• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things the writers have done in the anime which have annoyed you

Years
  • Guys, ever had that moment where you wanted "that thing" to happen only to discover the writers ruined it for you?

I remember wanting Hilda be the new girl Ash travels with in Unova only to discover they chose Iris due to her age similarity with Ash.

And I hated it when Ash's Water starters never evolved, it sucks.

Not to forget Ash's Fire starters getting too much focus in most regions, it made his Grass and Water starters stale.

Getting rid of Ambipom really ruined me, then they go and replace it with Togekiss.

Also, I had a vision of Oshawott being Ash's main Unova starter but then they went ahead and revealed Tepig was evolving first and that annoyed me cos that means they're focusing on Fire starters again. Ash needs an evolving Water starter soon (if Oshawott doesn't evolve they might give him an evolved Water starter in 6th Gen).

And not to forget having some main character not having many evolutions on their team. Ash's Johto team and Dawn's team were notable cases (Dawn should have evolved Piplup and Buneary).

Here's my thoughts on what I didn't like:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Comment on yours atm, will add my own later. Not sure how some of the selections really go along with the topic though.

Spoiler:

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
  • we have had a Thread Index of the Episode listing in Episode Discussion forever...

I get that. Most places seem to use the Bulbapedia episode codes which go from BW022 (A Venipede Stampede!) to BW023 (Battling For The Love of Bug-Types!), ignoring the skipped episodes.

But other places wrongly call BW023 "episode 25" due to the two skipped episodes before it, meaning everything's a bit askew from then onwards.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Ash never taking any of his old Pokemon, besides Pikachu, to a new region since the Johto series ended.
    Brock being boring in the D/P saga.
    Dawn dumping her Ambipom.
    Ash's Bayleef, Totodile, Gible, Corphish, and Buizel never evolving.
    Brock's Marshtomp and Croagunk never evolving.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    Their method of dump & replace, not giving characters enough focus, dropping the GS ball, releasing Pidgeot... and making Ash clueless all the time looking at the pokedex on pokemon he's already seen on it lol.

Years
  • i dont like how jessie from team rocket lost Arbok,Weezing, and Lickitung and the way they had to leave behind Seviper and Yanmega, to me, was rude i mean i understand the whole 'undercover' junk but i still think it was mean leaving them behind like that as for losing Dustox i didn't like that part ether i love the show but i hate heartfelt goodbyes like that with JessieXDustox, AshXButterfree, and almost with AshXPikachu TT_TT i cry every time i see these! i dont remember any other things i dont like that the writers have done in the anime which have annoyed me ,that havet been said already ^^||, but when i do remember i'll post it ok

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I didn't like it when Ash's Water Pokemon never got to evolve except for Krabby/Kingler. I would've liked it if Buizel or Corphish got to evolve during their respective sagas.

Years
  • It was a little depressing that Ash recieved the first few fire starters from precariously dangerous situations. Two of them weren't originally his, and he just kinda...saved them from abuse.

Guest123_x1

A number of things with the anime have annoyed me:
    *The fact that Ash's Pikachu and Bulbasaur refuse(d) to evolve.
    *The fact that Ash is always 10 years old every time he travels to a new region, and that his skills along with that are reset so that he loses particularly easy battles.
    *Their replacing the female traveling companion every time he goes to a new region.
    *The GS Ball fiasco.
    *No clear indication if Ash will ever become a Pokémon Master (as his skills are reset every time he goes to a new region).

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    No one ages

I kind of wish Ash didn't get all the starters. I understand if they're so marketable, but I think it would be fantastic if the main characters didn't have some starter. It's annoyed me, but it won't change I'm sure.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    First of, we have Ash's current team. I mean, the rotational team seems confusing even though I haven't watched a single episode of B/W yet.

Now, we have Iris and Cilan. I wasn't satisfied with both of them, I know the writers wanted a "fresh start" but it didn't have to be that similar to the original series. Meh.

His Pikachu becomes weaker every region; there's actually more but meh

Years
  • Personally, the only thing I didn't really like was how Ash got all three starters in the B/W saga; was hoping they'd only give him one. It's not too big a deal but just something I think I'd prefer over the former.

Back