• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    If the title is going to be pokemon "gray" then maybe the mascot is Chillarmy! *shot*

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    The game will be Pokèmon Grey, and Kyuremu wil surely be the mascot, to be captured like Reshiram/Zekrom, and they will be foundable in two new places at level 75.
    Also, both Torunerosu and Borunerosu will be foundable within the same game.
    And for the Gym Leaders... the first gym will be a Rotation Battle with the three monkeys versus the player, and the last gym will be a Double Battle with both Iris and Shaga.
    And i hope that Kerudio, Meloetta and Genosekuto will be normally available, at least one of them, maybe via choosing, like the Arceus event in HG/SS.
    Also, because the mascot is Dragon/Ice, most of Isshu areas will be hail.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Well, technically no, because Suicune is a mascot and was just in an event. And by Event, people mean wondercards, i.e Gen IV-V Pokemon, not ones in the days before Wi-fi.

And this is B&W we're talking about. What was true in the previous games no longer applies.
    Well this gen didn't change that much from past gens...it still has the normal pokemon, a bird pokemon at the beggining of the road. We still have a duo, the evil team still wants the legendary mascot, they also we got a bunch of clones of past pokemon, not much change if you ask me...
    Yeah I meant a wondercard or ticket event like with Darkrai, Deoxys, etc.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

Yeah but Genosect is an Event Pokemon, No event Pokemon has been a Mascot (though I think Celebi should have been the Mascot of the third version to GS...)

There is always a first time for everything, so why not put an event as a mascot? We don't know the details of the Genosect event, they could be holding it for a third game exclusive event.
    Before Gen.3, we had Suicunne and Pikachu, neither of them complimented their previous games like Emerald and Platinum.

Well this gen didn't change that much from past gens...it still has the normal pokemon, a bird pokemon at the beggining of the road. We still have a duo, the evil team still wants the legendary mascot, they also we got a bunch of clones of past pokemon, not much change if you ask me...
    Yeah I meant a wondercard or ticket event like with Darkrai, Deoxys, etc.

And we have changes, a first gym leader that depends on what starter you choose, a pure dragon line, version exclusive areas.... there are some clones from previous generations, but there are also a whole lot of new pokemon.

Last edited:

Years

There is always a first time for everything, so why not put an event as a mascot? We don't know the details of the Genosect event, they could be holding it for a third game exclusive event.
    Before Gen.3, we had Suicunne and Pikachu, neither of them complimented their previous games like Emerald and Platinum.

And we have changes, a first gym leader that depends on what starter you choose, a pure dragon line, version exclusive areas.... there are some clones from previous generations, but there are also a whole lot of new pokemon.
    Well true but that was the first two gen's also Pikachu was based on the Anime Starter and Suicune had a connection to Ho-oh. Also if any Event pokemon should have been a Mascot I think should have been Arceus in Gen 4...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Genosect wont work because you have to be able to obtain the pokemon in game, through the story mode, not through some event. Soryy but that will never, ever happen. Plus Genosect in my opinion isn't mascot quality.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Genosect wont work because you have to be able to obtain the pokemon in game, through the story mode, not through some event. Soryy but that will never, ever happen. Plus Genosect in my opinion isn't mascot quality.

It is theorized that Genosect is an event simply because it doesn't appear in the main storyline of Black/White, but it could simply be available only in Grey through ingame play.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

It is theorized that Genosect is an event simply because it doesn't appear in the main storyline of Black/White, but it could simply be available only in Grey through ingame play.

>.> i hope taht the name will be a lil bit cooler then gray :/
    Well at first I thought that the mascot will be that ice dragon poke, but then, genosect is a very good bet too. You know mix between ancient and technology.
    The event stuff doesnt matter, they can easily add him ingame, the only thing that kyuuremu has and genosect doesnt is dragon type, since the first 2 are dragons, kyuu would fit more.
    I hope it turns out that ground flying genie since he is separated in the pokedex from his 2 other pals and positioned right after zekro/reshi

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    One thing i can see happening is them calling Pokemon Grey. I know it sounds dull but what else can they go for.

I would also think that it would be similar to Platinum. Some pokemon you can only obtain in black and white and not the third game. Just like in Platinum you can't get misdreavous unless you trade it from pearl or diamond. Whichever one it is.

