• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • My main concern is how Black/White/Grey and remakes of R/E/S would work with each other. Because it is a diffrent continent self to speak. Youa ren't gonan see Unova pokemon in Hoenn. But I really really want a new R/S/E I miss it a lot.

The main series games will probably stay on normal DS. Graphics are fine as is. If they put Grey and remakes for 3DS,it is lible to be a faitle mistake for the games in my eyes.

Years
  • Has anyone played the 3ds, best effort : street fighter. Hopfully gamefreak acknowleges the flaws that can come along with producing a series as highly respected as pokemon that you can grant the expereience and the profit consumtion with one stroke.
    I see it going in multiple directions
    We get grey dsi and r/s remake 3ds
    We get r/s dsi and grey 3d
    **we get grey dsi and r/s dsi 3d enhanced versions

Ppl if pokemon squanders its greatness in nintendos fluke ,(3ds), than I hate to be the first of many loyal fans but I will say salute, and give my 30/30 percent pokenon calll of duty a full 60 to my mw3

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think 3DS wasn't even meant to be for mainstream 5 gen's games. In fact it has better graphics and sound than Wii, so this means 3DS is meant for more advanced Pokemon games just like Gamecube in gen 3 and Wii in gen 4. I guess mainstream games in gen 5 will be still for DS.

3DS is revolutionary because it has better graphics and sound than Nintendo's home consoles and is a handheld.

Check this video and you will see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVETRohXnrg

Also notice that every Nintendo's full 3d console was released approximately 5 years after another.
    N64 - 1996
    Gamecube - 2001
    Wii - 2006
    3DS - 2011

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • It's wii u not 3ds. Handhelds are completely different plus handhelds are not consoles.

Yes, they are. Handheld game consoles. I wish succeeding Pokemon Games (that are similar to RBY GSC RSE DPPt HGSS and BW) would still be on the regular DS consoles (DS/Lite/i/i XL).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yes, they are. Handheld game consoles. I wish succeeding Pokemon Games (that are similar to RBY GSC RSE DPPt HGSS and BW) would still be on the regular DS consoles (DS/Lite/i/i XL).

The DS is looked to be fully discontinued in the next 2 years. Which is actually a pretty good run for any system made by Nintendo seeing as as soon as the newest system is made they kill off the old one within a few months time.

I know my department received a notice that showed estimated sales on the DSi and DSiXL to drop within the next year in favor for the 3DS and sales pretty much completely stop in a year after that. We also received notice that They wouldn't be able to order new models after an untold month in 2014.

The DS release list has already taken a huge hit. There aren't many new DS game titles up on release here in America, mostly going to be third rate games that are usually released at about $20. Right now its a count down until the death of the DS series and the full start of the 3DS series.

Honestly the Third Game has a really decent chance of coming out for the 3DS based on the production rate of the current games if we don't get it this year. Nobunaga's Revenge is gunna be what? March Release at the earliest? That would get it to us around Christmas? Maybe if we are lucky?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Honestly the Third Game has a really decent chance of coming out for the 3DS based on the production rate of the current games if we don't get it this year. Nobunaga's Revenge is gunna be what? March Release at the earliest? That would get it to us around Christmas? Maybe if we are lucky?

The concept of black and white is the concept of two drastically different individual ideas being juxtaposed against one another, much like good and bad, natural and artificial, and reality and fantasy. Black and White is consistent with those themes throughout the game. There are also many instances throughout the game where confuse black for white and white for black, much like Team Plasma's objectives. Gray is the merging of two different ideas mixed together into one singular, diverse idea. Though we tend to view the world in the two most fundamentally different colors, black and white, we need to realize that there is a spectrum of different shades between the two, also knowns as the gray. As I'm 99% positive that the next main-series game to be released is going to be Pokemon Gray, we will build upon this idea more.

