• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
P_New_Poke.jpg

Found this thing on Twitter. What do you guys think?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
@ Above, I think it looks like this! http://neliorra.deviantart.com/art/The-Stoat-Fakemon-259526807

Well done, Pokemon Jungle. Now you're just tweeting every picture 'leaked' without even bothering to check anywhere on if it is legitimate or not. When you're posting leaks that originate from deviantart in order to likely gain hits... yeah, my appreciation of you isn't going to rise.

On that note, there's a new chespin final-stage evolution image doing the rounds too (small screenshot), but that's been deemed fake due to differences in the HP bars and shading.

So many fake leaks. @_@ I guess this is the downside of a worldwide release.
This is also a claim froakie's evolution IS fake, but that's assuming that isn't fake in itself. =p

But basically, just remain sceptical of any leak and treat as fake until confirmed. Especially those of poor image quality - what's stopping someone from taking a decent picture, or of more than one thing if they're actually going to risk being caught leaking? More often, bad quality is more to mask the picture itself in the case it is fake.

Note also, some claims are that leaking stuff if you are a reviewer comes with the risk of 'a $100,000 fine, law suit, and several others'. So yeah.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Looks Like Quillom. Maybe. I cant believe all of this just yet =(

Also On PokeJungle they got another image of Chespins final form from a leaker.
As said above, the first is a fake straight from deviantart, the second is deemed as fake due to Hp bars/shading by people on other forums already. Pokejungle's just posting any little thing as soon as it's found with no regard for it being legit or not.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
As said above, the first is a fake straight from deviantart, the second is deemed as fake due to Hp bars/shading by people on other forums already. Pokejungle's just posting any little thing as soon as it's found with no regard for it being legit or not.

Correct.
And Yeah the chespin picture just looks way off.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016

PokeJungle lost their credibility the moment they released the so called leaked 'four legged' Riolu as real, back in the Pre-Gen IV era. They are getting more and more sloppy and lousy! When I see PokeJungle, I think of joke. I suggest everyone to not be too serious about their leaks. ;)

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Welp time for some actual proof that the leaked images are fake.

Spoiler:

I made some simple trajectory based lines based on the placement of objects on the screen, and it's pretty apparent this is a phony. That or this Pokemon game is a visual nightmare. First of all, on the bottom left, you see the three lines. They all start from the very tip of the pokeball. One extends perfectly straight, one follows the "straight" of the angle (what would be straight if the angle where rotated,) and the last from the tip to the other ball. As you can see, it's very slightly off.

Example 2: Kerning & Linespace. Look at the top left's green circle, where it says "Greninja." Notice the abnormally large gab between n and j. This is called improper kerning, and it's probably a result of the "leaker" attempting to angle the letters up properly, so he's kerning by hand. Bad choice. You'll also see that if you followed the bottom of the letters, the G dips far lower on the line than any other letter.

I could point out more, but I think y'all get the gist.

I love you SO much for pointing that out. I was getting pretty disappointed with that fake, but to the unknowing eye I couldn't say if fake or not. But your analysis proved it fake and I'm happy for that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well they do have a disclaimer that it's just rumors xD. Soon though Pokébeach could be going the same route...

As far as I've seen, Pokebeach posts more unfounded rumors than PokeJungle did. All I ever see there is them posting things as soon as they find them and they remove them later because of the info being fake. PokeJungle is a discussion site so them posting the rumors isn't that bad. They are just there to discuss things. Pokebeach is supposed to be a news site but they post more rumors and hearsay than news.

Neither is a credible source as all they care about doing is discussing things at this point.

We're better off waiting for Serebii or Bulbapedia because they sort through the trash and the news before they stake a claim in them being valid.

