• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Very 1st Time You Beating The Elite Four?

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
Years
  • Mine was on gold, I'm pretty sure I was about 11, I think my team was something like Feraligatr, Ho-oh, Mew, Golem and I can't remember the rest, I went on to beat the elite four 251 times over the years, then I lost the cartrage. I was sat in KFC when I beat Lance, it was an evening and I loved what happened afterwards, the S.S. Aqua, the way Vermillion City looked at night and how Kanto had changed, fond memories.

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • My first time was on Blue version, I had just gotten home from grocery shopping with my mom and before helping her with the bags, I go sit in the living room and the only thing I remember about the battle was the conclusion, My Articuno with its Hp in the red defeating Blue's Venusaur with Ice beam.

And this was before I learned the Missingno. Trick.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    My first E4 win was way back on Blue version when I was a little kid. I don't remember my team other than that I had a very overleveled Blastoise and 5 very level-neglected Pokémon. I remember taking my Gameboy to church (a Pentecostal church that generally thought that Pokémon was evil, no less) and finishing the battles during the sermon while hiding it from my parents. lol

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think the very first time was in my first Pokémon game which was Pokémon Yellow. I was so young that I don't really remember the fight itself, but I do remember Victory Road and that my friend had to do that for me because I couldn't figure it out, and that part where guards have to check if you have all badges. I also remember that I went there once in the beginning and that they wouldn't let me through lol, and I got mad XD

Anyway, I always got super nervous and stoked when battling Gym Leaders or E4, so probably my heart was like pounding in my throat lol.

Years
  • Technically, my first time was on Emerald, but I don't count that because the resident Pokemon Master on my street had to trade me his level 100 Blaziken for me to win. So, the time I consider my first time was when I started over that Emerald game and actually beat it with my own team. I remember I had a Swampert, Ludicolo, and Pelipper on that team.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I remember being such a young Pokémon player, I always made my brother go and beat the Elite Four for me. It was in the first game I ever got (that being Sapphire), and I was a little under-leveled quite a few times throughout the game. Finally one day my brother decided I should give it a go myself (this time in the same level range as Steven's Pokémon), and I actually ended up winning after the multiple times I watched my brother go through the E4 in both his game and mine in the past. It was pretty exciting! I still and always will remember the team I used for it. :)

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • It would have been on Gold, I believe. It may have been Yellow, but my memory is a bit sketchy and I'm not sure whether I received Yellow or Gold first.

But either way, my team consisted of Feraligatr and Ho-oh in Gold, and Venusaur for Yellow.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I yelled really loudly and pissed off my cousin who was right next to me. I felt like a boss.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
  • My first was on my first game yellow my team was

Pikachu
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Pidgeot
    Poliwrath
    Gengar

Ahhhh, GOOD TIMES i'm actually surprised I remember my whole team O.O 1,000 years later XD now I feel old <.<

Last edited:
    Years
  • The first time that I beat the Elite Four was on Pokemon Yellow.

I know that I didn't have Pikachu in my party, but I do remember having Dewgong, Zapdos and Charizard on my team (can't remember the other 3, though).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Anyway, when was the very first time you beat them?
    The first time I beat the Elite Four was in Pokemon Red and followed by Pokemon Blue 2 days later

What was it like and can you remember your team?
    It was an amazing feeling (this was when I was little and when the games first came out). I dont remember all of the Pokemon that were on my teams but I remember that in Pokemon Blue, I had a Venusaur on my team and in Pokemon red, I had a Charizard on my team

:t354:TG

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • My very first one was on Gold. I had actually picked Cyndaquil as my starter, but later on, when my Togepi learned Headbutt, I went back to Pokemon Professor's House and caught an Aipom, to use as my starter. I currently have that Aipom on level 100, but that's another story. I had Aipom, Typhlosion, Noctowl, Furret, Ditto and Shuckle with me. It finally came down to just Aipom and Lance's last Dragonite, and Aipom only had Fury Swipes and one Swift when we won. I was so excited, I stared at the game for about an hour!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't clearly remember beating Gen I & II Elite Four for the first time, but I clearly remember beating Hoenns Elite Four as I was old enough to be aware how challenging and an achievement it was. I remember I was at my friends on Sapphire and I had spent loads on revives, potions etc. and I had so much trouble with Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia & Drake and I reached Steven and I saved because I didn't expect to win going by how hard the previous four. I remember taking down some of his Pokémon without struggle but then came Armaldo which I really had a hard time with and even worse with Cradily which happened to be his last even more of a struggle but I remember winning JUST short of whiting out with hardly any HP left, I was over the moon and I was so happy!

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I dont think i remember the first time... but i remember i had a heck of a time beating the elite 4 when i was younger and newer to pokemon.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Oh glorious Pokemon Yellow. I believe my Charizard and Blastoise did most of the work too. I remember it was at night, right when my mom yelled at me for playing too much but I just ignored her and beat the E4. After I did, I celebrated loudly with her looking at me like I was psychological.

Good times.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Hm... I remember that every time I reached the Elite, I'd just move on to the next game. I first beat them on Sapphire, with mainly a Blaziken (cleverly named Blaze) and a Delcatty (named Kitty). I think I also had a Swellow, and a Plusle. As soon as I beat them, I returned to my Red and Yellow games and easily beat the Elite Four on them. It was a good time.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • I defeated the Elite Four in Blue Version first when i was 8 (since i didn't know how to get to Sootapolis City and was constantly training). I remember I had a like a level 81 or 79 Wartortle, a level 76 Pikachu, a level 77 Charizard, a level 77 Venusaur, a level 75 or 76 Golem, and a level 54 Dragonair.

Last edited:
    Back