• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you only recently found out.

Years
  • Simple, is there anything in the Pokemon media that you only discovered recently or didn't know about until now? Remember that this thread applies to any kind of Pokemon media, such as the games, manga and anime.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I only recently found out from playing through Moon that Fairy moves are super effective against Fighting-types. That new feature of moves being super effcetive/not very effective really helped me understand the new type chart change that was introduced in XY.

Years
  • I don't really remember one, but I guess it's QR scanning a Pokemon in Sun & Moon counts it as seen in the Pokedex, even for alternate forms or shinies you haven't encountered yet.

Sirfetch’d

Yo it blew my Fucking Mind when I realized that Alolan Exeggutor was an easter egg in ORAS recently

Years
  • Speaking of shinies as mentioned above... realizing just how many Pokemon have shinies that barely change colour from their normal version.

Alexherobrine45

MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2018
    Petilil and Lilligant have a 100% chance of being female. I did know this before, back in Gen 5, but sorta forgot until recently when I caught one in Moon and was going to nickname her Bulbie after the username of one of my friends.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • This was before I got the game myself but for the longest time I thought the S.O.S battles in Sun and Moon meant that the pokemon calls the player to help it out.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Things you only recently found out.

For years I thought that thing on the table was a rock (like a Moon Stone or some other rare rock on display). I only noticed yesterday while messing with tiles that it's an Arcanine statue.

Years
  • I recently found out that Magearna can't learn Toxic, which is weird since it's one of the so-called "universal" TMs that can be learned by pretty much any Pokemon capable of learning a TM.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    In order to evolve Pokemon who only evolve at night, you need to wait until 9 PM and not 6 PM, at least in the newer generations.

Because of that I got my Alolan Marowak when it reached level 60. {XD}

Owlet

Look for hope, it's searching for you.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    The really specific way to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, Glaceon and Leafeon in Sun/Moon (I actually had to look it up).

Years
  • Purrloin is actually bipedal. I'm use to the gen 5 sprite where it's sitting, but I randomly came across it's 3D model and it weirded me out a bit. {XD}

The thing to know, is that it was actually the anime that showed Purrloin was able to stand on two feet. Purrloin had appeared in the anime a few times and it was shown being able to stand on either two or four feet.

All its official art has shown it mainly standing on four feet.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • What I thought was Turtonator's noot noot mouth is actually his nose while the zig zag under his nose is his mouth.

Back