• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you only recently found out.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Yes, Bronzong is a physical attacker. It's got 89 base attack, which is 10 more than it's special. I also was assuming it's offences were like 70 or 60 points.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
    That Shiny Tranquil is the only green Shiny that has a shade of green that looks good to me.

And that the Shiny Chance is rolled three time at a 70+ chain in SOS chains instead of 30+ chains like I initially thought.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I wasn't aware that Celesteela was quite tanky but now I'm intrigued enough to throw together a Trick Room team!

Years
    I wasn't aware of Umbreon's high defense stats until using it in Moon - probably because I'd never used one before.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    In several weeks ago, I started to realize how useful Noble Roar can be, even though I shake it off before due to being status moves.

TOM The Amazing Tyranitar

"I am the mighty Tyranitar"
    Years
    I can't breed the same two, genderless Pokémon in the Daycare to do the Masuda method. For instance, putting a Solrock with another Solrock from a different country. At least I have a Ditto for that.

Also, my Hitmonlee's Nature is Calm. Its Special Defense stat is very high.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    yo Kartana's tiny

Height: 1ft
    Weight: 0.2 lbs

I had thought it was like human sized....

PageEmp

Years
    I dunno if this counts but I heard many people thought it's not possible to get Larvitar before post game in HGSS but you can, it's in one of the safei zone areas(forgot which one, but I do know it is accesible before you complete the league). I actually managed to get one in my first HG nuzrun but didn't use it as I already had a strong team by then.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
    I realized that the number of red feathers (on each sides) a generic Ho-Oh has varies between games and artworks.

In Ken Sugimori Art, it has 12.
    In Dream World Art, it has 11.
    In 2nd Gen, it has 8.
    In 3rd Gen, it has 10.
    In DPPt, it has 10.
    In HGSS, it has 14.
    In 5th Gen, it has 13.
    In 6th Gen onward, it has 10.

Yes I'm bored.

PageEmp

Years
    I never could have realised how obese most of the 'big' Ultra Beasts are. There is 999kg Celesteela, 888kg Guzzlord, and uh, 100kg Xurkitree, which while isn't too massive compared to the other 2 I meantioned I was kind of expecting to weigh as much as an adult person.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It took me until a couple of years ago to realise I'd always misinterpreted Hariyama's sprite. I saw the torso section as a huge, pointed chin, with its actual chin as the mouth. It wasn't until TPP started playing Pokémon Battle Revolution and I saw its 3D model that I realised what it really looked like!

Years
    I literally just found out this.

I'm in the battle tower and apparently fire is not super effective to fairy, but it does resist fairy.

The more you know...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Yamask evolves into Cofagrigus... I literally found this out through a Youtube video but I honestly can't believe it. It, it makes no sense? I've never been this confused and caught off by an evolution, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me this is a lie.. I've been so distraught since I found out about this omg.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Did you believe that Yamask didn't evolve originally?
    Indeed! And in all my runs of Black I never bothered to train a Yamask so I never found out. I need to see this for myself though, it still sounds absolutely fake.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    It's true. :c

I personally don't have an issue with Cofagrigus. I think it's a decent 'mon but I can see where Yamask evolving would catch people off-guard!

I meant seeing for myself in the game haha; I checked Serebii directly after finding out. ;) I feel it makes little sense, can't really imagine how Yamask's body transforms into a coffin. Then again, this is Pokémon...

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
    I have been playing pokemon for about ten years now, but it was only recently that I found out that ice is not super effective on the rock type!

Back