• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I got X a little over a week ago (still feel like Ash, waking up late after everyone already got their Pokemon), and I've been having fun with it, but I can't help think about things I'd like in the next installment. So I figured I'd make a thread to talk about things we'd like to see in future games.

Let me take off my hat/bag. Please. not every outfit looks good with a bag or hat.

Let me organize my Friend Safari. I don't know if maybe it's in the game already but I'm just missing it, but you can get a lot of friends. I'd like to be able to sort them by type.

Better customization. That's not saying much, everyone wants that, but for me specifically, I'd like to be able to unlock "colors" that I could apply to different aspects of clothing. It sucks only being able to weat a Pink or Black Logo hat, I want a Red one, or a Blue one, or a Purple one, or be able to have a Red and Purple one (with the back purple and the front Red).

PC placement after catching a Pokemon. I'd very much like to capture a Pokemon and assign it a box before it goes into the PC. I do things like have a "Kalos" box or a "Kanto" box and whatnot. And then I have to go back and reorganize the boxes cause the new Pokemon went to the last box I worked on regardless of the fact that I know I don't want it in that one.

No "do you want to battle" messages. One of the things that got on my nerves was getting ready to fight my Rival or the bad guy, and them asking me if I want to battle instead of forcing it. I liked the unexpectedness of being able to be thrown into a battle at any moment from past games.

Relevant "Rivals". Shauna and Calem/Serena are the only ones really relevant. The other two didn't do anything even remotely meaningful or cool, they were just there.

More Aggressive Rivals. One of the things I liked about early games is the actual antagonist aspect of a Rival. You get fired up after you beat your rival and he tells you that you suck anyway, it's not as fun when they're like "Oh, your so much better than me". My Ideal rival system would be three or four that are serious about battling, but go about it in different ways, so you have (for example) the Jerk trainer, the surprisingly strong trainer who emphasizes on pretty pokemon, the strongest one who is kind to their Pokemon (Champion?). I'd also like to see one of these Rivals join the evil Team of that game.

Other Rivals. In the Anime, Ash would have his one Rival, but then there would be a handful of others that he'd run across through his travel, which he would meet again at later towns and events for battles. I'd like some of that. Let me meet up with a special Youngster who keeps popping up again with a stronger each time, swearing he'll beat me one day. I think this could really make the player feel a part of the world much more so than before.

New Pokeballs. Just bring back all the old ones, and give us some more. I'd like Pokeballs dedicated to different types and appearances, and even Pokeballs dedicated to different organizations in the games. I would rock a Team Rocket ball any day. Maybe even varying sizes on Pokeballs? Not by much, but have some that are noticably smaller or larger than others?

More Post-Game exploration. There was only Kiloude town and... that's all? Nothing else in the region was really locked off before you beat the elite 4 (save a restaurant, Looker stuff, the last room of a cave and the one-room Mewtwo cave).

Event Pokemon. This is something I've always wanted, but I want to go to a town and have someone tell me there's a Pancham destroying stuff throwing a tantrum and I have to go calm it down (which I can then catch). Things like that to make me feel more connected to the world and immersed in it. It's happened once or twice before, but I'd like to see at least two in a game.

Trainer models. This one is less of an issue, but it really bugged me throughout the whole game. You, your rivals, the Professor, and Team Flair are the only ones with 3d models, everyone else is just a picture. This really seems inconsistent, and I'd like to see actual Models for them all, maybe with different loss animations each time for the generic trainers (so I can't tell it's the same one over and over). At least for the Leaders and the E4 members.

Legendary Pokemon doing Legendary stuff. The only time this has really happened is with RSE and I think B2W2 (I haven't played that one, but I think Kyurem freezes half the region). I wanna see Legendaries doing some truly epic stuff before I catch them. I guess the stuff in the 4th Gen was sorta larg scale, but it didn't affect the region. Even just seeing Legendaries fight would be cool.

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    If they do decide to make "Pokemon Z" next then there's a few things I want.

