• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Just gonna state the last two gens were shown at the start of 2010 and 2013 and they came out that year so it is not too soon for Gen 7.

Where did you hear that from?

Btw OrAs aren't XY sequels, they're remakes of RS which happens years before XY's story. So it'll be more of a prequel if one can even call it that.

Pretty sure the remakes become the new cannon and are changed to fit the timeline. Plus Zinnia said something about having two timelines so ORAS could be shown as a sequal after or close to XY

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Well now I think this pokemon might actually be a 6th generation pokemon.

Its connection to Volcanion says it's from Kalos.

Could be like Regigias who has ties to Hoenn but is technically Sinnoh. Would love if the theme of Gen 7 man made pokemon vs natural ones. Like we have two teams who use man made and another who use natural. Plot been one wants the world to be natural only and the other wants to destroy all living life and make it man made leading to a big war.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Third Version Speculation
    so Its another legendary pokemon like Diancle!
    Whats so world shacking about this ?

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • Spoiler:

So this is Magiana, a man made Pokemon which Volcanion hates because only it (Volcanion) knows Magiana's secret. Magiana will star in the movie too. It most likely is a steel type from its looks and we can't rule out the possibility that Volcanion's typing may be the counterpart for Magiana's typing (meaning Magiana could be Steel and something that can be bodied by water). This leads me to think that not only Magiana but also Volcanion is man made and their rivalry exists because of something that happened in the labs while creating them. Maybe Volcanion hates humans and Magiana because humans gave more attention to Magiana that in? We'll see. All in all I think it's another mythical Pokemon, like Diancie, only man made.

Edit: Volcanion and the exquisute Magiana is the movie title. In serebii it says that Volcanion chases Magiana, which was created 500 years ago. What the heck..

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I think it's a Gen VII mon connected to Volcanion like Regigigas and Lugia were to the regis and birds respectively (but not a trio master...unless Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion are a trio).

Most likely this. I know people are using the excuse that Kalos had less than 80 news mons to justify a Kalos 6.5 with new mons but people need to know the megas are like creating all new Pokemon for GF and they took a lot of slots.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I think it's a Gen VII mon connected to Volcanion like Regigigas and Lugia were to the regis and birds respectively (but not a trio master...unless Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion are a trio).

I doubt it's a Gen7 'mon. Methinks the next main game is the third version of X and Y, and it'll feature the 'Southern Kalos' or another smallish region, where there will be a few new PKMN for the Gen 6. If they're gonna go to that route, then it'll be the first time that Nintendo and GameFreak will be adding new PKMN to the current generation.

...Although it would also mean that, if they skip the third version and proceed to Gen7 games, then that would also be a first for them. :/

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • I doubt it's a Gen7 'mon. Methinks the next main game is the third version of X and Y, and it'll feature the 'Southern Kalos' or another smallish region, where there will be a few new PKMN for the Gen 6. If they're gonna go to that route, then it'll be the first time that Nintendo and GameFreak will be adding new PKMN to the current generation.

...Although it would also mean that, if they skip the third version and proceed to Gen7 games, then that would also be a first for them. :/

Which confirms the fact that we would get something unexpected according to a previous interview. Can someone relate Magiana to the key word "flowers" that was hinted regarding the next game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wonder what made them make a new Pokemon at this particular time?

The difference with Lugia and Regigigas though is that those two debuted in the generation after the birds/the regis, and Lugia afaik is not actually the Kanto birds' trio master in the game canon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I doubt it's a Gen7 'mon. Methinks the next main game is the third version of X and Y, and it'll feature the 'Southern Kalos' or another smallish region, where there will be a few new PKMN for the Gen 6. If they're gonna go to that route, then it'll be the first time that Nintendo and GameFreak will be adding new PKMN to the current generation.

At this point I am pretty sure they are skipping any more Gen 6 games and jumping right into Gen 7. My issue with Gen 6 as how it went downhill after Korrina. It was just a very weird dip that I never had in a Pokemon game before. Idk if this was due to more focus on graphics and less on the full story or something else. And while a 3rd version could flesh the story out better I would rather we just get full on news games over a redo. (Unless we get sequels over Z which I would not be against.) Also think it is Z since the last two gens have shown the new Pokemon in the first quarter only to have them come out later that same year. While I don't want to rely on patterns I do think dev times for games in general have become shorter so that could be playing a part more so than any pattern

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm kind of iffy on its resemble to Diancie, personally, unless the Pokémon has some sort of a back-story behind this similarity?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wonder what made them make a new Pokemon at this particular time?

The difference with Lugia and Regigigas though is that those two debuted in the generation after the birds/the regis, and Lugia afaik is not actually the Kanto birds' trio master in the game canon.
    Lugia debuted in a Gen I movie. Perhaps Volcanion and Magiana's link is also movie only...

Also, it's not like they haven't announced a future Gen mon prior to the third version even being announced. We got a lot of examples. The most recent one being Munchlax (since Pt and B2W2 (well sequels in that case) were out when they started showing Gen V and VI mons).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm gonna say this new Pokemon is part of Gen 6.5. As I've stated before I just think it's too soon to be releasing Gen VII with the current state of Gen VI. So unless they plan to just integrate over to the next generation, then they still need to attend to:

3 unused moves
    1 unused form
    1 un-released Mythical
    4 revealed Zygarde forms
    Ash-Greninja

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back