• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Vassa Region OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Off-Topic: Rocky Horror Picture Show just scarred me for life XD
    Try having your father dress up as the transvestite from it at your aunt's 40th Halloween-themed birthday party and doing starjumps to Led Zeppelin. Scarred for life, haven't listened to Communication Breakdown since DX

Butt so that I'm not off topic, finally back from work, have about three hours to post before some people get here, and I have to have dinner in that time. Good thing is I started on it and got three paragraphs done last night so *goes to post*.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Try having your father dress up as the transvestite from it at your aunt's 40th Halloween-themed birthday party and doing starjumps to Led Zeppelin. Scarred for life, haven't listened to Communication Breakdown since DX

LOLOLOL!! I'm so sorry for you.

PS: We need a new chappie xD

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Fen, I misread the chapter slightly, and was all ready to battle the angry kid in front of the gym, instead. I had a dyslexic moment, I dunno, and didn't realize till now. Is that okay with you? Carol and co did visit the Pokemon Center and everything, and I didn't think the location was super-important. There's probably pay phones near the gym, right? Or the kid could have a cell phone too. Maybe my opponent is a Rich Boy.

In other news, in the wake of Luigi-a's capture of such a lovely Ekans (I didn't even know shiny Ekans were green--that's really pretty!) I'm wondering if I can ever get a shiny myself. ::totally covets one for purely shallow reasons:: If a pokemon ever appears on the path that I like the shiny look of, I'll try to make a suitably excellent post to earn it.

Question to everyone in the thread, too; I'm totally new at the RPing thing, at least for Pokemon, and I'm wondering, when it's trainer journey stories like this one, do you guys start out with anything in mind? Like for me, Carol has her Teddiursa (LOOOOOOOVE) and once the Teddiursa's fighting style came to me, that kinda influenced what I might want to select for the rest of her team--probably all badass ones. Not necessarily huge, but fierce-looking, like Arbok will be eventually. Nothing specific, though.

And in the other RP I'm in, Luigi-a's New League, I was like "SWINUB PLZ OMGGG" because I got this mental image and it just stuck, never to be pried away, of Mackie and a giant Mamoswine. The rest I picked up because of the character's preference for things that fly, and then out of necessity (to be effective against the stuff that will nuke all the flyers, lol).

So do you guys have themes planned, or hope for a specific pokemon, or are you just going with the flow, or what?

::curious::

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Being an avid competitive battler, most RP teams of mine always end up being battle-ready for the Overused tier XD So...expect that most likely (Hence Garchomp, minus the fact he was voted to the Uber tier by like a TINY majority this time =/)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Broadway, as to what Fen told me about the shiny thing, she said that we can have /I think, not entirely sure anymore xD/ up to two. The first one needs a kickass post, for a second one the post needs to be entirely magical. Like, flying stars and swishing wands and rainbow crap like that.

Hm, as for Jane, I'm kinda seeing her with a whole team of lovable retards but that's just me xD And one overly serious Stantler that's like 'Why the hell do I have to put with this crap?'
    And a Steelix, Jane needs a Steelix, cause she's obsessed with them xD I'm gonna try making it shiny with some magic stars and rainbow crap too xD Cause it's gold. Like GOLD. I can't pass up a freaking GOLD Steelix lmao. But I couldn't pick between Ekans and Steelix, and Fen was like, if you make it entirely and totally amazing, then I might get one xD
    Knowing me I have to take the challenge.

Anywaym yes, retards. Like the bi-polar Ekans who's in love with Jane, and then the ADHD Houndour that's also slightly retarded and has a very bad memory.
    Oh I love them.
    Will possibly make the Onix, like, ADD or something. Or maybe it'll be antisocial. I don't know yet. Mental illnesses are fun to give to creatures, I swear they are.

Ps. My Ekans kicks your Ekans' ass.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Ps. My Ekans kicks your Ekans' ass.

I know DX ::grimace:: I discovered after reading your post that a) I don't like having the same pokemon as someone else in the RP and b) especially not when the other one is shiny. Fear not, I am aware of my irrationality, and I don't begrudge you your pretty green bipolar reptile in any way shape or form, but I did knee-jerkily feel like mine had suddenly become unspecial twice over. Which is just dumb and childish! I'm mostly over it, even if I kind of hope I can trade the Ekans eventually, now. But dammit, Carol likes that snake, and so does Chant. ::kicks self for being an idiot in a wide variety of ways:: I think I was extra-envious because shiny Ekans really is such a nice look. And the Arbok is gold! ::turns green myself::

Shiny steelix is gold?!! You HAVE to get it. (See, I only get BAWW-ish about people getting shiny pokemon I'm interested in... is that good, or bad? o_O) But ADD giant steel snake-monster... eeeeek! How about giving it an inner-ear problem so it always trips over itself--ah but that's probably worse than a distractable behemonth, eh, one that can't control itself. But HAHA I just realized, Arbok and Steelix will be colour-coordinated.

