• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Zero Dilemma [dltms0 - June Edition]

Years

Isn't far right nationalism growing everywhere? From the US to Europe to Asia?

Though ironically you can still blame Bush for everything for blowing up the Middle East and accelerating the refugee crisis

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
    2016 Q4 DLTMS0's really fluctuating on post quality.

Set a good example and make the posts consistently shit, please. People don't like dynamics.

Oh, and finally reached Diamond is Unbreakable as of a few days ago. I'm liking it, but I do have to say that even with the references and like I'm still thinking- which I thought from the moment that I started seriously watching the show- why it's so popular in the West. I'm not really saying that it's undeserved but looking at Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency specifically it's kind of a wonder to me that the general whoever can get into it, largely due to the tropes that appear early on being very of the era, even completely unironically.

Hell, that the show even gained meme status seems pretty odd to me in most cases. Cherries, the world, and out-of-context aside. But eh, either way, it's been pretty fun up to this point.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

I finished Battle Tendency just tonight, and I can agree that the silly 80s shounen manga hijinks come with a fair degree of wonkiness.

Definitely the kind you can make enjoyable, though. Just not enough so that the first two series on their own give off any masterpiece vibes.

Years

Part 2 is a masterpiece, even preferred that in anime form. Gayest part of the series that doesn't involve a priest. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I think part 3 is where reddit got over the art style and it became their flavour of the month.

Years

I think it was more the 2 meter tall musclebound teenagers putting people off as opposed to what the anime staff were doing.

Part 3 is also has a fairly standard batoru shounen setup, complete with 'cool' protagonist, which probably helped too.

Back