• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Third trailer for 20th movie released — featuring Marshadow!

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I see what you mean, but pokemon has a habit of hinting at a lot of stuff, but it doesn't seem like a hint until what it hints at comes out. Look At it this way.

~ The Alola anime is a lot like Sinnoh right now. Don't want to spoil anything, so I won't. His teaming possibly being like Sinnoh. (This happened in XY as well, a lot of similarities between Kalos and Hoenn anime.)
    ~ The Incenaroar Trainer seems to be like Paul, like I said earlier. Thinking power is all that matters.
    ~ The girl has a Piplup, similar to Dawn. But also has Misty's hair style and is a tomboy.
    ~ Lucario is overused, but out of all the overused pokemon, why choose another Sinnoh pokemon?

I know that is a bit off topic, but just trying to explain what I think. But I know what you mean.

Also, do you guys think Ash will catch Charizard again? I kinda want him to, but then again I don't. I'd rather see Infernape and Incenaroar go at it. What other pokemon do you guys think he will catch in the movie? It seems that he catches Butterfree again.

True, as I said though piplup is loved by Japan. Lucario I'm betting is there to mega evolve since its the origins of it. I think they'll tie a lot into it from all the seasons and games. We shall see though.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Shinnoh Remakes 2019 on the Switch and I'm really thinking that with such major changes to the story, that we are getting a Red and Blue Sequel.

I'm thinking the rumored stars is a sequel to Sun Moon and Red and Blue, taking place in this new Kanto and a post game Alola.

It sounds crazy but I could see it happen.

As for what Ash will catch there is something interesting:

https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1491632310137.jpg
    Its promotional art for the movie. Looks like Ash doesn't get muk and instead gets Gengar and Lapras, assuming the pokemon on the outside are what Ash gets. It makes sense cause they all were around in the original series, minus Lapras who joined later, and Gengar who would have been haunter. So I could see this happen.

The movie is looking really different but good, so I'm excited.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Am I the only one that noticed that Red was in the anime, although much much older? I mean if you look at the old man's hat, it's the same as Red's from the original concept art.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Really loving this so far. I loved the DPP anime, and I also loved the BW anime, but I never really got into the XY anime - everything about it seemed dull, and the movies seemed boring. I've mentioned before the thing I care most about in the anime is the Pokemon, I like seeing team switches, evolutions, and learning new attacks.
    I haven't watched and SM anime yet, but from what I've seen it looks miles better, and this movie is really giving me hope. So far it looks amazing, and I for one am really thankful it wasn't just a simple rehash or the first season Movie edition(tm). I don't remember the last time I was this hyped for the Pokemon anime and movies (jk I do it was actually when there was speculation Iris would catch Dragonite), so I really hope this movie does it justice.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Its promotional art for the movie. Looks like Ash doesn't get muk and instead gets Gengar and Lapras, assuming the pokemon on the outside are what Ash gets. It makes sense cause they all were around in the original series, minus Lapras who joined later, and Gengar who would have been haunter. So I could see this happen.

A bit of a correction, but Orange Islands was part of the Original Series alongside Johto (the original series is in fact the only series to take place in two generations rather than just one). I think you mean Kanto.

You are spot on regarding Gengar, though. And either way, that IS interesting.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm so glad Misty is not going to be a companion in this movie; she's by far the most overrated character in the series imo, plus the new girl seems alot more interesting than her.

Even if I were to agree with you about Misty being overrated (which I don't), the fact of the matter is that the replacements were completely pointless, especially when, being a retelling of Ash's first journey, there was no excuse to replace Misty, Brock, or especially Gary Oak. Even if you dislike Misty, I'm pretty sure you'd be miffed by their replacing Brock and Gary Oak. Besides, you can't deny that if it weren't for Misty, Ash and Pikachu would have been floating bodies in the river like one of those old mafia executions.

To put it in perspective, The Path to Power, the 10th Anniversary film for Dragon Ball, had a similar idea, retelling Goku's first adventure, and they changed up the plot to the extent that instead of finding the Dragon Balls before Pilaf, it instead had Goku trying to find them before the Red Ribbon Army. However, they STILL kept the original Dragon Ball Gang from the first adventure (Oolong, Puar, Bulma, Yamcha, etc., etc.), and in some cases, namely Yamcha and Bulma, received a lot MORE development than originally.

