about is who is the best champion? lance, steven, cythina, alder or wallace?

Jirachel

You steal my apples, you die.
    Years
  • I agree on this wholeheartedly. The first time around it was too easy. I remember playing and thinking to myself: This is it? This is the Elite Four, it's supposed to be a challenge. I didn't even have that hard of a time beating Ghestis. What doesn't make sense to me, as some other people have been stating is that after you beat Ghestis and go through all of that, you have all of those trainers in the postgame that are so tough. I really don't get why they did this. I remember having to level grind and level grind, and I wasn't even close to where I wanted to be. I think that they could've done the Elite Four/postgame a bit differently, but overall, I guess it's not that bad.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Actually the game is designed in such a way that you are given a sure guarantee to win the elite 4 to proceed to the main story line of the game where you are the HERO . Also in the first round with the E4 you do not get registered as a new champion ( Like in the previous games ) . It is only after the E4 second round you become the NEW CHAMPION . At that time all the pokemons of the E4 are pretty tough ( around level 70 ) with the champion's main pokemon at level 77 . So the E4 is tough in pokemon black and white
    I actually like this reason. The level jump from 48-50 to 71-73 for the E4 is the real challenge here.

Years
  • I think Black is the first Pokemon game in which I've beaten the Elite Four both on the first try, and without using anything stronger than a Hyper Potion or Revive. It does get more difficult later on, though.

Years
  • I thought it couldve been harder for us but then again once you go through it again theyre a lot stronger. I personally havent tryed a second time so i wouldnt really know what to expect a second time since all i did after beating the game was catch pokemon and train.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    The level jump from 48-50 to 71-73 for the E4 is the real challenge here.

Now that I think about it, they must have alot of rare candies to get their pokemon to those levels within an hour...

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Well, provided you had a fighting type high jump kick and a bug type with bug buzz you're pretty much set for the first round. Your starter can handle the ghost types. Also, Alder was a big disappointment (yes I know he's not technically elite four but the champ) because my untrained level 70 Volcarona could defeat his whole team after some butterfly dances.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    Also, Alder was a big disappointment (yes I know he's not technically elite four but the champ) because my untrained level 70 Volcarona could defeat his whole team after some butterfly dances.

Alder was awesome but his weak pokemon were a dissapointment..

The13thSage

Only guy who likes Shedinja :P
    Years
  • The Elite 4 wasn't that challenging. The hardest member the first time through was Grimsley, and that was due to poor team choice (changing around my team for second time around, my first team had serperior, liepard, boldore, cofagrigus, galvantula, and gothitelle). Reshiram was easy to catch, and N and Ghetsis I beat on my first try.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The first round (Pre-National Dex) was very easy. Post-National Dex battles were... A bit more challenging, but I still managed to beat them at first try.

Back