• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I think Masuda hit the nail in the coffin for the name of the 3rd version. Someone asked when Gray was coming out and he said he will not answer that. So how does he know lol?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I think Masuda hit the nail in the coffin for the name of the 3rd version. Someone asked when Gray was coming out and he said he will not answer that. So how does he know lol?
    I think this is a hint that there's going to be third game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They don't have any reason to stop making third games. It's a business strategy that has made them money for the past 15 years, so they have no reason to fix what's not broken.

While it's true that the third versions have never reached even half of the sales of the original games, they're still multi-million selling games, which is no joke.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    This thread gained like 40+ pages since I last visited it. Well I'm going to restate this; I don't see a need for a 3rd game for Unova, but it would be nice if they could expand on it. There were some parts of the game where I wish there was more to. For example, more of a back story on the underwater ruins.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The only features I'd like to see is Gym Rematches and an expansion for Plasma, Ghetis and Shadow Triad, other than that I'm happy the way BW is. I'm more for an RS remake than anything right now.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Oh yes and the trio, they only popped up about 3-4 times throughout the game without giving any details of them. Where did they come from? How did they come in contact with Team Plasma? Where are they now? And it would be a treat if we were to battle with them.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Exactly, I think thats why they left that conspiracy open for the third game, a triple battle eventually with them would be good!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Also battle 3 different trainers instead of one, like emerald.

Yeah, I was expecting there to be a triplet or a Pop,mom,daughter/son class (similar to the Dad and daughter people who battle you in Sinnoh), hopefully they add them in, third versions before have added in new trainer classes in the past so it's possible.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Storyline-wise, I feel there's much more to be known. the story in of itself was good, but, it felt ruched to me at the end. I agree with the Shadow Triad thing though...they need to be expanded upon I believe.

Gepgraphically, there are either areas that, to me, feel empty (route north of Castelia, think it's 4), provide very little backstory (Challenger's Cave), or both (Undella Ruins).

Oh, and other than Gym Leader rematches, Game Freak cramed in a lot of replayablility.I had as much things to do and overall fun with these games than previous ones (except HGSS).

Years
    They should put Keldeo in challenger's cave seeing as how it was trained there plus it's quite close to the forest that burned (the place with tons of water) or possibly be in the spring cave which had no in game reason for existing...
    Also they should make it so that Genosect can be captured in either route 17 or 18. As for Meloetta,it should be the girl in That town with the trains in disquise...

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    No 3rd game, Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
    =D
    LOL. Joking, but is there any new game coming out this year? September 2011 - June 2012.
    Thats the "Pokemon" timeline for me. =D

blue

gucci
    Years
    Third Game Speculation

So this is the line-up for this years annual Japanese Jump Festa which takes place 16th & 17th December 2011. For those of you who don't know, this is an annual exposition about anime, manga etc. and New movies, manga, games, and merchandise are introduced during this event.

This year is the first year that The Pokémon Company will be attending which is intrieguing because by the looks of things they have an important announcement to make, so if it wasn't a big announcement why would they attend? Also, it's the perferct time for revealing the third game/RS Remakes as they both are fitted to be released mid 2012. I mean I could be totally wrong and it could be TV related, but by the looks of things.. I think were in for a big surprise.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's the 17th to 18th of December.

If they were smart they would use this event to announce a Pokémon game slightly earlier than normal, because the 17th is the release date of the PS Vita.

However there's no guarantee at all it is anything related to the main game series.

Years
    well they said they had a big surprise when they just ended up revealing another spin off in that jp show...so I learned to get my hopes up...
    By the way, around what time do they usually announce the new main games?
    I think it might be Grey if they do announce something seeing how they're advertising Kyurem in their card game packs so early on, also they didn't show a new movie trailer which leads me to believe the next movie with have Kyurem's alternate form like Giratina and the Sky Bouquet:Shaymin.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, like I said I could be totally wrong because there are other things it could be and thanks for the date correction. I just see that being a perfect opportunity to announce one of the two but we'll just have to wait.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    We haven't talked about the two heroes and the possibility of N having a twin lately. If he does, what role would he play in the Third game? With so many unanswered question this games looks to be jam packed of storyline =D Hopefully worth this long wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back