• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with third game speculation, since this thread covers everything about the third game~

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wuji is the lack of Yin and Yang. I bet that Reshiram and Zekrom are either destroyed, or locked away. Once they are gone there will be Wuji. The world will freeze over without electricity or fire (plasma) and Kyuremu will appear. Most likely Plasma would do this to start the world over.

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

Another possibility is that Plasma gains both Reshiram and Zekrom and they use them for their plans. Kyuremu would appear to reset the balance.
    Omg, that first theory is perfection! The world becomes frozen over with the absence of Reshi and Zek!

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting this, but Pikachu wasn't the third mascot; Blastoise was. It was originally Charizard and Venusaur (and whoever thought of making Venusaur a mascot of anything should be fired) with Pokemon Red and Green. Blue version came out as the third game, and Yellow, featuring Pikachu, was more of a "what-if" thing than an actual entry into the series.

Actually I was referring to the international release of the games. I should have been more clear about that.

I'd say the changes would be

-Pokemon OWs that follow you
    -Enhanced Storyline
    -Ability to catch Zoroark as well as both Dragons
    -Battling Adeku will end the story, not beating Geechisu (as someone already said)
    -Battle subway enhanced
    -Acsess to both Black City AND White forest
    -Revamped GL and Rival Teams
    -Get to fight Iris and Shaga in a double battle.

I wouldn't mind some of those enhancements made. The one about Adeku isn't really an improvement as already explained and adding Black City and White Forest doesn't seem necessary if they're going to make a new area exclusive to the third game.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'd understand why it was up in the air only if there was no third dragon to complete the trio. The title can still be debated on but I'm sure Kyurem was created for the third game.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Wuji is the lack of Yin and Yang. I bet that Reshiram and Zekrom are either destroyed, or locked away. Once they are gone there will be Wuji. The world will freeze over without electricity or fire (plasma) and Kyuremu will appear. Most likely Plasma would do this to start the world over.

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

Another possibility is that Plasma gains both Reshiram and Zekrom and they use them for their plans. Kyuremu would appear to reset the balance.

Nice theory but I think there would be no way GF would make the third game completely covered in ice, with no electricity in game... Third games are meant to be almost exactly the same with new twists in the plot, not completely changed, as would be the case with Isshu stuck in an Ice Age. It might be something like the distortion world only an Ice Age world instead or something, (and Reshiram and Zekrom have gone missing) that affects the real Isshu region.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Maybe the game will start of normal with full electricity and normality, but then towards the climax of the story Team Plasma capture Reshi and Zek, giving Kyurem the clear to rule and start a new Ice Age, which would be Plasma's way of starting over. Once you've restore the Yin & Yang (defeated Plasma and freed Reshi and Zek, and captured Kyu) the Ice will melt and normality is restored.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Cool theory I always wanted to see a whole region covered in ice due to a legendary :)
    Maybe it can hail and be like the Kyogre and Groudon events in Sapphire, Ruby and in Emerald ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Nice theory but I think there would be no way GF would make the third game completely covered in ice, with no electricity in game... Third games are meant to be almost exactly the same with new twists in the plot, not completely changed, as would be the case with Isshu stuck in an Ice Age. It might be something like the distortion world only an Ice Age world instead or something, (and Reshiram and Zekrom have gone missing) that affects the real Isshu region.

Actually, knowing how different B/W are to other games from what we've heard, I wouldn't completely throw away the idea of ice covering everything, and as others mentioned, that melting away after the climax. It wouldn't take the entire storyline and it would be an interesting twist. Could this mean Flamethrower could have a practical use? :D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well tbh and I'm think of speaking for most of us circa 2007, none of us saw the Giratina thing coming.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    you know how BW had more story with the gym leaders, i would like to see that with the elite four

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting this, but Pikachu wasn't the third mascot; Blastoise was. It was originally Charizard and Venusaur (and whoever thought of making Venusaur a mascot of anything should be fired) with Pokemon Red and Green. Blue version came out as the third game, and Yellow, featuring Pikachu, was more of a "what-if" thing than an actual entry into the series.

Also:

Hello. Meet Keldio
    Third Game Speculation

He's a Water/Fighting, and likely the fourth member of the fighting "trio". If there is any pokemon likely to get on a cover besides Kyurem (and see my large post for why I don't think that's at all likely) it'll be this guy over the Genie guy any day of the week.

Third Game Speculation

WTF? That thing gets to be Water/Fighting and Daikenki the samurai sea otter Water-type Starter Pokemon doesn't? Unbelievable. :cer_pissed:

I hope it is Crimson, for this reason alone:

"What's [S-HIGHLIGHT]black and white and red all over[/S-HIGHLIGHT]? Pokémon Generation V!"

Seriously, though - I'm thinking it'll probably be Grey.

Hmm...now I have a feeling Game Freak might opt for Pokemon Crimson Version over Pokemon Gray Version because of that specific saying. It's similar to the Generation 4 games Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Versions being likely derived from the saying "The rarest things in the world, next to a spirit of discernment, are diamonds and pearls." [Fr., Apres l'esprit de discernement, ce qu'il y a au monde de plus rare, ce sont les diamants et les perles.] (https://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/Pearls/index.html)

Platinum
    is the exception, though, to the trio; while it is a precious metal, it is not featured in the aforementioned saying (however, it does associate with Diamond by commonly being the one of the most prestigious ranks that can be attained by someone regarding album sales, being second only to the highest possible rank of Diamond. So, there is a possible link there for Platinum's status as a game version title.

