• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    So I guess we can conclude that the 3rd version will be based on the Ice-Age? Black City and White Forest = Frozen Town? But then again, the whole of Isshu will be frozen...?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    For those suggesting that the 3rd game should have formes, Black & White basically already do. Meloetta is a legendary with 2 formes and could be considered as a copy of Shaymin. Now we only miss a Pokémon to be the mascot of the 3rd game.

Spoiler:
    My only other thought for this would be a Normal/Dark type to match the Psychic and Fighting setup. Therefore it'll revolve in a perfect balance, because so far Normal/Psychic is still super effective against Normal/Fighting, while Normal/Fighting is neutral given the Normal typing.

My only thought would be what would go with song and dance, other than a Performance Forme to fill in the stage of acting.

Wait, so there actually is code of Freeze Bolt & Cold Flare in BW or is that just random fan speculation.
    It's possible these two moves could show up exclusively for the third version considering Black and White have coding for its existence therefore it wouldn't have any compatibility issues with the moves.

...and just giving my input, but Cold Flare sounds a whole lot cooler than Freeze Bolt. Just Saying.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Then my bet goes on Kyurem as the mascot...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt are prolly just Hidden attacks that need an event to unlock them for specific Pokemon. Similar to how Vicitini gets V Generate. V Generate cannot be learned by any Pokemon, but exists. You have to do an event to get the attack.

The attacks have the exact same stats, only one if Physical and the other Special. (Hyper/Giga relationship.)

As for Kyuremu, as I stated in another thread, I don't see it. Its 25 points weaker overall, doesn't have a 100% move set match, and lacks interactive Signature attack that the other two have.

I can see the third Genie Randorosu as a third as he has two other versions that play a minor role in the game as version exclusive roamers and as far as I know, he isn't Event. He is also an in game interacting Pokemon, (you have to talk to it to start battle)

I can see the Genies having a more major part in the third game. I mean N basically just catches Zekrom/Reshiram to create his own world or something close to that (Cyrus's Space/Time recreation). I can't see the Ice dragon being a major part in this seeing as, unless they do major changes to the main story, Reshiram/Zekrom join N's side willingly. I don't see him capturing two or even the weaker one while not catching the other two when they apparently hold more power story wise.

So ya, money is on the third Genie over the Ice/Dragon for third Pokemon Mascot.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt are prolly just Hidden attacks that need an event to unlock them for specific Pokemon. Similar to how Vicitini gets V Generate. V Generate cannot be learned by any Pokemon, but exists. You have to do an event to get the attack.

The attacks have the exact same stats, only one if Physical and the other Special. (Hyper/Giga relationship.)

As for Kyuremu, as I stated in another thread, I don't see it. Its 25 points weaker overall, doesn't have a 100% move set match, and lacks interactive Signature attack that the other two have.

I can see the third Genie Randorosu as a third as he has two other versions that play a minor role in the game as version exclusive roamers and as far as I know, he isn't Event. He is also an in game interacting Pokemon, (you have to talk to it to start battle)

I can see the Genies having a more major part in the third game. I mean N basically just catches Zekrom/Reshiram to create his own world or something close to that (Cyrus's Space/Time recreation). I can't see the Ice dragon being a major part in this seeing as, unless they do major changes to the main story, Reshiram/Zekrom join N's side willingly. I don't see him capturing two or even the weaker one while not catching the other two when they apparently hold more power story wise.

So ya, money is on the third Genie over the Ice/Dragon for third Pokemon Mascot.
    Every one seems to be betting on the Ice/Dragon and also I think it's low stats might be a refrence to how Articuno had lower stats than Zapdos and Moltres during Generation 1 before they changed them in gen 2...
    Also they always change the story line and it's based on the Wuji which is the concept opposing Yin and Yang.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    My theory is that in the third game the Ice/Dragon will learn those moves, but not in this game.

But that's just a hunch. Based on logic and hard-evidence I'd have to agree with XanderO. But there is something that just makes it seem like the Ice/Dragon will be, just me wanting it to be one really.

Years
    My theory is that in the third game the Ice/Dragon will learn those moves, but not in this game.

But that's just a hunch. Based on logic and hard-evidence I'd have to agree with XanderO. But there is something that just makes it seem like the Ice/Dragon will be, just me wanting it to be one really.
    So you agree with the Genie thing being more logical? I think the Ice/Dragon is more logical than the Gods (the genies are based on japanese gods).

