• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Oh and Crimson, purely because it's trademarked. XD;

I hope it is Crimson, for this reason alone:

"What's black and white and red all over? Pokémon Generation V!"

Seriously, though - I'm thinking it'll probably be Grey.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I think they've left out the customization thingy of the Pokémon games because the need of creating hero sprites for every single custom item you decide your hero too wear, taking both space in the game and more work.

Well if they get rid of the Pokémon Musical I'm sure they would have more than enough space to include trainer customization.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yup, that's what confuses me. Why are some names reserved and Opal/Topaz redirected to Nintendo (and that can't just be because of the rumour of Opal being Platinum's name, or somethng, because Topaz wasn't related).

I'm more willing to bet on Opal right now, actually, considering that it redirects.

HAHAHA YES.

www.pokemonwhite.com redirects to Pokemon.com, which is apart of Nintendo. Considering Opal/Topaz redirect, this could just be a placeholder name until it actually goes ahead and it'll redirect to the main site. Opal makes so much sense too, considering it's a mix of diffeent colours, the centre between Black/White.

Oh, this pleases me. <3

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Opal, topaz, crimson, or whatever other color mentioned besides gray would be so welcomed. Gray just seems too predictable and boring.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Um...here's a thought.
    Okay well iirc the third game in the gen 4 series was supposed to be opal as forever stated, to a degree and was to feature manaphy, right?
    Well, what did Nintendo do? They included a ton more Pokemon and made Giratina the Pokemon it was centered around.
    Well, what if they scrap Kyruremu and use the "leader" of the genie trio, Randorusu.
    Hey, it could happen. :/

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Um...here's a thought.
    Okay well iirc the third game in the gen 4 series was supposed to be opal as forever stated, to a degree and was to feature manaphy, right?
    Well, what did Nintendo do? They included a ton more Pokemon and made Giratina the Pokemon it was centered around.
    Well, what if they scrap Kyruremu and use the "leader" of the genie trio, Randorusu.
    Hey, it could happen. :/

When it comes to mascots Nintendo has been pretty consistent with keeping it to a group of trios. With the obvious exception of gen 2, and to a lesser degree gen 1. Although we did see Pikachu as the third mascot of gen 1, the final evolutions of the first starters were all made into mascots of their respective games. It's unlikely we'll see Nintendo starting a new trend with their mascots. That's not to say a new tradition wouldn't be welcomed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh I still think it'll be the ice dragon (and I mentioned Opal for gen 4 for another reason...to back up that it could be our third game name!) If not, then yeah it'll be the third genie (...or have any of us considered the three fighting creatures that look weird? D:)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Oh I still think it'll be the ice dragon (and I mentioned Opal for gen 4 for another reason...to back up that it could be our third game name!) If not, then yeah it'll be the third genie (...or have any of us considered the three fighting creatures that look weird? D:)

Yeah I mentioned that there would be a high chance that it could be the third genie as the mascot ages ago. As for the three fighting types, I don't think they have a chance at becoming a mascot. If there was like a leader of those three (like the third Genie/Suicune) then that pokemon would to have a chance at mascot position, but they aren't really like the main legendaries (unfortunately :()

But Yay for Opal, hope that name sticks. I thought grey was to predictable.

Years
    When it comes to mascots Nintendo has been pretty consistent with keeping it to a group of trios. With the obvious exception of gen 2, and to a lesser degree gen 1.[S-HIGHLIGHT] Although we did see Pikachu as the third mascot of gen 1[/S-HIGHLIGHT], the final evolutions of the first starters were all made into mascots of their respective games. It's unlikely we'll see Nintendo starting a new trend with their mascots. That's not to say a new tradition wouldn't be welcomed.

I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting this, but Pikachu wasn't the third mascot; Blastoise was. It was originally Charizard and Venusaur (and whoever thought of making Venusaur a mascot of anything should be fired) with Pokemon Red and Green. Blue version came out as the third game, and Yellow, featuring Pikachu, was more of a "what-if" thing than an actual entry into the series.

Also:
    King Gumball said:
    Yeah I mentioned that there would be a high chance that it could be the third genie as the mascot ages ago. As for the three fighting types, I don't think they have a chance at becoming a mascot. [S-HIGHLIGHT]If there was like a leader of those three[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (like the third Genie/Suicune) then that pokemon would to have a chance at mascot position, but they aren't really like the main legendaries (unfortunately :()

Hello. Meet Keldio
    Third Game Speculation

He's a Water/Fighting, and likely the fourth member of the fighting "trio". If there is any pokemon likely to get on a cover besides Kyurem (and see my large post for why I don't think that's at all likely) it'll be this guy over the Genie guy any day of the week.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting this, but Pikachu wasn't the third mascot; Blastoise was. It was originally Charizard and Venusaur (and whoever thought of making Venusaur a mascot of anything should be fired) with Pokemon Red and Green. Blue version came out as the third game, and Yellow, featuring Pikachu, was more of a "what-if" thing than an actual entry into the series.

Also:

Hello. Meet Keldio
    Third Game Speculation

He's a Water/Fighting, and likely the fourth member of the fighting "trio". If there is any pokemon likely to get on a cover besides Kyurem (and see my large post for why I don't think that's at all likely) it'll be this guy over the Genie guy any day of the week.

