• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They NEED to make another game...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What games would you like to see sequels for?

Personally, I'd love to see a sequel to Dante's Inferno or Vanquish for the Xbox 360. Both of those were top notch under the radar games, but unfortunately due to poor sales for both of them I don't believe that there will be a sequel in the near future.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd really like to see a sequel to F-Zero GX. I'm a huge fan of the series, and was just extremely disappointed to see them drop it like that. :( They could make this game available to either 3DS or Wii U; I'd be fine with either. Would be even better if it were available to both, haha. Aside from that, a Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask sequel would be pretty cool, too, as well as Metroid Prime.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    A proper sequel to the Devil May Cry franchise with next gen graphics and story and gameplay like dmc3. I. WANT.

Sadly, DmC Devil May Cry sold way below what capcom expected. Doubt the franchise will get any sequels for a while.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I'd really like to see a sequel to F-Zero GX. I'm a huge fan of the series, and was just extremely disappointed to see them drop it like that. :( They could make this game available to either 3DS or Wii U; I'd be fine with either. Would be even better if it were available to both, haha. Aside from that, a Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask sequel would be pretty cool, too, as well as Metroid Prime.

That reminded me of this fake E3 trailer that was floating around in 2012 for a remake of Majora's Mask (I'll put a link to it below). Could technically be possible considering they did do a remake of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS and dabbled back in the Link to the Past universe, so fingers crossed.

Spoiler:

Also there's an article floating around saying that Retro studios, the people behind Metroid Prime, are working on a new Metroid game now being done with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, so fingers again crossed for that as well.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...-a-powerhouse-confirms-new-game/1100-6418032/
    A proper sequel to the Devil May Cry franchise with next gen graphics and story and gameplay like dmc3. I. WANT.

Sadly, DmC Devil May Cry sold way below what capcom expected. Doubt the franchise will get any sequels for a while.

Here's your answer:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015/1100-6378261/

Guess you don't have to wait as long as you might have thought, eh? (; I don't exactly know if it will live up to your expectations, but at least you can rest easy knowing that they'll be at least coming out with a new Devil May Cry in the future.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'd love it if it happens. But that statement was made before DmC was released. Quite a lot was riding on reception of the reboot - including the future of the series. Doubt capcom, being the money hungry guys they are, will make anything for a long time. But if they do, I'll be on cloud nine.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    A sequel to HL2

I think a sequel to Eternal Sonata would be cool, I found the game fun (still haven't finished it). Also, a sequel to Tales of Vesperia would be fun, but I haven't finished the first one, so I'm not sure if the ending left room for a sequel ><

Years
    A sequel to HL2

I think a sequel to Eternal Sonata would be cool, I found the game fun (still haven't finished it). Also, a sequel to Tales of Vesperia would be fun, but I haven't finished the first one, so I'm not sure if the ending left room for a sequel ><

Oh~ Someone who has also played Eternal Sonata and enjoyed it :D That was one of the first games I got for the PS3 because one of my friends had it for the 360 and I found it quite enjoyable! So I second that, though I doubt it's a possibility \: Not sure how well received it was in North America, but amongst people I haven't found many who have played or even heard of the game unfortunately.

I'm on the fence about wanting a TLOU sequel. Only reason I would want a sequel is because of the story and game mechanics, which I found to be the most positive elements of the game. At the same time though, I found the ending relatively satisfying...

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The World Ends with You was an amazing game and it deserves a sequel. Hopefully on 3DS.

Another game that deserves a sequel is L.A. Noire. I've always loved the mystery genre and that game was slow, but still a blast to play through. Even with the interrogations. I sucked at those lol.

Also, Red Dead Redemption getting a sequel would be fantastic. Hopefully it'll get a release on PC this time, it would be amazing to play with mods.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Another game that deserves a sequel is L.A. Noire. I've always loved the mystery genre and that game was slow, but still a blast to play through. Even with the interrogations. I sucked at those lol.

Also, Red Dead Redemption getting a sequel would be fantastic. Hopefully it'll get a release on PC this time, it would be amazing to play with mods.
    I would be shocked if Rockstar doesn't make a sequel to either of those games. Both did exceptionally well sales wise so it wouldn't make sense to pass up on an opportunity to cash on more $$$. I was doing a little reading and there's speculation that the newest title by Rockstar is either going to be a new Red Dead Redemption or Bully 2. Either one I would be more than pleased with, but if they did come out it would most likely be at the end of this year or 2015.

I am curious though how a sequel to L.A. Noire would plan out. I won't go into the ending of that game, but it was definitely an ending in which the story seemed closed and shut. If they did make a new one they would probably find a new area and a new character in which to loosely structure the game mechanics of L.A. Noire into. That game was fun as knobs though; still working on perfecting that game, as the only achievement I have left is to collect every single vehicle in the game... D:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Looks like somebody beat me to it but it can't be overstated how much The World Ends With You really needs a sequel. It was a great game, I loved the gameplay mechanics, and I really think the story is open to a sequel or perhaps even a whole franchise.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Looks like somebody beat me to it but it can't be overstated how much The World Ends With You really needs a sequel. It was a great game, I loved the gameplay mechanics, and I really think the story is open to a sequel or perhaps even a whole franchise.

I've actually never heard of that game before, what's it about?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Aw hell, totally forgot about Bully. After the job Rockstar did with GTAV, a new Bully would be fantastic.

The sequel to L.A. Noire probably wouldn't be a direct sequel, I guess, it would probably be shifted to some other city like New York or something, but work with the same mechanics.

And really, Square Enix. TWEWY. It's perfectly set up for a sequel.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    Sequel to Descent: Freespace 2. Unofficially, there's already a campaign mod that acts as a sequel to it, but not an official one.

In addition, Descent 4 and a Freelancer sequel comes to mind. But then again, space-sim games do tend to be underrated and yet there are a lot of optimistic reviews about these games...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll be waiting for Jak 4. We got a Sly 4, surely Jak 4 could happen.
    There was gonna be a dark and realistic Jak 4 before The Last of Us happened, but uh, yeah, trust me when I say you wouldn't want it.
    https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689329
    https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462107

Anyway, where's my damn Elite Beat Agents 2??? The original is the best DS game since 2006, absolute crime there wasn't any sequel. Well there are the Ouendan games actually which are also really good but I like the western charm of EBA.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There was gonna be a dark and realistic Jak 4 before The Last of Us happened, but uh, yeah, trust me when I say you wouldn't want it.

Yeah, I read about that. I'll still wait it out for Jak 4. :( Not gonna call it a lost cause. I might call it a lost frontier though. That wasn't funny.

Back