• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These Leakers are getting ridiculous

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    The Game is due next week and leakers somehow got their hands on the game, and what do they do? leak information of course! i never saw any of them because i still want the game and i want to go in unspoiled. come on, this isn't fair to you, to me or anybody.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • Who cares. No one complained like this when JPN and international releases were months apart. Simultaneous international release was only a thing since X&Y. No one complains when sites like Serebii have frequently broken street date getting "early" copies a few days early. It's not the end of the world.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    The Game is due next week and leakers somehow got their hands on the game, and what do they do? leak information of course! i never saw any of them because i still want the game and i want to go in unspoiled. come on, this isn't fair to you, to me or anybody.

no one is forcing you to look matey!

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    no one is forcing you to look matey!

This is debatable, when everyone is putting leaks on the thumbnails/titles of videos in YT and FB it's kind of impossible to avoid some spoilers whether you want to see them or not.
    This is not the leakers fault however, but people blatantly posting spoilers without warnings.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • That is the way of the world. Hell people leak entire scripts of movies and shows. Games are no different.

We warned people 2 or 3 weeks ago to avoid pokemon related stuff. That is the way of the internet. You have to learn to avoid stuff.

And most people don't even care. If you really don't want to be spoiled, stay of the internet or pokemon related stuff.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • It really annoys me too, just like how much of the game got leaked through the Demo datamine as well, but really it wouldn't be bad if everyone and their mothers on Youtube, Tumblr and Facebook posted these spoilers everywhere. Really, though all I really don't want to see are story spoilers, but it did upset me to know all of the Alola forms and Pokemon before hand (even if it's mostly TPCi's fault for showing like 90% of the dex beforehand)

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm honestly surprised at the comments of this thread. These leaks aren't just bad because they're telling us EVERYTHING, but because they're literally illegal. The street date shouldn't have been broken in the first place, and the ROM should've never been leaked either. All these leaks are just straight-up disrespectful to the devs and creators.

Not to mention, anyone who wants to avoid leaks is gonna have a super hard time doing so. Completely abondoning the internet for ten days is easier said than done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    If you want to avoid spoilrs, don't use the internet. This is mostly data put out there by the game, it's hardly Wikileaks.

Years
  • If you don't like them leaking stuff about Pokemon sun and moon just ignore it And do something else with your time.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    These leaks aren't just bad because they're telling us EVERYTHING, but because they're literally illegal.

Serebii had this take earlier this morning and I just laughed. Part of me thinks he isn't pissed because it's illegal, but because he can't report on it without his site being taken down. So he suddenly isn't the go-to source for Pokemon news.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The thing that surprises me the most is how early the leaker has managed to gain access to the game. I was half expecting Sun & Moon to get leaked at some stage, but I would have never thought it to be 11 days before the official release. I guess it is to be expected at this stage, but I'll admit I feel bad for Game Freak right now.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    The thing that surprises me the most is how early the leaker has managed to gain access to the game. I was half expecting Sun & Moon to get leaked at some stage, but I would have never thought it to be 11 days before the official release. I guess it is to be expected at this stage, but I'll admit I feel bad for Game Freak right now.

how did he managed to get game early anyways?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Serebii had this take earlier this morning and I just laughed. Part of me thinks he isn't pissed because it's illegal, but because he can't report on it without his site being taken down. So he suddenly isn't the go-to source for Pokemon news.
    Except it is illegal. The last time a store broke a Pokémon game's street date they got into some serious legal issues.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2022
    how did he managed to get game early anyways?

He didn't say that I saw, but most stores in the USA already have the game because they receive it early to insure they have it at launch but legally they aren't aloud to sell them. More then likely he owns some small town game store or knows someone who does or played more for someone to risk selling it to him early. I remember back when my Wal-Mart didn't care about this (small town) and I got to play Gold and Silver 3 days before release.

Anyway if you don't like leaks don't look at them. It is illegal to post them but sadly it almost happens with every big name game. Nintendo is probably upset but they probably knew it would happen. I don't mind people posting leaks but I hate when people put them in YouTube thumbnails or post without spoiling or warning they are doing so because now I sadly have seen something's I didn't want to see.

Except it is illegal. The last time a store broke a Pokémon game's street date they got into some serious legal issues.

Also true I'm sure they are doing everything in there power to find the store that broke the law in gave it to the leaker, also they are looking for who ever uploaded the way to play the digital release early. I do feel bad for everyone who made the game possible today because it can't be a good day for them.

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I agree that it's difficult to avoid spoilers. That said, it's pretty easy to avoid if you try to avoid places where spoilers are common.

strawberry

fairy-type
    Years
  • i actually kind of understand where you're coming from... i wanted the game to be unspoiled too, but honestly my expectations weren't that high. this isn't anything new for fans, and the game isn't at all ruined.

it sucks and all, but it's not a huge deal. if we're gonna feel sorry for anyone then it should really be gamefreak.

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    Ugh, indeed. Honestly, can´t a person wait just 10 days? I mean, everyone is waiting for months!

"So don´t look at them, duh." Easier said than done... You can´t visit lots of your fave sites without being spoiled and people thinking they are right for playing before everyone.

I don´t mind being spoiled with types, names and location names, but some people are going far enough to reveal the Ultra Beasts secrets. Geez...

Back