Like I said, replacing ANY of the old characters from that time, much less Misty, was pointless. And don't think it's because I'm a fan of Misty that I'm saying this. Even if it were the likes of May and Dawn in her shoes and they got replaced with the 20th Anniversary, I'd STILL be up in arms about it and vocally against the idea (and bear in mind, I utterly hate those two, so it's obviously not loyalty to characters that I'm irritated with this). They were better off making it a regular movie rather than a retelling if they were to do that.

Besides, I wouldn't write Misty off too soon, since apparently Mayumi Iizuka got the movie script personally delivered to her.

Well, the only silver lining in all of this is that Ho-Oh's connection to Ash may finally be answered with this film after all this time, and this may in fact be the last movie (the connection Ash has to Ho-Oh seems important enough to be the type reserved for a series finale, and besides which, the fact that they are distributing Marshadow in this film alongside Ash-Pikachu, the former being the only Generation VII Mythical Pokemon to not be distributed yet [as Magearna, the only other Generation VII Mythical Pokemon, had already been distributed in the Volcanion movie as a voucher for Sun and Moon's release], suggests even the film writers, if not the anime writers, are tired of the anime and are calling it quits).

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Right now, I'm leaning towards Shinnoh Remakes 2019 on the Switch and I'm really thinking that with such major changes to the story, that we are getting a Red and Blue Sequel.

Correction, the Sinnoh Remakes would arrive on the 3DS's successor and not the Switch on Gen VIII (since Kimishima said they're considering it) because one of my friends at Disquis noticed a pattern that there's one pair of Pokémon remakes per handheld (FRLG - GBA, HGSS - DS, ORAS - 3DS, DP remakes - successor).

Drat, the link isn't working for me, but this sounds interesting. It's like a what if scenario if Ash kept Haunter after his visit from Lavender Town.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    A bit of a correction, but Orange Islands was part of the Original Series alongside Johto (the original series is in fact the only series to take place in two generations rather than just one). I think you mean Kanto.

You are spot on regarding Gengar, though. And either way, that IS interesting.
    Truly the islands does technically count, but I feel like each series is separated by a league.

Correction, the Sinnoh Remakes would arrive on the 3DS's successor and not the Switch on Gen VIII (since Kimishima said they're considering it) because one of my friends at Disquis noticed a pattern that there's one pair of Pokémon remakes per handheld (FRLG - GBA, HGSS - DS, ORAS - 3DS, DP remakes - successor).

Drat, the link isn't working for me, but this sounds interesting. It's like a what if scenario if Ash kept Haunter after his visit from Lavender Town.
    Eh I really doubt Shinnoh remakes on the 3ds. Sun and Moon showed the games barely ran on the system. Shinnoh has the underground a massive feature that with everything else would really lag the system imo. Plus I can still play Shinnoh on my 3ds so its not that outdated.
    And they may said they are considering it, but I doubt its just considering. At this point I'm positive a new game is in development as proven by the job hiring, the trademarks, and more.

Pokemon would sell the switch and its already had the most sucessful console launch, so Pokemon is definitely coming.
    The switch is more capable, and makes more sense of a move rather then supporting an under powered console. I really wouldn't say patterns matter either. Everyone expected Hoenn Remakes in gen 5, but that didn't happen. This was likely cause you could still play Ruby and sapphire on your DS so it wasn't outdated enough. I'd wager the same case here and that the Shinnoh remakes will not come when people expect it. Patterns in pokemon games have all fallen apart in recent years.

We shall see though.

As for the attachment, here we go:
    Third trailer for 20th movie released — featuring Marshadow!

If its true the what if scenario is pretty cool to see.

Years
  • Not really relevant to the movie, but seeing some people argue about some of the companions kinda tells you where the anime is at right now lmao. Every single character is liked by a lot, and hated by a lot.
    I don't think there are many shows out there that have a more divided fan base than Pokémon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1491632310137.jpg

I can't see the link for one reason or another. Says I am IP banned or ranged.... dont even use 4chan though. Went to the site and was just fine and able to look at everything, so that link may be broken? Don't know.

Anyway, as for his team, I seen someone catch a Charmander in the trailer, but wasn't paying attention to who. I wouldn't mind if he caught his Kanto Team, but I hope that Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve if this is the case. It would be nice to see him get a Gengar.

Back