• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I think it's rather inevitable that they'll make a third game for B/W, if they follow the pattern they've forged for themselves since the days of R/B/Y. It'll most likely be called Pokemon Gray (or Grey, whichever they decide if they do choose that as the name), and as others have said, probably Kyurem will be the version mascot. Touya and Touko will probably receive redesigns, gym leaders will have animated sprites, blah blah blah... All the typical things that normally happen in third versions will probably happen in the new third one.

They could do something cool with some of the current legendaries... Not sure what, though...

IIRC Gym Leaders all ready have animated sprites...?

Anyway, I hope the battle frontier is left out! I really don't like it. Emerald I adored it. Platinum I loved it since it was new. HG/SS they were just recycling now. u.u

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• IIRC Gym Leaders all ready have animated sprites...?

Anyway, I hope the battle frontier is left out! I really don't like it. Emerald I adored it. Platinum I loved it since it was new. HG/SS they were just recycling now. u.u
    Gym leaders in BW don't have animated Sprites no more so they are likely to return in Grey.

I like the battle frontier, I hope they make a new one plus this time it's not likely to be recycled as RSE had it's own BF that can be used for it's remakes ;)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

IIRC Gym Leaders all ready have animated sprites...?

I'm pretty sure the Battle Frontier being the same in Platinum and HGSS was because of compatibility issues. Though that's what I remember reading, could be completely false.

Years
  • I hope they give Genosect a new forme too to match with Deoxys and Arceus which had different formes and were the last members of their Gen's National dex.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I fell like the Battle subway is more of a replacement of the Battle tower and it will be expanded in the third version like the Battle tower of RS/DP were in E and P
    I really want an expansion of the Battle Subway. Maybe an Underground City to go with it?

Also I would like to see the return of gym leaders from various regions like they did with Heartgold and Soulsilver; Crasher Wake randomly popping up on route 47. That made me laugh :3 Of course no gym leaders from Hoenn should make an apperance just yet.

Years
  • I really want an expansion of the Battle Subway. Maybe an Underground City to go with it?

Also I would like to see the return of gym leaders from various regions like they did with Heartgold and Soulsilver; Crasher Wake randomly popping up on route 47. That made me laugh :3 Of course no gym leaders from Hoenn should make an appearance just yet.
    It would be better if one gym leader of Hoenn returns just like Jasmine did in DPP ;)
    I noticed that if this game is really called Grey it will be the second grey colored third version in a row first was Platinum (platinum is a grey color) though Platinum was fun to play despite the color it's name implied so for those people who worry about Grey being a dull title remember that a dull sounding title doesn't always mean a dull game :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

It would be better if one gym leader of Hoenn returns just like Jasmine did in DPP ;)
    I noticed that if this game is really called Grey it will be the second grey colored third version in a row first was Platinum (platinum is a grey color) though Platinum was fun to play despite the color it's name implied so for those people who worry about Grey being a dull title remember that a dull sounding title doesn't always mean a dull game :)

Saying the first line throws it off somewhat. HG/SS remake hints were in all three games and something as obvious as a gym leader returning would well, be in all three games of Generation 5.

...you have a point on the second part. But Grey just seems obvious and if they go with that, it seems like they haven't explored other options enough, though from the English names we've gotten, it seems they're less likely to go the obvious way (for example Wargle > Braviary, completely unexpected) and might just go with Opal as some of us are hoping. And if they did pick Opal it wouuuuld break the chain of grey colours and would continue on the gem confusion - like D/P/ P and G/S/ C and then maybe B/W / O.~

Years

• Saying the first line throws it off somewhat. HG/SS remake hints were in all three games and something as obvious as a gym leader returning would well, be in all three games of Generation 5.

...you have a point on the second part. But Grey just seems obvious and if they go with that, it seems like they haven't explored other options enough, though from the English names we've gotten, it seems they're less likely to go the obvious way (for example Wargle > Braviary, completely unexpected) and might just go with Opal as some of us are hoping. And if they did pick Opal it wouuuuld break the chain of grey colours and would continue on the gem confusion - like D/P/ P and G/S/ C and then maybe B/W / O.~
    Well they did go with Snivy which was obvious so they might also go with Grey plus there are hints towards Grey one of them being N saying how the world was turning "Grey" the names have to do with the view of the interaction between humans and Pokemon what will Opal have to do with the interaction between Humans and Pokemon?
    Plus Grey is a mix of Black (Pokemon seeing as it's mascot is natural looking) and White (Humans seeing as it's mascot is artificial looking) finally Kyurem will be the mascot of it seeing it's shading and how it looks kind of natural but yet artificial (well to me it does).

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Forever's like the only one who wants Opal xD Could you please edit the poll (I made xD) to make it a "Which name would you like for the third game" poll. You could have Gra(e)y, Opal, Chrome... etc :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Saying the first line throws it off somewhat. HG/SS remake hints were in all three games and something as obvious as a gym leader returning would well, be in all three games of Generation 5.

Hahaha Gem confusion. xD Im cool with anything but Grey. Game Freak is smarter and more creative than that. Dont prove me wrong GF!

General Bloodbane

General of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Pokemon Slate? But odds are I can see them calling it Pokemon Grey, since the 3rd legendary is grey in color

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • So I'd be confident in guessing Spring 2012.
    Agreed. During that gap I will be expecting a new Mystery Dungeon from Chunsoft. That will keep me entertained for awhile. But it makes me think. Will they announce the 3rd game first like they did with Platinum? Or will they announce the remakes before the 3rd game like they did with Firered and Leafgreen?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok lets say the third game will be on the 3DS, i was just reading about pilotwings resort and how its gonna be the first game to use mii characters in the game. Now i know how some people wanted customization in the pokemon games , so would you guys like if the game had the ability to take your mii and use it as the games main character?(of course the mii character would look similar in graphics as normal pokemon characters in the game)

Lol didnt mean to go off topic but in response to Glitchcity , since the remakes would be third gen remakes it wouldnt surprise me if they kept that pattern of releasing the remakes first then the 3rd game.

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • This is just me, but I don't think the third game would have anything to do with Kyurem's color or anything. .___.; I'm thinking it's probably going to be more to it than that.

True, but I think the reason Kyurem is Gray is that GameFreak's planning to name the next game Gray.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    most likely first gym will be triple battle, last gym will be double, mascot hmm i guessing the dragon/ice type its the only one that makes sense. that's all im thinking right now

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Well if it's one thing I wanna see in the third games it would have to be gym leader rematches. As for a name, I'll have to agree with a lot of people and say "gray" or maybe something around that color and kyurem should be the mascot because his pokedex body color confirms him as gray.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I think that the first gym will be the same as B/W but in the rematch it will be triple battle because it will be very hard if it was triple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back