• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I sort of re-post if I think my post was missed but it's probably because it's irrelevant :(

I remember when this website, though untrustworthy, showed fan-art of what an "insider" I think, said Reshiram and Zekrom's counterpart would look like. It looked like an Ice type and it also had three heads. After Kyurem was revealed, the drawing disregarded. However, this has me thinking, if Reshiram and Zekrom were one Pokémon, they'd have one head each, then the last head, the middle one, would be Kyurem. The Boundary Pokemon, keeping the two apart. So when Reshiram and Zekrom got separated, it Kyurem was left behind. but maybe the God Stone can return it to the three headed forme.

Post I'm talking about. Kyurem's wings could be from were Reshiram and Zekrom broke off.

Anywho, I'm going for Grey, with and "e". The "e" makes it sound grayer xD And I don't like Opal. For one, Kyurem has nothing "Opal" about it (Giratina's grey parts looked Platinum :P) and Opal doesn't fit in with the simplicity of Black and White. I actually really want to see a Pokémon Grey and I want it to be the third version to Black and White.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    To be fair (on GF/Nintendo's defence), most of the stuff we all have discussed has been based on rumours. XD Actually... I'm not sure if there is anything we all speculated on (besides Snivy) that actually came true and wasn't based on a rumour, like MRAS said. Hi GameFreak :D
    Haha I wouldnt be suprised if they were secretly keeping an eye on these forums. The businessman has to listen to its customers at some point! Why do you think the surfing was faster in Platinum? xD Either they listened to people complain or a lightbulb sparked in their brain.

Opal does have more ~spark~ or shine, whatevs, to it than Grey does, so I'd say it is somewhat likely anyway. Oh and MRAS, Platinum/Crystal didn't match up with Diamond/Pearl and Gold/Silver--actually you have confused me. XD I still think there's a chance that it won't be Grey, but then again if it is Grey, I won't be surprised.
    ↑ I thought I was the only one who thought this! That just goes to show you that GF doesn't choose the obvious, Im looking at you Gray! You are too obvious to the world :3

Anddd secret bases would just point to a R/S remake, but since imo, R/S remakes will come after "Grey", it's...okay possible. I wonder if people actually think there will be something like a Pokewalker in the third game.
    Didnt GF say something at a press meeting about the pokewalker post-heartgold/soulsilver? They said about "enhancing" it later on in the future. Im guessing someone brought up the question: "Will the pokewalker be used in other games?" My thought is that only the remakes will get an accessory; like FRLG got the wireless adaptor, and HGSS got the pokewalker. Then again GF likes to spice things up :]

I actually think grey is too obvious.
    ↑ yay Im not the only one!

I sort of re-post if I think my post was missed but it's probably because it's irrelevant :(

Anywho, I'm going for Grey, with and "e". The "e" makes it sound grayer xD And I don't like Opal. For one, Kyurem has nothing "Opal" about it (Giratina's grey parts looked Platinum :P) and Opal doesn't fit in with the simplicity of Black and White. I actually really want to see a Pokémon Grey and I want it to be the third version to Black and White.
    Bah! I cannot quote within a quote xD But that idea of Kyurem having three heads and two of them being Reshiram and Zekrom is freaking awesome. If thats the case then I take back everything I said about Kyurem!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Most Pokemon game names have been gemstones.

But this Generation, they tried colors, maybe Pokemon didn't have gemstones that go together, so they decided that Black and White would be nice names. If that is the reason why they chose those names, then the third games name is going to be Opal. Why? Because they may have had great gemstones to chose but not many that get the new feeling they wanted people to have at the announcement of these games. Maybe the colors just suited them. But if Nintendo/GF people found some great gemstones, to use, they'll probably use them for the third game because:
    1. They like the name
    2. Its a unexpected because most people are expecting a different color.

HOWEVER, if the reason they chose the names Black and White was because they were already thinking of going with Black and White, and not considering a gemstone, then it will probably be grey. Just because it makes more sense since it is a mix of both. And that the first two were colors so the third one is too.

Remember these are just my guesses and they are probably wrong.XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

To be fair (on GF/Nintendo's defence), most of the stuff we all have discussed has been based on rumours. XD Actually... I'm not sure if there is anything we all speculated on (besides Snivy) that actually came true and wasn't based on a rumour, like MRAS said. Hi GameFreak :D

Opal does have more ~spark~ or shine, whatevs, to it than Grey does, so I'd say it is somewhat likely anyway. Oh and MRAS, Platinum/Crystal didn't match up with Diamond/Pearl and Gold/Silver--actually you have confused me. XD I still think there's a chance that it won't be Grey, but then again if it is Grey, I won't be surprised.