Ahah, my mistake, thanks for pointing that out. I guess the fighting trio are niot in fact the trio of this gen then. In that case he stands a chance, but I actually think the genie may get picked over this guy.

Years
    The game will be Pokemon Grey and the mascot will be Kyurem. Here are some things that I'd like to happen:

• Order of Gym Leaders changed
    • Higher/lower levels for trainer's Pokemon
    • Battle Frontier
    • You can actually battle Adeku after beating Team Plasma's leader
    • Elite 8 (Where after battling four of them, you can save and heal your team)
    • Distortion World shown again post-credits, where you catch Giratina
    • You get to go to Sinnoh post-credits, where Team Plasma plans to recruit more members and you can catch all the Sinnoh legends except Shaymin, Arceus, Darkrai, Cresselia, Manaphy and Phione

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Forget Kyurem and the genie, if the game is to be called Crimson, then the main Pokemon will most likely be an alternate forme of Zoroark with godlike powers over an alternate dimension.....

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    The game will be Pokemon Grey and the mascot will be Kyurem. Here are some things that I'd like to happen:

• Order of Gym Leaders changed
    • Higher/lower levels for trainer's Pokemon
    • Battle Frontier
    • You can actually battle Adeku after beating Team Plasma's leader
    • Elite 8 (Where after battling four of them, you can save and heal your team)
    • Distortion World shown again post-credits, where you catch Giratina
    • You get to go to Sinnoh post-credits, where Team Plasma plans to recruit more members and you can catch all the Sinnoh legends except Shaymin, Arceus, Darkrai, Cresselia, Manaphy and Phione

You can already battle Adeku after you've beaten N in the storyline, he's the Elite Four champion when you return to battle them again.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'd say the changes would be

-Pokemon OWs that follow you
    -Enhanced Storyline
    -Ability to catch Zoroark as well as both Dragons
    -Battling Adeku will end the story, not beating Geechisu (as someone already said)
    -Battle subway enhanced
    -Acsess to both Black City AND White forest
    -Revamped GL and Rival Teams
    -Get to fight Iris and Shaga in a double battle.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I'd say the changes would be

-Pokemon OWs that follow you
    -Enhanced Storyline
    -Ability to catch Zoroark as well as both Dragons
    -Battling Adeku will end the story, not beating Geechisu (as someone already said)
    -Battle subway enhanced
    -Acsess to both Black City AND White forest
    -Revamped GL and Rival Teams
    -Get to fight Iris and Shaga in a double battle.
    The probability of Black City and White Forest both being available is highly unlikely as they would have to add a completely new area to the map, create new coding (tons of it) and so on. Just too much work. More than likely they will just add a new area based on that game, or create a mix of both Black City and White Forest.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I really hope that in the third game, they lower the levels of trainers and when Pokemon evolve, because every trainer you face after the end of the game has Pokemon that are level 63 or 65 and are as strong as the Elite Four, not to mention the amount of unreasonable evolutions such as, well, here's a list of every non Legendary Pokemon after Chillarmy and Chirachino, bolded are the ones I find most ridiculous:

Spoiler:

Seriously, while I find ones like Gabite into Garchomp reasonable (because they're ubers), many of these ones are not even uber at all, and yet they evolve at unreasonably high levels (the last two being the most triumphant examples of all of these), so they should lower these a few levels lower, here's how the bolded ones should be:

Spoiler:

With the exception of Komatama into Kirikizan, I simply lowered them 10 levels down, because they were just ridiculously too high.....

I also hope (I pray to God that this will happen) that they make Zorua and Zoroark obtainable in game, even as the starter, this is my biggest complaint about Black and White (thanks a freaking lot Nintendork) is that they made them event only (I just ask WHY THE HELL MAKE THEM EVENT ONLY, was it because people were comparing them to Lucario and didn't want them to be "abused" like Lucario is, yeah, I'm going with that belief), if they keep them event only, then I shall tie up Satoru Iwata while I'm dressed up like N and throw him off from the roof of the Sears Tower, laughing evilly in the process (ok, not really, but I will be pissed off at him for doing so)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Forget Kyurem and the genie, if the game is to be called Crimson, then the main Pokemon will most likely be an alternate forme of Zoroark with godlike powers over an alternate dimension.....
    Yeah well the chances of that are low...
    Also Crimson (red) can be seen as the opposite of Blue which Kyurem also has a lot of, and the first two Mascots got their opposite shade as the name for the game...

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Third Game legendary will be Kyuremu

Wuji is the lack of Yin and Yang. I bet that Reshiram and Zekrom are either destroyed, or locked away. Once they are gone there will be Wuji. The world will freeze over without electricity or fire (plasma) and Kyuremu will appear. Most likely Plasma would do this to start the world over.

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

Another possibility is that Plasma gains both Reshiram and Zekrom and they use them for their plans. Kyuremu would appear to reset the balance.

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I don't know the japanese names well, but I'm guessing the third one is that ice-type dragon?

I kind of figured it would be that one, after I found out that Genosect wouldn't be the third legendary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back