• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • It can be based on a rogue and a ninja and still be pure water. I mean apparently Fennekin is supposed to be a Mage/Witch but is Psychic type. Mages and Witches deal in Magic not Psychic powers. It would make more sense for Fennekin to be Fairy which is a more magical type than Psychic to fit the bill, and as for knights, Steel would fit better than fighting stricly because the most notable thing about a knight is their armor.

Based on some of the moves that Chespin and Quiladin have been showing off I still have not been convinced its not a Rock Type.

I have to agree with you there, a Pokemon's appearance doesn't always judge if it's pure-typed or dual-typed, and I do admit your type combination predictions (Grass/Steel, Fire/Fairy and Water/Dark) could fit the descriptions for the final evo Kalos starters on that whole "knight, mage, rogue" theme they have going on. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they remained pure-typed, I mean we did have a set of starters that all stayed pure-typed (Johto) and then we had another bunch that all ended up dual-typed in their final stages (Sinnoh). Most cases we've seen so far had at least one pure-typed starter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That whole rumor with Meowstick, Malamar and other on it Serebii did not post.

Because they learnt their lesson, which I mentioned earlier -- the 'the four legged Riolu' incident, as well as Bianca as being the Champion of BW1.

It's obvious that Serebii is waiting for official words before posting it, which is absolutely the right thing to do.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That whole rumor with Meowstick, Malamar and other on it Serebii did not post.

That's because Serebii only posts News and not Rumors. They will not post anything that has no official credit to it. There are still many parts of those old rumors that have yet to be proven and still as of yet may never get proven. We have no guarantee that Meowstic have a pre-evo called Espurr. All the descriptions on both sets were wrong as none said Meowstic was two different Pokemon with the same name.

Inkay and Malamar's Evolution method may not be real either. We only know that Pancham is supposed to have a special evolutionary method, but there is always a chance that it is not what the rumors said they are.

Rumors are simply that, rumors. A good portion of the time they are false. Until they are proven true by an official source they are all treated as false.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Because they learnt their lesson, which I mentioned earlier -- the 'the four legged Riolu' incident, as well as Bianca as being the Champion of BW1.

It's obvious that Serebii is waiting for official words before posting it, which is absolutely the right thing to do.
    Don't forget the ugly Flower owl every single one of the fansites posted...I just wish the others wouldn't be too quick to jump on a list of rumors even if a few on the list are true...

Years
  • Because they learnt their lesson, which I mentioned earlier -- the 'the four legged Riolu' incident, as well as Bianca as being the Champion of BW1.

I have to admit that rumor of Bianca being the Unova Champion in Black and White was an interesting one indeed. It was even mentioned on Pokemon Black and White's TV Tropes page as an "Urban Legend of Zelda" trope.

But yeah I do sorta agree with you, sometimes Serebii just wants to wait for the official information before sharing it. As you know, they are one of the most followed sites for Pokemon news worldwide.

Years
  • I have to admit that rumor of Bianca being the Unova Champion in Black and White was an interesting one indeed. It was even mentioned on Pokemon Black and White's TV Tropes page as an "Urban Legend of Zelda" trope.

But yeah I do sorta agree with you, sometimes Serebii just wants to wait for the official information before sharing it. As you know, they are one of the most followed sites for Pokemon news worldwide.
    I sure hope one of the rivals is the champion...we haven't had another one since Green/Blue :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have to admit that rumor of Bianca being the Unova Champion in Black and White was an interesting one indeed. It was even mentioned on Pokemon Black and White's TV Tropes page as an "Urban Legend of Zelda" trope.

Hmm... If one would like to create a trust worthy fan source site, the way to keep it is sealed those rumors away. Bad rumors could damage a site's reputation, you can see people hating on PokeBeach and PokeJungle. Lol

I sure hope one of the rivals is the champion...we haven't had another one since Green/Blue :(

I would like all rivals to rotate the title of Champion post-game, it will bring a new experience as well as having the thoughts of like "Who am I going to face this time?", "Is my party well contructed?", "Are we ready for this?"

Years
  • Hmm... If one would like to create a trust worthy fan source site, the way to keep it is sealed those rumors away. Bad rumors could damage a site's reputation, you can see people hating on PokeBeach and PokeJungle. Lol

I would like all rivals to rotate the title of Champion post-game, it will bring a new experience as well as having the thoughts of like "Who am I going to face this time?", "Is my party well contructed?", "Are we ready for this?"
    Maybe they could have us pick different options, or take different routes in the game...in the end these routes could determine who we'll fight in the league :3.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • But yeah I do sorta agree with you, sometimes Serebii just wants to wait for the official information before sharing it. As you know, they are one of the most followed sites for Pokemon news worldwide.
    Not necessarily wants to wait, but has to as well, potentially. If he has insider information he's under the same bounds as other reviewers - he can't speak about them until he's allowed to, or the games come out.

Years
  • so much fakes spreading around that we might actually miss a real leak...
    I know...I imagine even more will pop up tomorrow...
    Well 12 days to go until the release of the games (except for those of us in the central, west coast, Alaska, and Hawaii time zones)...so expect a lot more of these fakes...maybe some will be more elaborate...

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    so much fakes spreading around that we might actually miss a real leak...