There will obviously be a new legendary. On the cover no doubt and it will be like Isshu myths and legends speak of another pokemon blah blah blah same as platinum

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    I here Kyuremu
    will be the 3rd cover pokemon

if you don't know what it looks like search it on a browser like google or yahoo

Last edited:

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
    Black and White launching with 3DS in UK/US?

As we all know, a new system usually means a new generation of pokemon but of course Nintendo would be stupid to make it just 3DS compatible, but gold and silver were compatible with game boy and game boy color, and then the third only color. So I'm thinking that Black and White could be released along with the 3DS then the third game which is released in a year or so, might only be 3DS/DSi compatible if enough people buy the new system?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Rather than locking this for a lack of discussion, I feel the discussion could best occur based around the 3DS and its relation to the third game (since the old B/W delayed for 3DS thread died, but this doesn't really cover it so yeah).

Years
    Well, for one, I don't think that they will have any problems selling the 3DS. It's pretty much a given that it's going to sell well. However, it's going to take a little while before kids will be able to get it, since the high price point will make it more of a system for high schoolers on up. And since one of the major audiences for Pokemon is grade-school children, I can see one of two options happening:

1) Pokemon "gray" is the same type of game as B/W, that is, a DS game with DSi enhancements.
    2) Two versions are sold: a DS version and a 3DS version.

Also, what do you think the chances are of them adding in new pokemon in the third game? Like, expanding the pokedex with 20 more creatures. They had some really good ideas for pokemon in Gen V, and I'd like to see some of them expanded upon. I know it's probably unlikely, but there's no doubt that it'd cause the third game to sell more.

As far as the mascot discussion goes, please remember that the "third game" in the first generation was BLUE, not Yellow. We just never really got Red/Green. Yellow was more of a side thought. And I agree with whoever said that Celebi should have been the mascot, not Suicune. But I just don't see Genosect happening. I think Kyurem is really kind of a given.

Years
    Well, for one, I don't think that they will have any problems selling the 3DS. It's pretty much a given that it's going to sell well. However, it's going to take a little while before kids will be able to get it, since the high price point will make it more of a system for high schoolers on up. And since one of the major audiences for Pokemon is grade-school children, I can see one of two options happening:

1) Pokemon "gray" is the same type of game as B/W, that is, a DS game with DSi enhancements.
    2) Two versions are sold: a DS version and a 3DS version.

Also, what do you think the chances are of them adding in new pokemon in the third game? Like, expanding the pokedex with 20 more creatures. They had some really good ideas for pokemon in Gen V, and I'd like to see some of them expanded upon. I know it's probably unlikely, but there's no doubt that it'd cause the third game to sell more.

As far as the mascot discussion goes, please remember that the "third game" in the first generation was BLUE, not Yellow. We just never really got Red/Green. Yellow was more of a side thought. And I agree with whoever said that Celebi should have been the mascot, not Suicune. But I just don't see Genosect happening. I think Kyurem is really kind of a given.
    I was the one who said Celebi should have been the mascot...especially considering you need the GS ball to get it...
    Ontopic: Yeah it's almost a given that Kyurem is a going to be the Mascot of "Grey" and I can totally see it gain another forme in the third version like Giratina did...and it's other forme would have a similar ability to Rashiram and Zekrom which would be the Opposite to what happened with Giratina who's Origin forme's special Ability was different than Dialga and Palkia. Also it's base stat would be equal to Rashi and Zek's.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Will Black City and White Forest stop a third game?

I was thinking about this before, if a third 5th Gen Pokemon game is announced how will they work around Black City and White Forest?

It wouldn't really work to have both in (where would they go?), but you couldn't just use one either (the third game is suppose to include everything+extras), so your left with the the option of having somewhere new, but that ends up making it just the same as the first two rather than a complete/extended version of the originals.

So what do you think, will they put White Forest to the outskirts of Black City, just add one of the areas, remove them both and add somewhere new, or have GameFreak/Nintendo blocked themselves out of been able to make a third game?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Maybe a mix of a forest and a city. Like an abandoned city or a city built around a forest.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with third game speculation.

I think that both areas will be included in the third game and there will be a third area, which represents something ice-age based, or something along those lines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back