At least for BW, crimson could relate to both of the colors in the pair Black and White due to that aforementioned saying.

Plus, red is the reverse of the blue featured in Kyuremu's design, and they utilized the concept of "reversing" for the BW boxarts.

And in any case, Crimson isn't nearly as predictable as Gray seems to be... I'm kind of hoping "Crimson" turns out to be the third version's name instead of "Gray"! :D

Years
    For the laughs, I think it should be called Pokemon Hispanic version. No racism intended, just a joke.

But anyway, I think Gray might introduce Pokemon Walking beside you, seals, trainer animations, and maybe a new storyline?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    For the laughs, I think it should be called Pokemon Hispanic version. No racism intended, just a joke.

That's racist! :O

:P

But anyway, I think Gray might introduce Pokemon Walking beside you, seals, trainer animations, and maybe a new storyline?

I'm really surprised they took out the overworld sprites that follow you, unless they just felt overwhelmed with making all the other stuff, and they didn't feel like making a bunch of new OW sprites.

And I think there will definitely be a new storyline, or some kind of new twist (What a twist!), otherwise the new game would just be a "new" legendary and a few features.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    That's racist! :O

:P

I'm really surprised they took out the overworld sprites that follow you, unless they just felt overwhelmed with making all the other stuff, and they didn't feel like making a bunch of new OW sprites.

And I think there will definitely be a new storyline, or some kind of new twist (What a twist!), otherwise the new game would just be a "new" legendary and a few features.

Couldn't they have just imported the ones from HGSS? They took a huge chunk of time making 493 overworld Pokemon sprites (986, counting the shiny variants) for just 2 games (which weren't even actually needed), and they feel overwhelmed now? I applaud their efforts invested in Gen 4, though...

It would be quite a shame if they went unused in Generation V! At least make all that astounding effort reach past 2 games and add 156 312 more... I'm really hoping that the third version allows overworld sprites to make a comeback as an optional feature, along with several other treasured Gen 4 features... The sheer number of sprites is the man reason I didn't mind them being reused between DPPt, HGSS, and BW to an extent. That's 493 normal sprites, plus 493 shinies, plus alternate frames, plus the sprites that got edits in subsequent versions...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    You don't double it to get shiny sprites, though, all it takes is a simple palette swap.
    I do however believe the feature should return in the third game or at least the RSE remakes.

x 9 [directions]
    = 4437
    + ~ [♂/♀]
    + ~ [small changes]
    = ~4450

But you must take into account most walking frames are tiny edits, the main sprites they create will simply be three for each Pokémon; Front, Back and Side.

~4450
    /3
    =~1483

So they are responsible for approximately 1500 sprites, which is a large number but they were small, not detailed, and were likely done by a considerable team of people.

Last edited:
    Years
    You guys are missing the point with the sprite discussion. This is Nintendo/ Game Freak. They are the MOST POPULAR DEVELOPMENT TEAM IN THE WORLD. And they are releasing ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR FRANCHISES IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING. I think that they could be bothered to create a few new sprites.

More likely is that HG/SS were developed concurrently, and the development teams for each one started from the same spot (the Platinum engine) and went different directions with it. Which is really too bad, because I really liked some of the things HG/SS added, not the least of which was being able to have the Running Shoes equipped without having to press a button.

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
    The main question I have about the third game, considering the setting (buildings old in one, and technological in the other), what timeline would this one be placed in?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Third Game Speculation

WTF? That thing gets to be Water/Fighting and Daikenki the samurai sea otter Water-type Starter Pokemon doesn't? Unbelievable. :cer_pissed:

This should have had the Fighting type, not theat stupid horse or that damned pig (for the third generation in a row even), THIS!!!!!

Hmm...now I have a feeling Game Freak might opt for Pokemon Crimson Version over Pokemon Gray Version because of that specific saying. It's similar to the Generation 4 games Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Versions being likely derived from the saying "The rarest things in the world, next to a spirit of discernment, are diamonds and pearls." [Fr., Apres l'esprit de discernement, ce qu'il y a au monde de plus rare, ce sont les diamants et les perles.] (https://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/Pearls/index.html)

Platinum is the exception, though, to the trio; while it is a precious metal, it is not featured in the aforementioned saying (however, it does associate with Diamond by commonly being the one of the most prestigious ranks that can be attained by someone regarding album sales, being second only to the highest possible rank of Diamond. So, there is a possible link there for Platinum's status as a game version title.

At least for BW, crimson could relate to both of the colors in the pair Black and White due to that aforementioned saying.

Plus, red is the reverse of the blue featured in Kyuremu's design, and they utilized the concept of "reversing" for the BW boxarts.

And in any case, Crimson isn't nearly as predictable as Gray seems to be... I'm kind of hoping "Crimson" turns out to be the third version's name instead of "Gray"! :D

I think so too, in fact, I've been hearing more rumors that Crimson will be the third game.....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back