I'm thinking about what other shinies are out there. Colour-reverse Nido family is cool. Or a blue Shuckle!! Or--hey, did you know that shiny Sandslash has bright red back-spikes? Spiffing. I guess I'll be checking the shiny looks of all the new chapters.

::fidgets:: RPing like this is so fun. I feel like I've been missing out, only discovering it now.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Haha you should have seen my reaction when you were catching an Ekans xD Ask Fen lmao I was spazzing all over msn.So, of course, I had to make mine special. I play dirty that way.
    If it's any consolation, I'm probably never gonna let her evolve into an Arbok, just cause I'm no fan of those. So that one would be all yours if you stick it out with Ekans =] Now you made me feel bad.

Hm, shiny-wise, I LOVE Absol, cause its eyes are bright turquoise and it's bourdeux and pink coloured. Aaand Swably, cause it's yellow xD Hm, I kinda sorta like Ponyta, cause the flames are blue, which ties in with the whole orange flame/ blue flame kinda thing (Chemistry corrupted me) aaand... hm... Oh my gosh, shiny lapras is PURPLE *spasm* That's awesome xD Hm, I like shiny Bayleef too, cause it;s all autumny, but not shiny Meganium.
    I can go on all night like this xD

Anyway, Anti-social Behemoth would be worse, cause they don't care who they hurt. But I like the ADD option better. He'd be like a puppy xD ANOTHER puppy, not like Jane needs any more.

And yes it is, like an actual GOLD gold too, it's awesome. Onix is a greeny gold, but Steelix, now THAT'S the good stuff.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Really? You spazzed?! ...I feel a lot better about it now :D (I must be somewhat evil, lol). Woot, we made each other spazz. \o/

Ooooh yes, gold Swablu is lovely. I agree 100% on Ponyta too. And shiny Ghastly, is another good one, the blue smoke... I like the yellow Drifloon too... and the plain version. Sadly Drifblim I find a little scary-looking.

Years
    Whoa Luigi-a, chill with the spasms before you kill someone XD But yeah, you can have up to two shiny Pokemon. The first post can be awesome, but the next post has to be MAGICAL. Like Harry Potter magical XD If you include a werewolf somehow, you get double magic bonus points lmao X3

And in other RPs I'm in, I sort of...I don't know, sometimes I just see a Pokemon and I'm like THAT. He/she MUST have THAT one XD Sometimes the Pokemon I give them are my own favorites (Growlithe for example <3) and other times I'm just like...hrmm....(like Gastly). So yeah =3

But let me tell you one thing about shiny capturing. If you're going for a shiny...erm...Lugia (which won't be possible, because we're not catching legends XD) then that will definitely be harder than a shiny Rattata.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Like I said, I'm gonna totally be checking all future pokemon for what their shiny versions look like... keeping evos in mind, too... it seems to commonly happen that my favourite pokemon (for me personally, not my characters in RPs) tend to have shiny versions that I either don't like, like pink Swampert... blech, or are only barely different than the normal colour, like Bidoof--oh look, it's a little lighter brown, or Snorlax, which is slightly more blue, or something.

Meanwhile, I should be getting up my post tonight :)

Years
    Eeeyyyy finally posted the post. The amazing wild battle against the Rattata. Only two more posts to catch up to everyone else XD

But yeah, I've got something on tomorrow but I should have tomorrow night free so I'll probably get Route 301 part deux done by tomorrow night. Meanwhile, it's 2.36am and I've got to turn off this music and get to sleep. Oh yeah, on a side note, I don't know what works for you guys but having like jazz piano in the background is making me more motivated to write for some reason, I just realised. Just curious, is there anything you guys get into the mood with?

Years
    Alright so...
    Bowen learned bite. Chant learned fury swipes. Natu learned night shade.
    Those are the new moves for the people that've posted.

And...let's get to the new chappie! You get a special gift from the gym leader when you beat him/her XD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I SHOULD have my post up by tomorrow at the latest, I've just been super busy this week =P

Years
    Yeah turned out I had the whole day free, so I've put up another post. Though I'll have work and band stuff until about Monday (or like sunday arvo your time) so yeah, if I don't get a chance to battle the kid outside the Pokemon Center on the weekend I'll do it sometime early next week :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back