Anddd secret bases would just point to a R/S remake, but since imo, R/S remakes will come after "Grey", it's...okay possible. I wonder if people actually think there will be something like a Pokewalker in the third game.
    You miss read I said the even (as in GSC and DPP) ones don't match up but the odd one's all match their theme like RBY (all colors) and RSE (all precious gems) and BWG (will be all Shades). So like you said Grey wouldn't be surprising if they go with it...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I actually really want a 3 headed Kyurem. This will make it able to learn those hidden moves as one head will be the Cold Flare Reshiram and the other the Freeze Bolt Zekrom. I just wonder if the 3 Pokemon will merge or if the God Stone will return Kyurem to its Origin Forme, the one Pokemon they once were. Also, I said 3 headed Kyurem forme here first =3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It would be funny in a way if the third game doesn't turn out to be Pokemon Grey/Gray. Since so many people are assuming it.

Grey is probably the most obvious conclusion to come to, but do game freak want to go with the obvious? I'd imagine they could have come up with Pokemon Grey in the first 10 minutes of brainstorming....or even less.

Also, why would Kyurem have an "origin forme"? Giratina is the only pokemon that has an origin forme...

Many pokemon have alternative forms....but they're not all called origin formes.

Years
    It would be funny in a way if the third game doesn't turn out to be Pokemon Grey/Gray. Since so many people are assuming it.

Grey is probably the most obvious conclusion to come to, but do game freak want to go with the obvious? I'd imagine they could have come up with Pokemon Grey in the first 10 minutes of brainstorming....or even less.

Also, why would Kyurem have an "origin forme"? Giratina is the only pokemon that has an origin forme...

Many pokemon have alternative forms....but they're not all called origin formes.
    Most likely Kyurem's alternate form will be God forme named after the "God stone"...eh...that would make the Arceus = God debate interesting...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't know how many of you actually pay attention to Best Wishes, but what I would like to see incorporated from Best Wishes into the third game would be Battle Club and Don George character. I think Battle Club could at the very least be used as Battleground was in Platinum for a rematch against Gym Leaders/Tag Partners. So they can apply that to the third game for the gym leaders, since I would like to see rematches for them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I doubt they would include something introduced in the anime....even when they made Pokemon Yellow it wasn't exactly that faithful to the anime series.

Years
    That that i would want from the third version would be gym leader rematches like heartgold soulsilver,more triple battles and battle frontier or at least battle subway to have trible battles

Years
    The third version will most likely have rematches since both E and Pt had them and were the third versions to their generations new region duo games, though I wonder if they will go the E,Pt or HgSs route?

solarowl

Years
    I'm thinking Kyurem will have a different form but maybe without the heads. I imagine Kyurems new form flying with its wings, but if I imagine it with two more heads, it reminds me too much of Sazandora. XD

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Kyurem could grow ice armor and large ice wings in its second forme, possibly losing it legs. Two, three, or even four heads would be interesting too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait what? XD

...does Kyurem really need more than one head? Cause this generation we've got Sazando covering it, so having another Pokemon with more than one head seems less... I don't know the word!

I like the ice armour idea though, that's likely.

solarowl

Years
    I misread part of your post and thought you said that you thought Kyurem would be headless or something.

...And I thought "omg that is so cool" but how it would lose it's head? ): And it would be awkward at the same time. xDD

Ice armour is okay, if it's like, covering it's entire body or something and it's wings.
    I think there should be Ice Armor on its back and have several icicle-like spikes on its back. :D

Years

Kyurem would probably lose it's "hands" and probably change a few of it's body parts around, I dunno, I'm basing this off of how Giratina changed from it's Original form to it's Origin Form and stuff. @_@ The one thing I can see most likely happening is losing it's claws/hands/whatever, though.
    This is possible after the past two third version mascots don't have legs (not counting Giratina's Alternate forme) and it's hands can transform similar to Reshiram's "wings"

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lol Derk.

MRAS: Pikachu and Suicune say hi.

Anyway, I think Kyurem may look a lot larger, since if you compare it to Reshiram/Zekrom, it looks tiny and... best suited to a mascot if it's larger? :(

Years
    lol Derk.

MRAS: Pikachu and Suicune say hi.

Anyway, I think Kyurem may look a lot larger, since if you compare it to Reshiram/Zekrom, it looks tiny and... best suited to a mascot if it's larger? :(
    Opps forgot to put two instead of all :embarrass
    Blastoise/Pikachu and Suicune say hi to you too (they are small mascots)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back