Don't worry, sweet thing! Games are gonna release for less than 15 days.
    So those leaks real or not, are not the important now. ^^

Now that I think of it, I joined the discussion late. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    I for once really hope Greninja is fake. I mean common sense, look at it. Apart from having that disgusting tongue around, it looks smaller in appearance. There was considerable difference between the size of Froakie and Frogadier. I don't see that now. The ears are completely off. Going by the way Foakie developed into Frogadier, the bubbles have to..simply HAVE TO be a part of its final evolution. Where did they suddenly vanish? Also Frogadier is taken from "Frog" and "Brigadier" which means a superior military rank. Apart from the fact that it is ugly and doesn't come close to a "frog' (i mean that looks like a latios head with blue colored mewtwo's torso in a sitting position), it doesn't justify the "military rank" part at all. A Brigadier cannot turn into a ninja all of a sudden ha ha. And the bubbles?
    P.S : If..a BIG IF that turns out to be real, the outrage from pokemon fans around the world for that tongue and its design will be difficult to contain. Will be a big disappointment.
    Didn't the guy who leaked this pic say that he made it & put it on a SD card in the 3DS or something? or was it my hallucination? or a dream i had last night?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    I for once really hope Greninja is fake. I mean common sense, look at it. Apart from having that disgusting tongue around, it looks smaller in appearance. There was considerable difference between the size of Froakie and Frogadier. I don't see that now. The ears are completely off. Going by the way Foakie developed into Frogadier, the bubbles have to..simply HAVE TO be a part of its final evolution. Where did they suddenly vanish? Also Frogadier is taken from "Frog" and "Brigadier" which means a superior military rank. Apart from the fact that it is ugly and doesn't come close to a "frog' (i mean that looks like a latios head with blue colored mewtwo's torso in a sitting position), it doesn't justify the "military rank" part at all. A Brigadier cannot turn into a ninja all of a sudden ha ha. And the bubbles?
    P.S : If..a BIG IF that turns out to be real, the outrage from pokemon fans around the world for that tongue and its design will be difficult to contain. Will be a big disappointment.
    Didn't the guy who leaked this pic say that he made it & put it on a SD card in the 3DS or something? or was it my hallucination? or a dream i had last night?

that one should be pretty much fake-mon esque. only hawlucha seems the most legit of the "leaks" as it has been unveiled by a few sources

Years
  • I for once really hope Greninja is fake. I mean common sense, look at it. Apart from having that disgusting tongue around, it looks smaller in appearance. There was considerable difference between the size of Froakie and Frogadier. I don't see that now. The ears are completely off. Going by the way Foakie developed into Frogadier, the bubbles have to..simply HAVE TO be a part of its final evolution. Where did they suddenly vanish? Also Frogadier is taken from "Frog" and "Brigadier" which means a superior military rank. Apart from the fact that it is ugly and doesn't come close to a "frog' (i mean that looks like a latios head with blue colored mewtwo's torso in a sitting position), it doesn't justify the "military rank" part at all. A Brigadier cannot turn into a ninja all of a sudden ha ha. And the bubbles?
    Someone did in fact say it's fake.

Well the 'Brigadier' turning into a 'Ninja' doesn't mean much...Totodile's line goes from the first have crocodile in their name's origins while the last has alligator...so it's not that big...besides Ninja was sort of a rank in Japan...some say a samurai without a master...

I do agree it's ugly...and hopefully it's fake. I do believe it's final evolution's true name will be based on the word ninja though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    Ninja - a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations. Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat. They(samurai) followed the rules.
    Samurai is almost same as a Brigadier. A military rank. We can see that Frogadier becoming a Greninja will be completely opposite. Brigadiers have different rules, different set-ups , mind sets and look completely different. Also Brigadiers are very modern compared to Ninjas who don't exist now. Would have made more sense if Greninja evolved into Frogadier. To be really honest, Frogadier evolving to Gallantoad makes more sense than this. It also had the bubbles.
    2 Things -
    1. The Leaker is so dumb that he din't see this and just made an evolution(fake) having "ninja" in its name without actually understanding its meaning.
    2. Frogadier evolves into a Greninja because it has lost its mind.

Years
  • Ninja - a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations. Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat. They(samurai) followed the rules.
    Samurai is almost same as a Brigadier. A military rank. We can see that Frogadier becoming a Greninja will be completely opposite. Brigadiers have different rules, different set-ups , mind sets and look completely different. Also Brigadiers are very modern compared to Ninjas who don't exist now. Would have made more sense if Greninja evolved into Frogadier. To be really honest, Frogadier evolving to Gallantoad makes more sense than this. It also had the bubbles.
    2 Things -
    1. The Leaker is so dumb that he din't see this and just made an evolution(fake) having "ninja" in its name without actually understanding its meaning.
    Even if froakie evolve into the opposite of ninja, if you get to watch him in the XY anime trailers you will see that his fighting style very similiar to ninja's.

Last edited:

Years
  • Ninja - a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations. Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat. They(samurai) followed the rules.
    2 Things -
    Also note that some Pokémon go from modern to ancient in terms of species they're based off...Swinub for example get's it's name from swine which are still alive, but they evolve in the Swine's (second (?)) cousin...the mammoth.

Last edited:
    Back