More detailed trainer customization: Just minor things like facial features and more skin tones would be appreciated.

New Zygarde Form: This is most likely gonna happen but I just really want it.

Involvement with more Gym leaders: The only Gym leader that had any involvement in the story was Korrina so I hope next game the other Gym Leaders have some of the spotlight too.

Challenge Mode: Pokemon X and Y are easy games so an added difficulty would be nice.

Upgrade Pokemon Amie: I had my doubts with Pokemon Amie but now I see its potential. They should upgrade it to the point where all of your party pokemon can be integrated into pokemon amie at ones. It would look similar to Mii's but with Pokemon. Also the decorations should actually affect what pokemon amie looks like. Finally more mini games should be added, sorta like Pokemon Stadium Mini games if anyone remembers those.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    No more HM's. Enough already.
    Everyone's saying that one. Maybe one use items that serve HM's? Like you could buy axe's from the store, and each axe cuts one tree, or a Surf Board like you get a Bike. Things like that.

Of course, simply making them removable easily could help a lot.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    inb4MewtwoniteZ lololol

Idk, I'm just looking for a more extensive story line and hopefully that extends to the post game. I wouldn't mind some more mega evolutions either tbh.

Outlier

Everyone's saying that one. Maybe one use items that serve HM's? Like you could buy axe's from the store, and each axe cuts one tree, or a Surf Board like you get a Bike. Things like that.

Of course, simply making them removable easily could help a lot.

No just a permanent key item or something that won't take up a move slot. No HM's or TM's it's getting tiresome now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    I really like the suggestions made so far, especially in regards to our "rivals" - who are far too likeable and there really is no joy after beating them. Another small nitpick I have is with the visuals during nighttime, which seem to actually get lighter once the clock hits 9pm. The battle scenes look great at night, but I would like to see the environments a little darker during those later hours.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Yeah, I noticed the "bright at night" thing too. I actually thought I accidentally mis-set my clock at the beginning cause it was never dark out.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    The lack of things to do after the main story was...disheartening. I suppose you can...do the Battle Maison and...chain for shinies? I don't know.

Years
  • No just a permanent key item or something that won't take up a move slot. No HM's or TM's it's getting tiresome now.

I've always said that they could fix this one or two ways and still have HMS a item that the character needs to find to progress.

1. ( I wish they would do this one sooo bad ) be able to use him moves if you have a pkmn in box that knows it ... I mean before anyone sais that is ridicolous, look at an important counter point, you have always been able to send pokemon from the wild to a PC box after capture... what's so hard about calling one in to do some in field tree cutting.

Or

2. Give each pokemon 4 move slots like always and a out of battle skill slot. I wouldn't mind having each pkmn know a different hm if I could keep 4 moves on them in battle.
    I mean of course everyone wants a chestnaught with cut and strength
    Or or a modest noivern with fly...
    I have to plan a team I don't really wanna raise to go through the story with around my HMS
    Or either plan on an hm slave.
    Even worse, okay I have a modest water type, I don't mind teaching him surf. Wait but I got to have a water type learn waterfall which is a physical attack move. So I gotta teach my modest water type an attack that don't even benefit it each time I want to go up a waterfall, then fly on my timid sigilyph to a move deleter before I go further in the story. Or I got to have two water types in my team? Or deposit and pick one up after or before I go to scale a waterfall?

The HM system is broken... I wonder how long it will take them to realize this

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Here's my list:

• More Mega Evolutions, specifically the other starters, Darkrai, and Dunsparce.
    • Zygarde getting new forms/Mega Zygarde X/Mega Zygarde Y (this will most likely happen, as Zygarde kinda sucks right now, like Kyurem before B2W2)
    • HMs being optional like in BW, only being needed if you want to go out of your way to find stuff. Or make them able to be removed without the Move Deleter.
    • More involved rivals. The main one who tagged along was Serena/Calem, and even then, they weren't too involved. The others were just... there.
    • Strengthen the Elite Four after beating the game. Seriously, why didn't they do that this time?
    • Don't stack the evil team's boss battles so close together. Some 30 minutes after beating Lysandre, I'm thrown right back into another battle with him. xD
    • New Poke Balls. We haven't had any new ones since D/P/Pt, I believe. How about something like an Egg Ball (best used on Pokemon of the same egg group as your lead) or a Synergy Ball (best used on Pokemon of the same type as your lead)?
    • A richer, deeper story, like that in BW. Don't get me wrong, XY's story was pretty good and sort of feels-y, but I went and bought Black version after I beat White just so I could play through the story again.
    • More post-game stuff. In BW, we got to explore the right side of Unova and challenge the Elite Four/Champion for real. Other games in the series had a pretty good chunk of post-game, why not this one?
    • This is just a minor nitpick, but I wish it would look darker during night time. Most of the time, I can never tell it's dark unless I can see the light on my bicycle. If we could see the sky more often, it'd be nicer.
    • A little bit more customization. Those extra facial features you could use in your PR videos, why can't we keep those outside the video? I also thought we'd be able to remove our hats like the rivals. xD
    • More Gym leader/important character relevance in the story. BW did this great when they all (except the first, I believe) helped you against Team Plasma near the end. Korrina is the only one who really does anything in the story besides be a gym leader. I kinda also expected Alexa to be a little more relevant. I actually thought she'd be an Elite Four member at first. xD
    • An easier way to be notified of when there is an egg at the daycare. I don't like having to bike around the area until he turns to face you. In D/P/Pt, there was a Poketch app that let you know this. I miss that. :'/
    • Remove those annoying popup notifications on the PSS. Every 45 seconds, it's "Do you want to Wonder Trade?" "Do you want to go to the GTS?" "Update your profile?" "You can battle people online. Go to the Battle Spot?" If I wanted to use them, trust me, I'd have used them. I appreciate the low battery notification, but hate that it pops up every 20 seconds.
    • And for the love of Arceus, do something about Route 13/Lumiose Badlands! I hate that route with a passion. The constant wind, those 3 useless locked power plant entrances, and those dust clouds that house Pokemon with Arena Trap (my most hated ability). It wasn't until after I was finally done with the route that I found out you could run from Arena Trappers with a Ghost-type lead. And I had an Aegislash. :(

Don't hate me, I love X and Y, I just feel there were so many missed opportunities and things done wrong. xD

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • No one's complaining about the lACK OF A FREAKING BATTLE FRONTIER???
    I really don't understand why the developers introduce such an amazing post-game feature like the Battle Frontier, then take it away at the beginning of every generation, only to add it in a sequel, making everyone buy it. >.> To be fair, I never took advantage of the Battle Frontier in previous generations, but with gen 6, I've taken a liking to the world of competitive battling. The Battle Maison in Kiloude City can only provide so much entertainment before it just becomes a grind for more BP. Pokemon Z (or whatever the sequel happens to be called), should have a Battle Frontier.

Another thing that annoyed me about Pokemon X/Y was the lack of stuff to do post-game. After defeating the Pokemon League, I was scouring the internet, looking for what to do next in the games. What I found was an overwhelming number of complaints from people who had the same problem as me - there was next to nothing to be done after you complete the main quest. Yes, there are some things to be done, like Looker's missions, maxing style in Lumiose City and the nearly-endless quest of trying to catch 'em all, but there wasn't anything interesting to do. Previous generations had Pokemon Contests and the Battle Frontier, and it was sad to see that Pokemon X/Y lacked these. I think that an upcoming sequel should have far more to do post-game.