So really PJ and PB are as good to us as 4chan and VP. They just discuss rumors.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

That's quite a nice-looking Pokémon! It would've been awesome if it was actually official, and not fan-made. Mustly looks a bit like Quilava since their eyes are exactly identical, but I'm fine with that. As for Kleptermine, I really like the concept behind it. According to its PokéDex entry, it tends to steal stuff whenever it gets the chance. Maybe if you had it as a member of your team, it would've randomly held onto new items for you as you traveled, sort of like all the Pokémon who have Pickup ability? d:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
One thing is a disclaimer, and another is just posting everything they find without bothering to check. =/ If people can find the dA art within a half-hour of the tweet, and find obvious flaws of the other pretty much right after it was posted, then they're really just not trying and just fuelling the mad shouting by the fandom right now. As if we needed more of that. =p

Idk. I'd have thought that if you're running a large fansite or etc you'd be interested in only posting stuff that has a solid chance of being real, not just everything or anything you see. Why help in the misleading of fans by sharing all the leaks that the majority so far have been shown to be fake? Mind you, sites can get in trouble for doing that as is, so that's another iffy thing going on.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Hawklucha is a combination of the word Hawk and lucha, Spanish for fighting. By the looks of the pokemon it is based on lucha libre, a Mexican type of entertainment fighting, very much like the WWE, but a lot older. If this pokemon comes out to be true, we are in front of a Flying/Fighting type.

D Dog master of war

In the heart of battle!
Years
Grninja is fake cuz its name is spelled odd and the summary muen is super fake and Extrasensory always had 30 PP it says 20 HAHHAHAHA!

And all the leaks are fake and BTW the only 70 new pokémon is a lie. Pokemon smash said we will havd 150+ new pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Grninja is fake cuz its name is spelled odd and the summary muen is super fake and Extrasensory always had 30 PP it says 20 HAHHAHAHA!

And all the leaks are fake and BTW the only 70 new pokémon is a lie. Pokemon smash said we will havd 150+ new pokémon.

It has been said that some moves would have the pp changed so that point is invalid but I do think (& hope) that greninja is fake

While that frog Pokemon was proven fake, make a note that PP altered does NOT mean that they are fake; in the past there were moves that had their PP changed throughout the Generations, Recover was then 20 and currently 10, while giga Drain was 5 PP in Gen II and III, it was increased to 10 in Gen IV.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

1)Names are always spelled weird. Its Pokemon, the names having a weird spelling is always a given.

2)Vine Whip changed to 25 PP in Gen 6 in an earlier post. It was 15PP in Gen 5. The change on PP, BP, or accuracy can happen at any Generation. This is not a valid argument on whether or not something is fake.

3) There is no site that says anything about Smash saying there are more than 150 new Pokemon. The number of new Pokemon has not as of yet been undisclosed by any official source. We could get 70 we could get 100. We have no idea how many we are getting.

While that frog Pokemon was proven fake, make a note that PP altered does NOT mean that they are fake; in the past there were moves that had their PP changed throughout the Generations, Recover was then 20 and currently 10, while giga Drain was 5 PP in Gen II and III, it was increased to 10 in Gen IV.
Serebii's page of updated attacks in Gen 6.

Just as Fiery Dash is saying, other moves HAVE changed in the past. Accuracy, Base Power and Power Point all change for some moves in almost every Generation and sometimes within the same generation as Hypnosis' Accuracy Changed twice in the 4th Generation.

Years
http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/638/3713/original.jpg
New image, let me know what you think.
Potentially a MAJOR SPOILER, click at your own caution.

Sorry, it's fake. It's from monster MMORPG

Well that certainly leads me to believe the Greninja is legit. That analysis on why Greninja was fake, I saw nothing wrong with it tbh lol. I mean, we have not seen any Master Ball sprites up to this point and here we have a completely legit-looking one here. Same fonts, nothing wrong. And on the name spacing, "n" followed by "j" having a large space, I am no expert on these things but I would assume that there is a space large enough to reach the j's endpoint, so that it does not seem like the bottom part of the "j" is underneath the "n." And also, someone pointed out that that is from deviantart, not an RPG.

Back