• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I didn't like rotation battles oxo

I think they need to bring back more PC boxes. What happened to the 16 that were in SS HG

Try actually filling your boxes, then see what happens.

Some of the sprite animations could be better as well. I found some of them were lame.

But I think part of the reason they didn't have as much is a DS uses a little cartrage. It takes up a lot to hold that much data. Having animated sprites for the whole battle on every pokemon already takes up massive ammounts of space.

The current Pokémon graphics data is more a limitation of the DS's graphics RAM (and partly workload-related).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't think a special version is necessary, but I would like to see one Mainly for a deeper story line a few examples are I would like to know about the Goddesses and the Trio and what there purpose is.

About the name Gray seems to obvious.
    Same with the mascot Kyurem aswell. But It seems to fit with the story. Kyurem Is the plasma Pokemon and they are Team Plasma.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    APPARENTLY CAN'T POST PICTURES CAUSE I NEED 15 POSTS. :disappoin

The image I was going to post was someones work on DevainArt and they created a cover for Pokemon Grey

This?

Third Game Speculation

The WiFi thing is out-of-place though, needs to be on top :)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I imagine the third version will go deeper into N's backstory and expand on his relationship with Ghetsis. The so-called Goddesses also need explained, because why are human deities suddenly in the Pokeverse?

I have a feeling they'll have more than the standard Battle Frontier/rematches/higher-leveled story foes formula that the third versions usually do. I don't know what they'll come up with yet, but GameFreak clearly has put a lot of effort into the fifth generation, so there'll be something good to come, I'm sure of it.

That mockup of the box with a new Kyurem form looks pretty cool. I think the Wifi symbol was intentionally misplaced so people don't think it's real... however, I think Kyurem's alternate form will be much more regal and grandiose, since it was supposed to be the Pokemon belonging to the twin rulers of the region... it'll probably have a rad alternate ability as well. Dunno which one it'd be though.

If they bring back following Pokemon that'd be cool, but it's not a huge deal if they don't.

Years
    I'm pretty sure it's going to feature a new Legendary Pokémon; like they did in Pokémon Platinum.
    Do you mean Giratina??
    It was already in Diamond and Pearl (you can get it after National Dex in Turnback Cave), it just got a new form in Platinum.

Hmm... I think that Kyurem will be the version mascot of the what-ever-it-will-be-called third version. Maybe it gets a new form or something??

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    They are not making a third game (*hint hint*)

A rumour already squashed, by the same guy that rumour supposedly came from.

Do you know what I'd love to see? Generation 3 compatibility as well (maybe a Pal Park, maybe a separate part of the Poke-Transfer lab), and I'd love to see those Pokeballs that got made useless in B/W make a proper return in the third version (you could hack in the Apricorn Balls but they didn't appear in the inventory screen in-battle), plus some new forms for Legendaries in-game (IE Kyurem). I'd personally also love to see the return of walking Pokemon (maybe making it optional), a new Battle Frontier, and I'd possibly like to see something akin to the Sevii Islands in-game where you can catch Pokemon not originally in Black/White. Also, I'd like to see a new safari zone, but something there perhaps different than before.

EDIT: Just thought of something else - a feature that de-capitalizes the names of Pokemon you transfer from Generation 4 would be nice - it looks very odd having GIRATINA alongside Reshiram.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    So there might be a third version after all? Great! :D

My speculation/ what Pokemon I'd like on Gym Leader rematches (if any):

Triple battle with Cress, Cilan and Chilli
    • Leafeon
    • Vaporeon
    • Flareon
    • Simisage
    • Simipour
    • Simisear

Lenora
    • Stoutland
    • Blissey
    • Snorlax
    • Tabunne
    • Lickilicky
    • Watchog

Burgh
    • Scolipede
    • Leavanny
    • Masquerain (it suits his appearance, me thinks.)
    • Drapion
    • Yanmega
    • Venomoth

Elesa
    • Zebstrika
    • Galvantula
    • Electivire
    • Luxray
    • Eelektross
    • Manectric

Clay
    • Excadrill
    • Krookadile
    • Rhyperior
    • Hippowdon
    • Donphan
    • Flygon

Skyla
    • Swanna
    • Staraptor
    • Pidgeot
    • Skarmory
    • Altaria
    • Honchkrow

Brycen
    • Beartic
    • Abomasnow
    • Glalie
    • Weavile
    • Mamoswine
    • Walrein

Drayden
    • Haxorus
    • Hydreigon
    • Salamence
    • Garchomp
    • Flygon
    • Kingdra

Iris
    • Haxorus
    • Hydreigon
    • Dragonite
    • Garchomp
    • Flygon
    • Kingdra

Oh, I also want a new form for Jellicent with base stats of 999.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020

This?

*Convincing Box Art here.*

The WiFi thing is out-of-place though, needs to be on top :)
    It's not out of place though, if it were an American cover that would be the case. However, since this is going for the Japanese style of the cover, the Wi-Fi logo is in the correct place. It matches my Japanese White's box's placement of the Wi-Fi logo.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Personally, I'm hoping to be able to catch both Reshiram AND Zekrom. Not sure where they'd be placed though, maybe Dragon Spiral Tower?

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Grey will be the name, mascot will be Kyurem if that isnt painfully obvious

the real questions are what will the story be, how will the change it so you can get all 3 dragons, & what kind of background story on Ghetsis,N (insert revealed name here), & the other 6sages are we gonna get
    and are the sages gonna be involved in battles now or not...

I personally hope the Sages are gonna battle you as you meet them, after all team plasma is the only villianous team with admins...

we should get more back story on N& find out his name, find out more about the Shadow Triad (possibly even battle them) & N's 2 girlfriends in his castle: Concrodia&Anthea

hopefully theyll also reveal what the original dragon looked like, just to satisfy my curiousity.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    - Possibly revival of the following feature. They might be keeping it for the remakes of this generation, which logic says will happen and/or the third game.
    - Rematches of gym leaders will occur.
    - All three dragons obtainable. Possibly all the genies as well, or they might make Landorus a running one and make the other two unobtainable.
    - Black City and White Forest will be replaced with a Grey exclusive area, possibly with both trainers and Pokemon.
    - I see new areas west of mainstream Unova coming about, just one or two.
    - Team Plasma will gain control of Kyurem and try to freeze over Unova. It would be cool if they actually made it so this actually happened, so during that time you can go around Unova and everything would be Winter season, despite the time of year in-game. Reshiram and Zekrom will then defrost it.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Grey would make sense because it is a blend and it should follow with Platinum so that you can catch the whole trio. That boxart pic of Kyurem doesn't seem to match the real thing. Looks fake to me.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Grey would make sense because it is a blend and it should follow with Platinum so that you can catch the whole trio. That boxart pic of Kyurem doesn't seem to match the real thing. Looks fake to me.
    That's because it is fake. Somebody made it for fun to show people how the third game may look. I won't be calling the 3rd game grey/Crimson/purple or any other trademarked name until GF reveal the real name I will just call it the 3rd game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back