There were also some strange quirks in Pokemon X/Y, such as odd camera angles, strange pauses in battles and dialogue and graphical hiccups that are always present in the first games of every Pokemon generation that are usually rectified in the sequel. I'm sure that Game Freak knows about these little issues and is already working on rectifying them so that the sequel(s) to Pokemon X/Y will be flawless, at least in that regard.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Things I'd like to see in Z:
    -More trainer customization. Character customization was a great addition to Pokemon. Now I want more.
    -Way more post-game/post Elite 4 content. IDK why Game Freak is so inconsistent about post game content. I really enjoyed the fact that G/S/C/HG/SS and Black2/White2 had a lot of post game content.
    -Return of the PWT and Black Tower/White Treehollow. I guess this is related to the previous point, but I really liked those 2 things in Black2/White2.
    -More Hidden Abilities to be available. I want my Head Smash Tyrantrum.
    -Boost the Elite 4's levels and number of party Pokemon after beating them once. IDK why Game Freak stopped that this gen; they've been doing that since Gen 3.
    -Return of the Black2/White2 move tutors. They could teach some really useful moves for competitve play.
    -And finally, give Black Kyurem a non-crappy physical ice move.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I hope there's a more Battle Frontier type place.. I need a facility like the Battle Factory where you choose from their pokemon. I love those.

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
    Years
  • My biggest desires for Z:
    An Older Kalos: Do what they did for B2/W2, set the game a year or so later. This would allow people who bought X and Y to have new experiences as well.
    Record Mixing Stuff: This kind of goes along with the above, but I would love it if you could use your party data from X and Y as an NPC. Either as the Champion, or...something? I mean, once you become the Champion, its not like you have to wait in that room for challengers. Why should Diantha have to? Also, it would be nice to battle myself without controlling both parties lol.
    More Megas: I know it'll never happen, but I would LOVE a mega Lapras.
    More Legendaries: The total of 4 legendaries in X and Y is a pathetic number. I mean, yeah there's Zoroark, but they made it a fairly common Pokemon now.
    More Story after the Story: I finished the Looker missions, and I want more Post-game crap that actually has plot significance. I hate grinding for BP.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Oh yeah, the PWT! I never actually played B2W2, but that was always the most interesting thing I always thought about. And hopefully by the time they implement it again (in Z, please!), all those leaders and e4 members and champions have full 3d models. Really really really want to see that.

As for character customization, I'd like to be able to unlock outfits and hair styles by beating notable trainers. Give me the chance to buy different parts of the e4's clothing each time I beat them. Let me unlock Team Flair outfits (and past organizations, too!). The Professor's coat, Shauna's shorts, the elite 4 dude's armor, and It'd be cool to unlock hairstyles as well (why couldn't we have the Punk hair styles??). I'd even like to be able to choose a body size at the beginning (or change it in the Post-Game, along with my skin tone!).

Another thing I would like is to split the Pokedex into "Kanto", Johto", "Hoenn", etc. when I'm looking for certain Pokemon. I know I could just "Search", but sometimes I want to browse. I really liked the colored bars on the side letting you know what came from what gen (even though the colors didn't really seem to fit all of them), the pokedex seemed to lag quite a bit and be hard to navigate by scrolling.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    :ESSAY WARNING LOL:

Things I wanna see:

#1: Harder Game/Steeper difficulty/Veteran Mode:
    Self explanatory really. I know these games have a younger target audience, but I would like the game to be a challenge, especially post Elite Four.

#2: Differing Story Arc:
    I'd like to see a story that is completely different to previous games. All Pokemon games seem to follow a similar formula:
    >Get pokemon.
    >Get Dex.
    >Beat a few gyms.
    >Meet enemy team blahblah.
    >Beat some more gyms.
    >Incident which prevents you from Gym progression.
    >Finish off team blahblah.
    >Finish Gyms.
    >Rival + Pokemon League.

