• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Why haven't they done that yet?" thread

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Bring back the Stadium 2 cries for Kanto and Johto, and update Hoenn. (Seriously, you ppl think Sinnoh's cries are pieces of 8-bit CRUD?! They sound like real animals to me!)

Anime cries on any game not anime-based: 7,000 levels of WRONG. I don't ever want to see that. *shudders*

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Another problem with manual flying is that nothing could stop you from flying to places you haven't been before. Maybe for the next game, you could fly over trees and other obstacles, but not mountains and such. That would be so neat.

I've always thought it was funny that you could have a team full of Level 100 Pokemon that could move the earth, summon oceans and change the weather at a whim, but you still can't jump up those three-foot ridges.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Also....

Why the move Teleport can teleport you in Pokemon Centers? Why not everywhere. Because it would comepletely destroy the purpose of the move FLY.

And why no one likes Spinda. Because it's pretty weak, and has no good evolution. The only cool thing about it is how every one has a different pattern of spots.
    -When will the Elite Four remember that you battled and beat them? But they allow you to rebattle them, and you can select which one you want to battle?

GeneralSkarr

Golden Member
    Years
    Spinda sucks.

Why do they creat so many filler pokemon that mean nothing to me ie geodude, rattata, bidoff etc?
    Why in god's green earth don't they expand the damn story, i mean the routine is exhausted to little bits and pieces.
    I wanna actually make my own gym or become a member of the elite four, hey blue did it in G/S/C.
    I'm tired of wimpy rivals, I want blue to come back, he didn't cry as much.
    Idk, nintendo needs to have a seminars and conferences on what to change and add to these games before bringing out new ones. They're only thinking of thier 7-14 age brackets, I'm 19, I want blood damnit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Spinda sucks.

Why do they creat so many filler pokemon that mean nothing to me ie geodude, rattata, bidoff etc?
    Why in god's green earth don't they expand the damn story, i mean the routine is exhausted to little bits and pieces.
    I wanna actually make my own gym or become a member of the elite four, hey blue did it in G/S/C.
    Idk, nintendo needs to have a seminars and conferences on what to change and add to these games before bringing out new ones. They're only thinking of thier 7-14 age brackets, I'm 19, I want blood damnit.

The last two games have seemed a bit phoned-in, in spite of a precious few inspired changes in game mechanics.

I think the series (the battle system most notably) needs an overhaul to appease its aging fanbase (though from the looks of this community, there are plenty of fresh faces playing these days) more than it needs a hundred new Pokemon and a new set of fifty dollar games, you know?

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    -Why haven't they put a sound test in the game? They're not going to lose money on the soundtracks.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    I feel that that is gonna be the radio function in the possible duskgold and dawnsilver

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Why is there no easy way to check for IVs?
    Why is there no move tutor?
    Why god why do HP IVs have to be the first to be distributed for offspring? It's annoying as all hell.

You're thinking of Sucker Punch. THAT was called Ambush in Japan (Which is why Ariados can learn it.

Aerial Ace is roughly translated as "Hatching Swallow", A Samurai Sword Move. Diglett and Dugtrio have Claws, they'e just not visable. That's why it can learn Scratch, Slash, Blade Test(Night Slash), Fury Swipes, Shadow Claw, and Cut.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    You're thinking of Sucker Punch. THAT was called Ambush in Japan (Which is why Ariados can learn it.

Aerial Ace is roughly translated as "Hatching Swallow", A Samurai Sword Move. Diglett and Dugtrio have Claws, they'e just not visable. That's why it can learn Scratch, Slash, Blade Test(Night Slash), Fury Swipes, Shadow Claw, and Cut.
    .......how does that answer any of airconditioning's questions?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Why cant we when we use fly actualy go up in the clouds and encounter trainers on their pokemon and flying and dragon pokemon.
    Because the move is made for quickly getting from place to place WITHOUT having to go through many routes of trainers and wild Pokemon. That would be neat, but it would also defeat the purpose.

Also....

Why the move Teleport can teleport you in Pokemon Centers? Why not everywhere. We have Fly.

And why no one likes Spinda. It has bad stats, no evolution, and is considered by many to be ugly. If not for all that, I'd be asking the same question though (I like Spinda!)

Spinda sucks.