One of the most notable ways to build upon the idea of two becoming one (much like Kyurem will likely have a form composed of both Reshiram and Zekrom) is by having the option to play Pokemon Gray on either the Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS. Gamefreak may either produce two separate versions of Gray, one for the Nintendo DS and another compatible with Nintendo 3DS, or, most likely, produce Pokemon Gray so then it operates fine on the Nintendo DS, but also take full advantage of the features on the Nintendo 3DS if played on the Nintendo 3DS (much like how Pokemon Gold and Silver, though made for Gameboy Color, can actually be used with the original Gameboy). I suspect that Nintendo, in order to maximize profits, will likely market the game for Nintendo 3DS by having the box labeled for Nintendo 3DS, even though it can still run on a Nintendo DS (Pokemon Crystal actually did something similar- its box says its for Gameboy Color, but the back also says it is compatible with the Gameboy Advance, which was just being released at the time of Crystal's release). This helps convey the idea that this current generation of Pokemon is a "transitional generation"- a Pokemon generation where no pair of systems is established to be the system mostly associated with that generation. Eventually, when the Ruby/Sapphire remakes come along, Nintendo or Gamefreak may just decide that the Nintendo 3DS is popular/widespread enough that they don't have to make it compatible with the Nintendo DS and only release the remakes for the Nintendo 3DS.

Though this will sound absolutely not-going-to-happen, but I [would like to] believe that Pokemon Gray will actually connect Pokemon Black and White to other generations. As said earlier, the concept of black and white are about pure this and completely that. Black and White, at least before the Elite Four, only feature generation V pokemon. In Gray, I think we'll start to have a few more pokemon from the previous generations migrate their way to Western Unova. We already have earlier Pokemon inhabiting the Eastern side of Unova, as well as being available via fishing and swarms, so by Gray, it seems natural for older Pokemon to have mixed with the newer Pokemon. And, as much as I know deep down that this just isn't going to happen, it would be awesome if Gray connected generation V to generations I-IV by adding evolutionary connections with Pokemon from generations I-IV. Namely, Luvdisc will get a way to evolve into Alomomola, and Pachirisu will be able to evolve into Emolga. Those four Pokemon are too similar to each other (well, not Luvdisc and Alomomola to Pachirisu and Emolga) to not be related. A pink, heart-shaped fish isn't related to a larger pink, heart-shaped fish? Yeah...

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    You're looking too far into this concept of Black and White. It's highly unlikely that we'll get a dual-mode 3DS game let alone new Pokémon RPG titles (hereby referred to as Pocket Monsters titles) on the DS. Unlike that of the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, the architectures between the DS and 3DS are very different and would require separate programming for both titles - it'd be like having a 3DS and DS game in the same card, in which case you're better off splitting them. And that's not happening either.

Why won't that be happening? Because there's little value in splitting the development efforts to two separate games and maintaining two separate codebases for what's essentially the same title.

Point about the structural differences between the Gameboy and Nintendo DS taken. Did not know that. However, Harvest Moon does sell two versions of their latest Nintendo DS game "The Tale of Two Towns"- one for Nintendo DS, and the other for Nintendo 3DS. However, Natsume, the translator and distributor of English versions of Harvest Moon also sells the two versions at different prices.

The Nintendo 3DS does have backwards compatibility with Nintendo DS games, as well as a switch to decrease or turn off the 3D effects. I would think that a game would be compatible with both systems without having to sacrifice taking advantage of the new features offered on the newer system.

Wow, you come off as angry and scary to me! You are a site admin after all, and your avatar looks like he's passionately objecting to every word in my post...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I wonder how Grey and/or R/S remakes would look like if they really will be released for 3DS. If Game Freak want to use 3DS potential, those games will must be changed drastically comparing to B/W, making them look like from another generation. I'm not sure if they would like to reprogram B/W, in order to create Grey, to completely different console during the same generation. Otherwise, if they will do that, it would be the first third game which is complete remake of previous paired games.

Namely, Luvdisc will get a way to evolve into Alomomola, and Pachirisu will be able to evolve into Emolga. Those four Pokemon are too similar to each other (well, not Luvdisc and Alomomola to Pachirisu and Emolga) to not be related. A pink, heart-shaped fish isn't related to a larger pink, heart-shaped fish? Yeah...

If that was meant to happen they would be able to evolve in B/W.
    In every generation there is at least one electric Pokemon based on Pikachu (with electric, colored cheeks).
    I think Alomomola was meant to be Luvdisc's evolution but this idea was abandoned due the fact that none of 5 gen Pokemon evolves to of from previous gen's Pokemon.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • True that 3DS will eventully take over. However when the 3DS came out,the only reason people got it was because of Zelda and within 2 months or so the price dropped. Which hasn't happened like that in a while,at least not that quick.

All in all they will have to do something 100% better in the pokemon games if they go to 3DS. B/W is already in 3Dish.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Third game mascot will be Audino, calling it now. I'm sure you all will think I'm just joking, but I have sincere reasons for believing this would be the case.