What if we didn't start gaining our badges till at around lvl40-50? I mean Gym leaders should be the best in their given type right? yet the majority of them aren't even worth the effort. Lets have them be strong, mature trainers like they should be. No more kids as gym leaders!
    Begin with a story that has the hero doing something normal trainers do, maybe a pokemon competition of some sort. Your mother in X/Y is a Ryhorn racer right? lets have something like that! for example:

Pokemon NEOCHU version: (Excuse the comical names lol) :P

• >Start<
    • Welcome stuff - pick your gender, appearance, starter before the game starts! Onto the intro!
      -
    • You're a junior researcher for "Professor Banana-Plant"
      -
    • You're doing some work at a Pokemon race/exhibition/dig site and there's a flash in the sky
      followed by a crash of some sort (or someone uncovers a cave/ruins at the dig site)
      -
    • You investigate the crash/dig site,
      -
    • A legendary Pokemon appears from the crater/cave and flees! You find a strange glowing rock with inscriptions...
      -
    • You report to the Professor who has reports of two similar instances elsewhere! (legendary trio lol ;) ) You get given a Dex, Pokeballs and potions by the professor who says "blah blah You may as well research some Pokemon on the way tee hee!"
      -
    • You travel out catching Pokemon like you do. Visiting new towns, meeting other trainers and so on. You meet a couple of gym leaders from a neighbouring region, they comment on your Pokedex and your Pokemon; "hey that's a nice Froakie you got there, lets battle!" You are totally out gunned by the gym leader who says you still have a long way to go.
      -
    • Events happen in certain towns, similar in likeness to the Slowpoke well and so on. Until you reach your first destination, residents report similar instances and report of a Pokemon appearing and then fleeing. You get given another glowing stone to give to the professor.
      -
    • Some story related Pokemon myths regarding the legendary trio from another Pokemon researcher who is suspiciously similar in age to you (rival introduction) who also claims he/she will be a far better researcher than you...
      -
    • You venture to your next destination, helping out various other trainers and towns folk en route. and so on. En route you get a sighting of a couple of the legendary trio and the enemy team makes their presence known. Some canyon mouthed member lets spill some information about their plan to use the three pokemon to fuel some dastardly scheme to rule the world mwuhahaha..
      -
    • You arrive at your final destination where the third legendary Pokemon had appeared. More story, Glowing rock ect....
      -
    • You return back to the professor and give him the two stones. He puts them in a machine to analyse them. You go home to rest.
      -
    • You're woken by your phone, Team Doughnut has stolen all three stones and has taken them to their hideout! OH NOES!!!
      -
    • You Join forces with your Rival who just happens to be there......O_O (and seems adamant on rubbing it in about how they wouldn't have stolen the stones if she had had them la-dee-da) You head out to retrieve the stones. You find the enemy hide out and manage to infiltrate it while posing as Team Doughnut members. You venture round freely until you come across a chamber where team doughnut have captured the third legendary and are experimenting on it! You sabotage the machine and allow the Pokemon to escape!
      -
    • But the ruse is up! You have to battle your way out of the enemy hideout!
      -
    • You escape but discover that the Leader of Team Doughnut has figured out what the stones are for! and flees!
      -
    • You report to Professor BT who luckily had enough data to also figure out the meaning of the stones. You head through a forest followed by a cave till you are atop a mountain that has a peculiar altar with 3 indentations...I wonder what they are for.......wink wink...
      -
    • The Doughnut Leader sends a couple of lackeys your way while he uses the altar. You dispose of them but he has activated the altar.
      -
    • The three legendary Pokemon appear and are engulfed and sealed in orbs of light. A flashy Light show ensues and all three orbs blast a beam of light into the sky. A Vortex opens and the hero and the Team Doughnut leader are sucked in. The world begins to die, you pass out..
      -
    • You awake to find yourself in a dark and desolate world. You venture around, various battles against Vortex anomalies occur. These are battles against weird shadows and shapes that have a set of 4 random moves from a specific list.
      -
    • You find the leader again who is stood before another Legendary Pokemon. He then uses the Pokemon to battle you (since he activated the altar) You defeat him and the legendary Pokemon spits him back into the real world calling him unworthy. The legendary then combines the three stones to become it's own mega evolution stone. You battle again, defeating or capturing the legendary frees the legendary trio who seem thankful and then flee. (NOT AGAIN DAMMIT!!! ROAR!!) Legendary trio are now roaming encounters and won't flee.
      -
    • You've thwarted Lord Doughnut's plans WOOP!. He says "this isn't over! My goal of ruling has only been delayed, I'LL BE BACK!
      -
    • Word spreads about your feat, and the Elite four champion visits you at the lab. Congratulating you and giving you a Megastone for your respective starter Pokemon. They then tell you that you're ready to take the gym challenge! Professor BT agrees. You venture out to a new region where you begin your Badge battles and solving other problems on the way.
      -
    • You get about 4-5 badges in, and the Team Doughnut leader returns and has stolen an artefact from a museum DUM DUM DAAAA!
      -
    • This artefact is linked with Zygarde and the other two Legendaries.
      -
    • Beat him again, catch Zygarde.
      -
    • He gets locked up at last! No more Team Doughnut! YAY!
      -
    • Finish the Gym battles. Then head to Victory road and the Pokemon league. ~Rival battle~
      -
    • After the Champion is defeated you return home.
      -
    • You receive a call from Professor Banana Tree, who says he has a gift for you. OOOOOOOO!
      -
    • SS Ticket BOOM! "you've exceeded my greatest expectations young researcher! now head out to [Port City Name] and head to the 5 Isles. The 5 Isles are home to the battle frontier and other Pokemon tournaments and games. Sweet! There are also some very rare Pokemon that only appear on those isles too!
      -
    • Do battle frontier - Play mini games - Catch rare pokemon - Other post game stuff.
    • >END< ^_^
    #3: Improved Trainers and Gym leaders:
    More of the trainers (especially Gym Leaders and the Elite Four) in Pokemon games need to have full teams of 6! And I don't mean the idiot in every generation that has 6 damn Magikarp! Diversify the teams more too. The only trainer variant that should have more than one of the same pokemon evolution line are the Pokefans.

