• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Umm...I think you answered your own question. >.>

Check back to the first page and every other page leading up to this post. There are multiple references to Gray/Grey in connection to Kyurem.

I think his question was relating to when the guy he quoted mentioned energy...

Years
    Oh, I forgot to mention in my last post that REM (Rapid Eye Movement) is actually "Remu" in Japanese.

Anyway, I don't think that Ice is related to the natural vs. industrial energy any more than Wuji is related to the Yen Yang. They are opposites of each other. Ice implies the absence of energy.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Oh, I forgot to mention in my last post that REM (Rapid Eye Movement) is actually "Remu" in Japanese.

Anyway, I don't think that Ice is related to the natural vs. industrial energy any more than Wuji is related to the Yen Yang. They are opposites of each other. Ice implies the absence of energy.
    Someone posted earlier that:

Kyuremu represents the Ice Age.
    Reshiram represents the Industrial Age.
    Zekrom represents our hopes for the future.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Yupp, that's basically what it breaks down to. This trio represents the progression of humanity to what we hope to become. I'm hoping they play into that with the plot.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

You know Ice can reflect energy, it's like a mirror so it can act like a counterbalance against energy.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I've been hearing rumors on another Pokemon forum that the third game will be called Crimson, and that Kyuremu won't be the main Pokemon, that's all I've heard so far, if it is real, I have specualted that Zorua will be the starter, and of course, the heroes will have new outfits, for the mascot, I would say an alternate forme of Zoroark with godlike powers over an alternate dimesion (I did hear a month before Black and White were released that the Distortion world is not the world on the other side, but the helix that binds the two sides together, they said that they would further explain this in Generation 5, but so far, they haven't, so they must be saving it for the third game), until then, that's what I will be believing.....

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    If there would be a third version, i think it would star Victini, "Pokemon Brown"le

All trainers animated, not just belle and Cheren!
    More Pokemon available!
    Ah I would agree, except Victini though. It is a cute legend, but its an event and I seriously doubt they'll have an event in one game, in another game of the same region. Unless they feel like being nice. XD

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    The folks over at Bulbapedia have taken upon naming the new trio "The Energy Dragon trio". Makes sense when you take into consideration the elemental typing along with the concept of yin and yang.

Really? Hmm...I haven't seen it mentioned in any of Reshiram or Zekrom's talk pages... I had figured "Tao" would take precendence over "Energy", as the main themes seem to be the yin-yang and wuji concepts rather than the Dragon trio's elements stemming from their secondary types. Furthermore, the two concepts are derived from taoism, so it would make more sense in that regard. But we'll see what the name ends up as (hopefully something cool!)

Well, all I know is that the Dragon trio article up right now is going to need a rename once Gray Version is released, with Kyuremu's inclusion potentially confirming the existence of a second Dragon trio :D. I know Reality Trio and Dimensional Trio have been suggested as renames for some time on the talk pages (as it could be said that spacetime, alternate dimensions, and [anti-]matter constitute the fabric of reality, and that each Gen 4 legendary Dragon mascot has dominion over one of the dimensions [with Giratina's dimension considered as a distorted, alternate one]).

It's weird...I remember the whole conflict that arose when people on Bulbapedia started advocating for the existence of the article 'Dragon trio' even when Platinum hadn't been released to confirm such a theory/hypothesis... :rambo:

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I've been hearing rumors on another Pokemon forum that the third game will be called Crimson, and that Kyuremu won't be the main Pokemon, that's all I've heard so far, if it is real, I have specualted that Zorua will be the starter, and of course, the heroes will have new outfits, for the mascot, I would say an alternate forme of Zoroark with godlike powers over an alternate dimesion (I did hear a month before Black and White were released that the Distortion world is not the world on the other side, but the helix that binds the two sides together, they said that they would further explain this in Generation 5, but so far, they haven't, so they must be saving it for the third game), until then, that's what I will be believing.....

If you visit www.pokemoncrimson.com or www.pokemongray.com you will see that both sites are reserved for Nintendo, so it's possible the name might be Crimson or Gray.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey if both those are registered domains, why does www.pokemonopal.com redirect to Nintendo, while something like www.pokemonrainbow.com doesn't? (Which means there's no chance of it being rainbow, haha). If that should be right, then Opal should just be a registered domain page - because that was a trademarked name, too.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Pokemon Opal link redirects right to Nintendo; Grey and Crimson redirect me to some ITS thing.

Quite frankly, I hope most, perhaps not for third generation as I doubt they'd change this, that we get more hero options. I would REALLY like to play a blonde girl. Seriously. The Japanese seem obsessed with blonde heroes and heroines, except with Pokemon.

Also hoping it's on 3DS as I plan to buy one :) and it should be interesting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The fact that it redirects to Nintendo makes me wonder, though.

But~! Having a blonde hero would be nice (although it doesn't matter to me since I'm brunette hahaha), but I can see alternate character options being likely, considering the amount of characters involved in B/W's storyline (which appear to be a lot more than in other games). Oh, and I'm basing this off the two rivals, N actually being a singular character apart of an organisation and his father, etc.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Pokemon Crimson... I'm not really understanding where people are coming up with the idea of Crimson as the third game's color. o___O

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    The fact that it redirects to Nintendo makes me wonder, though.

But~! Having a blonde hero would be nice (although it doesn't matter to me since I'm brunette hahaha), but I can see alternate character options being likely, considering the amount of characters involved in B/W's storyline (which appear to be a lot more than in other games). Oh, and I'm basing this off the two rivals, N actually being a singular character apart of an organisation and his father, etc.

I think they've left out the customization thingy of the Pokémon games because the need of creating hero sprites for every single custom item you decide your hero too wear, taking both space in the game and more work.

If you read on the sites that directs to this ITS thingy, it says it's reserved for a worldwide top brand. Nintendo right? And if I read correctly, they say that there is something being working on that site.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But still, two more alternate character options won't be too hard, a boy and a girl, that is, since they won't be in the anime anyway.

And I'm still wondering why Opal redirects to Ninendo and isn't a dead link...

Oh and Crimson, purely because it's trademarked. XD;

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    But still, two more alternate character options won't be too hard, a boy and a girl, that is, since they won't be in the anime anyway.

And I'm still wondering why Opal redirects to Ninendo and isn't a dead link...

Oh and Crimson, purely because it's trademarked. XD;

When you said Opal, it made me thinking... I wrote www.pokemontopaz.com and thought it could be the opposite of Opal, and guess what? It redirects to Nintendo's site too! :o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back