• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Lol it does make a get pun doesn't it :P
    It can have a guy dressed like a high level navy general :)

That would be freaking awesome! :cer_boogie: The only thing I can think of is someone modeled after a Sailor, but with medallions/stars or something...? :\

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow @ M4's capitals. XD;

JP... I dunno. Explore everything it has to offer? Originally I wanted it to be like in the Digimon train station but since apparently it isn't like that, it's disappointing.

Ooh I want 3D like in Colosseum, too. :D

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Team Plasma's Return

Will N come back? After he broke a hole and left his RV Castle he said he was going to train and return someday. Do you think Geechisu or N is going to break out and revive TP? Or that someone else will?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think this would best fit in the third game speculation thread, since the only way they can really "return" later on is in the third game.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire Third Game Speculation
    There can still be a battle frontier but with vehicles instead of buildings, like a battle boat, battle airship, etc.
    I would still prefer a Battle Frontier with buildings rather than... Boats and other transport. That IMO is a bit strange, having the Battle Frontier in moving vehicles. I really hope the 3rs Game has a Frontier with buildings etc. But one of the facilities is the Battle Sub. So I guess it can be on a beach of a docking area. That would be cool.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Will N come back? After he broke a hole and left his RV Castle he said he was going to train and return someday. Do you think Geechisu or N is going to break out and revive TP? Or that someone else will?

I certainly hope N shows up again as a character you can battle regularly after the story is over. For some reason, I found it odd that he doesn't seem to show up again after the storyline is over. I hope this is something they bring us with the third version.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think it will be released after R/S remakes like FR/LG and emerald.
    If that was true then it would be release in 2014 as 2013 will be R/S's 10th anniversary (well at least for the international releases) and I see RS remakes being release then similar to HGSS were for GS 10th anniversary.
    Also I have noticed that each gen has a blue colored Mascot Gen 1 (Jp only though) Blastoise, Gen 2 Suicune, Gen 3 Kyogre, Gen 4 Dialga, and now Gen 5 could be Kyurem (it has lots of blue and grey) leading met to think we will have it as the Third version mascot even more.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tbh, I think it'll go...

2012 - April: B/W third version announcement
    2012 - September: B/W third version released Japan
    2013 - March: B/W third version released everywhere else
    2013 - May: R/S remakes announced
    2013 - September: R/S remakes released in Japan
    2014 - March: R/S remakes released everywhere else

Then in a year or so, we'll be onto gen 6. :x B/W's third game will come before R/S remakes, imo.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Tbh, I think it'll go...

Then in a year or so, we'll be onto gen 6. :x B/W's third game will come before R/S remakes, imo.

Sounds good to me. I definitely agree that the third game will come before the remakes. I just feel it makes more sense for some reason. 2014... gosh that feels like forever from now!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I thought that since the 3DS will have a sort of "Virtual Console" thing on it, that the 3rd gen games will just be on that?

But I bet Forever is right on the part about when the 3rd game will come out and stuff.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Tbh, I think it'll go...

It makes sense to me too following that timeline, but I have feeling that we won't see any announcement of R/S remakes until 2014 with the international release sometime in 2015. With the recent huge success they've had for B/W in Japan you can kinda expect that Nintendo will want to milk everything they can out of gen 5 until the fans get sick of it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It makes sense to me too following that timeline, but I have feeling that we won't see any announcement of R/S remakes until 2014 with the international release sometime in 2015. With the recent huge success they've had for B/W in Japan you can kinda expect that Nintendo will want to milk everything they can out of gen 5 until the fans get sick of it.
    They did that with DP too they waited two years before remakes so I think they might do the same and then after that we might have RS remakes in 2013 in Jp for the aniversity and 2014 will be the release of the third version if they do go for a milk the first two versions, thought they could keep the "Isshu Craze" going by releasing the third version this year then wait two years before Rs remake (ah) then move on to gen 6 if there is one...which I bet there is but it's not 100 % yet...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I hope the remake/third version schedule follows Generation III (remakes before third version) rather than Generation IV (third version before remakes). It seemed like they just shoehorned Platinum in right before the much-hyped HG/SS, completely diverting attention away from Sinnoh too quickly...

With RSE & FR/LG, FRLG seemed like "Hey, you get to revisit Kanto after so many years! What a treat, eh?" followed up by "Don't forget, Hoenn still has more surprises in store for you! ;)", which gave one an incentive to revisit Hoenn (then again, FRLG's replay value was a bit small compared to that of Emerald's).

With DPPt & HG/SS, though, it seemed like "Hey. I'm Platinum. Might as well get Sinnoh over with. I have a few new features, though. I bet you think those rumored GSDS games won't get released now, eh?" followed up by "Hey! GSDS IS REAL!!!!1!!1! Sinnoh is old news now! It's time to head back to Johto, the region of pure awesomeness and EPIC WIN!!!". I don't have Platinum or HeartGold yet, but it seemed like Johto dominated Generation IV in the end while Gen III was a nice mix of Hoenn and Kanto, with Hoenn arguably gaining more time in the spotlight. Johto just hogged the spotlight in a Gen where it was supposed to slightly remain backstage...

With Generation V, if Game Freak chooses to go the Gen III route, the third version is going to have to be chock full of new features (which can easily be by fixing the majority of BW's cons like PokeDex interface, Select Button feature, moving multiple Pokemon, restoring the Follow-Me feature, bringing back actual Pokemon Contests and the Pokeathlon, etc.)

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    Sorry if someone has said this, but has anyone noticed that Kyurem is "injured"? His wings aren't even, and one of his horns is broken :/
    Maybe he was in a fight? With Reshiram or Zekrom? Maybe part of the thrid games plot will be about that? I dunno...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back