#4: HM's:
    HM's have been the bane of our existence since Gen 1! Frankly besides being an inconvenience they serve very little purpose besides traversing specific obstacles. If they aren't removed, then at least allow us to overwrite them without the need of a move tutor.
    While were at it, remove the badge requirement for the use of HM moves outside of battle! I never understood why we can teach the moves to Pokemon, but without a badge we're unable to use them outside a battle.
    Look Lapras there's a Growlithe! Use Surf!! Super effective!
    Look Lapras there's the ocean lets go for a swim! Use Surf! HERP DERP NO BADGE NERP!
    Seems daft to me..

#5: Companions and Rivals:

I for one, loved the improvement to the rival/friend system in X & Y. Although not without its hollow areas I thought it was great! Some more depth, purpose and interaction would be amazing!

#6: Better way of gathering IV information:
    I don't bother with IV breeding simply because I have next to no interest in online competitive multiplayer, nor do I want to spend days catching and breeding the same Pokemon over and over. So there's very little point to do it in my case. However if there were an easier way to achieve/influence IV's then I'd consider both trying to accomplish those perfect IV's and in turn perhaps improve my interest in Multiplayer.

#7: More Pokemon/Mega-Evolutions:
    Praying for a Mega Marowak!! :P

#8: DLC:
    I know GF have said that DLC is pretty much a no go, and I understand why. Excluding a part of the playerbase regardless of its size, from being able to play content isn't a great idea. With that said, there is a plethora of possibilities that could come from DLC.

• Old regions reopened/revisited.
    • New Pokemon.
    • New items.
    • New towns, dungeons, islands.
    • Extra story content.
    There's a lot that could be accomplished through DLC but sadly we all know it's very unlikely we'll see any any time soon.

#9: A version for consoles:
    I would love to see the world of Pokemon transformed into a full game for the WII-U. With this being the first iteration of a full Pokemon adventure that has used a full 3D rendered world, we get a glimpse of what this could be like on a more powerful system.

#10: Camera Direction Change:
    Now that were in rendered environments, I would love to be able to swap the way the camera faces to get a better view of the town or route I'm in. Even if it's just a locked 4 way up, down, left, right view. Would give us some use for the shoulder buttons too. Could also add more depth and dimention to puzzles as well!

That's all for now, my head hurts lol.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back