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Does anyone know what the genie pokemon back story is? I mean the mascots story was that they used to be one pokemon and they broke apart, where does the ice dragon fit in there?

Also this whole ying yang stuff is it stated in the games story or is it people just trying to find the symbolism in it?

Last edited:
    Years
    Personally, I can understand people not liking Kyurem, but I think it's just delusion to not recognize him as the third mascot. Here's a consolidated list of the evidence pointing to Kyurem as the third mascot:

1. His typing.
    * He's a dragon, just like the other two
    * He's a unique typing, and one that fans have long wanted, just like the other two.
    * Between Ice/Dragon, Fire/Dragon, and Electric/Dragon, none of them have an advantage over the other.

2. His name.
    * Just look: ReshiRAM, ZekROM, KyuREM. RAM and ROM are computer terms. Maybe REM is a reference to Rapid Eye Movement (dreaming), since this story focuses so heavily on dreams.
    * The only way the name doesn't match up is in that "shiramu" and "kuromu" are Japanese for "turning white" and "turning black" respectively. Unfortunately, if there is a word for "turning gray" in Japanese, I don't know it. It's NOT "yuremu" though.

3. His motif. It's easy to see him as a representation of Wuji, which stands in contrast to Yin and Yang.

4. His moveset
    * It's not drastically different from Reshiram/Zekrom. There are definite differences, but they are pretty minor. In general, it follows the same progression.
    * The existence of Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare lend credence to the fact that Kyurem will have a bigger role later on.

5. His stats
    * 25 in the BST is not a huge gap. It shows that the three are still on the same plane.

6. Alternate form theory
    * All of the discrepancies in 4&5 could easily be fixed by giving Kyurem and alternate form, something which there is already a precedent for doing.

Now, let's look at the evidence for that 3rd Genie being the mascot legendary:

1. It's the third of a set
    2. It's directly after Reshiram and Zekrom in the pokedex.

I'm sorry, but the evidence seems to point incontrovertibly to Kyurem. I don't really understand how people are still drawing other conclusions.

Years
    Does anyone know what the genie pokemon back story is? I mean the mascots story was that they used to be one pokemon and they broke apart, where does the ice dragon fit in there?

Also this whole ying yang stuff is it stated in the games story or is it people just trying to find the symbolism in it?
    Well people left out Giratina in the DP legend so I'm guessing the left out Kyurem as well also I noticed their names are end with M (Rashiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem)
    Yeah they are based on Yin and Yang but there is another part to it called Wuji which is the Opposite of Yin and Yang similar to how Giratina being Antimatter was the Opposite to Space-time.

Personally, I can understand people not liking Kyurem, but I think it's just delusion to not recognize him as the third mascot. Here's a consolidated list of the evidence pointing to Kyurem as the third mascot:

1. His typing.
    * He's a unique typing, and one that fans have long wanted, just like the other two.
    * Between Ice/Dragon, Fire/Dragon, and Electric/Dragon, none of them have an advantage over the other.

2. His name.
    * Just look: ReshiRAM, ZekROM, KyuREM. RAM and ROM are computer terms. Maybe REM is a reference to Rapid Eye Movement (dreaming), since this story focuses so heavily on dreams.
    * The only way the name doesn't match up is in that "shiramu" and "kuromu" are Japanese for "turning white" and "turning black" respectively. Unfortunately, if there is a word for "turning gray" in Japanese, I don't know it. It's NOT "yuremu" though.

3. His motif. It's easy to see him as a representation of Wuji, which stands in contrast to Yin and Yang.

4. His moveset
    * It's not drastically different from Reshiram/Zekrom. There are definite differences, but they are pretty minor. In general, it follows the same progression.
    * The existence of Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare lend credence to the fact that Kyurem will have a bigger role later on.

5. His stats
    * 25 in the BST is not a huge gap. It shows that the three are still on the same plane.

6. Alternate form theory
    * All of the discrepancies in 4&5 could easily be fixed by giving Kyurem and alternate form, something which there is already a precedent for doing.