Consider how often Audino pops up in the rustling grass. Don't think that's completely random, or just the game trying to give generous amounts of exp - Gamefreak is sending the players a message. Those Audino are trying to contact you, which is why they appear so often and attempt to get your attention.

Audino's message will be the focus of the third game.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • True that 3DS will eventully take over. However when the 3DS came out,the only reason people got it was because of Zelda and within 2 months or so the price dropped..

I didn't buy my 3DS for Zelda, in fact, I only bought it the second time shopping for games after I got the 3DS. I bought it originally for Super Mario 3D Land and Mariokart 7. I then bought most of the DS generation pokemon games, but I think that releasing the third for 3DS would be logical. All the gamers who only have the 3DS cannot use global trades or anything like it if they aren't within a network with the right security setting, which I'm not. A game that supports WPA2 connectivity would be very helpful, plus it would look better in the 3DS. I've been around my cousin playing on his DSi long enough to realise that in the short time I've had my 3DS, it is so much better. Games are so much more enjoyable in my opinion through the 3DS andI think it would do a lot for the Pokemon games. I've been looking forward to a 3DS release since I started playing white, they're one step away graphics wise. 3D looking 2D just isn't the same.

And Pokemon Grey, doesn't sound like something they'd use. All the previous games have been definitive colours/objects. Primary colours, expensive jewels, precious metals. Why then follow polar opposite colours with an abiguous one. Wouldn't make sense. I do feel that a triple battle in the first gym would be good though. I haven't got far enough in the story to know about legendary pokemon or double gym battles, so can't speak on that. But 3D pokemon game, bring it on, and Grey? I doubt it.

Druyii

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Pokemon Grey, which main things?

I was just playing my Pokemon Black when a thought occurred to me. When Pokemon Grey comes out will Kyruem be the main legendary you catch to fight N? Or was it like in pokemon Emerald where you get Groudon like in Ruby. And, which legendary would N use if it was Kyreum, Zekrom or Reshiarm. AND would they make a new place like Grey Swamp for the game exclusive place? Or would it be Black City Or White Forest?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I could see N using both Reshiram and Zekrom during the final fight and Black City or White Forest replacing one of the towns in the eastern side of the region TBH. It would be nice if there was a new area like Grey Swamp though and especially nice if you could catch Reshiram and Zekrom after beating the game too.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I can imagine the exclusive location being Grey Village. It would basically be a cross between Black City where you can fight trainers and White Forest where you can capture wild Pokemon.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Battle Subway gets replaced by a Battle Frontier like in Emerald and Platinum.

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
  • its possible kyurem might be capturable at n's castle
    there would also be some graphic revamps like inside gyms and towns
    its possible that you can choose to get either black city or white forest
    they could be renamed gray city/forest
    bianca could something that there's this place called grey and she forgets the name
    you say the last part and there
    you just got gray city/ forest
    and yea a battle frontier

maybe there could be an item for kyurem at giant chasm
    kind of like the thing for giratina in platinum
    zekrom and reshiram can be found at dragonspiral tower
    cause you really cant access n castle after the game
    battle subway would introduce tri battle line and rotation battle line

and of course
    an upgrade to the pokemon sprites
    and movesets for pokemon (level, breeding, etc.)

Years
  • I actually really don't want it to be called Pokemon Gray. It just sounds so sad. I get that it's supposed to be "the gray in between right and wrong", but that doesn't mean it's a good or compelling title for a game.

Not that I won't buy it anyway.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I actually really don't want it to be called Pokemon Gray. It just sounds so sad. I get that it's supposed to be "the gray in between right and wrong", but that doesn't mean it's a good or compelling title for a game.

Not that I won't buy it anyway.

True never really thought of it. The only other thing I can think to name it though is possibly Pokemon Checkered which really sounds stupid. They could name it Pokemon YinYang sense the games are based on it and that the case could be the YinYang symbol with Kyreum in the middle.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well the story of Bw was kind of sad like the color grey...
    It's possible that the third version will be the last ds pokemon title and the remakes will start of pokemon's 3ds era (hey red (ruby) and blue (sapphire) represent 3d as they're the color's used for 3d glasses...)though I perfer that all three be for the 3ds as it'll greatly improve the graphics...plus gf has had a year, going to two, so it must have had time to make Grey 3d...
    Maybe they end up using the pokedex 3d models for unova and make new model's for the rest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back