Because if you start off the game battling Zangooses, Roserades, and Blisseys, then your early Pokemon will be Koed in every single battle and get nowhere. You need to work your way up.
    I feel you, but it just works. It's a classic and effective style that gets boring, sure, but it's always a game full of new Pokemon to train all the same. They really aim for that, not storyline.
    What fun. Sitting in a room all day waiting for kids to come in and get easily defeated by your Pokemon that have no level limitations as normal Gym leader and E4's Pokemon do. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
    Meh. As long as they battle and have Pokemon that give EXP, I don't really care much. Some others might though.
    And then all the parents who thought Pokemon was a kids game go insane. It's a cool concept, and it would be awesome, but it's probably best left in the RPG and fanfiction sections of Pokemon forums.

-Why haven't they put a sound test in the game? They're not going to lose money on the soundtracks.
    I can't see a sound test in an RPG. Namely a Pokemon one. Just Fly to the place with the music or download the MP3 track.
    ^No seriously, they have those online. I have Eterna Forest and Mt.Coronet saved on my computer. :D

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
    Years
    Well, in my leafgreen I noticed something really weird...my magmar, despite her burning appearance...she cant learn OVERHEAT!

Well, in my leafgreen I noticed something really weird...my magmar, despite her burning appearance...she cant learn OVERHEAT!
    who's gonna fix that!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Sorry If any of these are repeates.

When the hell are they :
    Gonna make a Higher lever training area (80-100)
    Gonna make Gyrados into a Dragon
    Gonna makeit so Gyrados can learn Fly
    Distribute events over Wi Fi
    Release Remakes of Special Pikachu Edition, Gold , Silver, and Cystal
    Bring Back the Day Night Cycle (is this in D/P?)
    Bring Back the Pokegear With New features
    Feature more stuff to do along the way. (SIDE QUESTS)

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008

When the hell are they :
    Gonna make a Higher lever training area (80-100) Yeah!
    Gonna make Gyrados into a Dragon Makes sence.
    Gonna makeit so Gyrados can learn Fly .........you know, this argument has gone for a long time, and heres my first input into it: WHO GIVES A POOPY!!!!
    Distribute events over Wi Fi That makes sence as well.
    Release Remakes of Special Pikachu Edition, Gold , Silver, and Cystal Well, if they made a Yellow remake, it would have to be for the DS, since it would be awkward if they made a new Pokemon game for the GBA, and, since Yellow version is the version chronologicaly before Gold and Silver anyways, not Red and Blue, they would have to make it for the same system.
    Bring Back the Day Night Cycle (is this in D/P?) Yes, it is in D/P.
    Bring Back the Pokegear With New features That's going to happen soon.
    Feature more stuff to do along the way. (SIDE QUESTS) Um.....collecting 482 Pokemon isn't enough?
    Their the answer to your questions. My answers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023

When the hell are they :
    Gonna make a Higher lever training area (80-100)
    Probably never, because they suck like that... *sigh*
    Gonna make Gyrados into a Dragon
    And then it would have three types... Gyarados is good as is if you ask me.
    Gonna makeit so Gyrados can learn Fly
    A giant water-bound sea-serpent that resembles a blue mutant shrimp with fins rather than wings can Fly? I don't think so. Don't try to say it's a Flying Type so it should learn it, either. Mantine is a Water/Flyer, but no one seems to care that it can't use Fly. Gyarados is no different.
    Distribute events over Wi Fi
    They probably will once they start revealing Arceus.
    Release Remakes of Special Pikachu Edition, Gold , Silver, and Cystal
    Yellow's probably a lost cause, as the time of the GBA FR/LG ran on is long over. But the Jhoto remakes are possible.
    Bring Back the Day Night Cycle (is this in D/P?)
    It's in D/P.
    Bring Back the Pokegear With New features
    Since when did they bring back the same trainer-gear device? They'll probably just keep making new things.
    Feature more stuff to do along the way. (SIDE QUESTS)
    They already have a few. And that's plenty along with the game itself. If you want a side-quest, go to all the Sevii Islands in FR/LG.

Why haven't they made EVs and/or IVs an openly-known thing yet? They at least need to do it with IVs.

Why haven't they made a cheetah Pokemon yet?

I can only think of two right now...

Back