I'm sorry, but the evidence seems to point incontrovertibly to Kyurem. I don't really understand how people are still drawing other conclusions.
    Cool you noticed the Ram, Rom and Rem thing too :)
    Oh but the Earth God in in between Zekrom and Kyurem but Palkia and Giratina also had pokemon in between the two.
    It's nice that you gathered all the proof I and others stated :)

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

1. His typing.

2. His name.

4. His moveset

5. His stats

6. Alternate form theory

My responses:

• Interesting observation with the RAM and ROM being types of computer-related memories, as opposed to REM being dream-related (coincidentally, the first two reference technological memory, while the last one loosely references an enigmatic combination of memories through biological processes (as dreams tend to be the brain's method of amalgamating, analyzing, and piecing together the individual's recent events of the day/week/month/etc...)

• For the typing, Kyuremu is still advantageous against Ice. Aside from all of them being super-effective to each other via Dragon-typing, regarding their elemental types:
      • With Fire, Reshiram hits Zekrom for not very effective (1/2 damage) and Kyuremu for neutral damage (normal 1x effectiveness).
      • With Electricity, Zekrom hits Reshiram for not very effective and Kyuremu for not very effective.
      • With Ice, Kyuremu hits Reshiram for neutral damage and Zekrom for super-effective.
    I'd say amongst the trio, Kyuremu is more well off than its counterparts, followed by Reshiram in second and Zekrom in third...

• I wish "yuremu" was Japanese for "turning gray". Anyone know the actual Japanese term?

Additionally, I'd like it if Kyuremu wasn't weaker in the Base Stat Total by 25, but as mentioned above, an alternate form could rectify the matter (on the other hand, I really don't want a "third mascot gains alternate form" trend starting for every Generation post-Generation 4...)

But yeah, evidence seems to be highlighting Kyuremu as the next mascot, with its potential signature moves being Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt (with Freeze Blitz being a much cooler name for the latter move, IMO, to match the first move's epicness). I kinda wish they weren't offensive counterparts to each other, though, because I would like to use both of them with differing effects, aside from the offensive categorization and status-inducing effects.

Does anyone know which of Kyuremu's offensive stats is higher? I'd really prefer to use Cold Flare over Freeze Bolt Blitz (trying to avoid excessive spoilers, Kyuremu in particular. I have a feeling they are equal to each other, though). If Kyuremu does end up getting a form change with the advent of the third version to BW, I hope its HP (or its Speed being a runner-up stat) gets the 25-point boost, in order to preserve the Physical/Special duality Reshiram (specially-oriented) and Zekrom (physically-oriented) have with each other, and so it doesn't align more with any one stat.

EDIT: Anyone have any guesses as to what the new Dragon trio will be known as, provided it actually becomes officially classified as a trio in the third version? I'm leaning more towards the title of "Tao Dragon Trio," with Generation 4's Dragon trio being known as either the Reality Dragon Trio or the Dimensional Dragon Trio (preferably the former title).

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...hey I really like the RAM/ROM/REM theory, meaning that its English name is what we know now, so as soon as we find out the English names, if that stays the same, we'll know our mascot. :D (That is, to completely match with Zekrom/Reshiram, because they aren't changing their names). But that is really good thinking and examining (by all of you), so now I'm pretty sure the ice dragon with the confusing name will be the third game mascot, (even though I thought that already but didn't really have any reasoning behind that). The REM theory is really good though, I like!

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Anyone have any guesses as to what the new Dragon trio will be known as, provided it actually becomes officially classified as a trio in the third version? I'm leaning more towards the title of "Tao Dragon Trio," with Generation 4's Dragon trio being known as either the Reality Dragon Trio or the Dimensional Dragon Trio (preferably the former title).

The folks over at Bulbapedia have taken upon naming the new trio "The Energy Dragon trio". Makes sense when you take into consideration the elemental typing along with the concept of yin and yang.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    The folks over at Bulbapedia have taken upon naming the new trio "The Energy Dragon trio". Makes sense when you take into consideration the elemental typing along with the concept of yin and yang.

What element is the ice dragon then?

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Why do I have the feeling that the third version is going to get screwed over and exclude both Reshiram and Zekrom, instead only including Kyuremu.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No one has stated in all of their Kyurem evidence that the primary part of its body is Gray, supporting Gray as the third title. If it was going to be the Genie would it be Pokemon Brown? *Gags

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    What element is the ice dragon then?

Umm...I think you answered your own question. >.>

No one has stated in all of their Kyurem evidence that the primary part of its body is Gray, supporting Gray as the third title. If it was going to be the Genie would it be Pokemon Brown? *Gags

Check back to the first page and every other page leading up to this post. There are multiple references to Gray/Grey in connection to Kyurem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back