• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Them tying up loose ends to move to maybe HD (NX) would be a smart idea. Could be like GTA where the 3D games and HD games are separate worlds. And while it was said 3DS would still exist that also does not mean NX would not be the new Pokemon home too. Since DS existed along side the 3DS for about two years. We just need a reveal for both NX and the new Pokemon game. It feels like we are running in circles without any official news.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • So this other leak has popped up, but it's coming from NeoGAF instead of 4chan. From what I understand, they are extremely strict about posting leaked rumors over there; if you can't provide a reliable source for posting your information, you actually get banned from there. In other words, this leak is probably more viable than something from 4chan, but still a rumor nonetheless:

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Pokemon Niji(Rainbow) is listed as a special 20th Anniversary game, and is supposedly coming out during the Fall/Holiday of this year. If this is true, holy crap. It's a singular game, but doesn't really seem to imply that it's a generic 3rd version. The "rainbow" might be a reference to Mega Evolution, since the rainbow spectrum is usually associated with the Mega Evolution symbol-double helix. Rainbows are also associated with beauty, which is Kalos' overall theme.

Also, since it's supposedly a special 20th Anniversary edition, I can easily see it being revealed this weekend on Pokemon Day.

Yeah, I actually saw that, too, but, for me, it came up while I was watching one of SuperMetalDave64's Nintendo speculation-/news-/rumor-/leak-discussing videos.

Years
  • I've seen theories in the past where people talked about how Z is the 26th letter of the alphabet, and if it were to be released next, it'd be the 26th main game in the series.

Going back to what Sugimori said after X/Y came out, about gen 7 returning to simplicity, then perhaps:

"Rainbow" or whatever it ends up being called, is the third Kalos game, but as an anniversary game, will include aspects/characters/etc from every generation so far, almost as sort of a send-off. It would be a poetic way for them to "end" things.

Then gen 7 will be a reboot of the franchise.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Aww, flowers come in lots of different colors, just like a rainbow.

If this leak does prove to be true (which, I mean, anyone could guess the name of a game... my friends and I thought B&W would get sequels, and none of us or our uncles works for Nintendo. And there was that one guy on some corner of the Internet who thought the games after X&Y would be called Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire...), it could still be a super-mega-enhanced third version of the Kalos games. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • yes which is why I call bull on this guy:
    https://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193851

This guy is so full of it, it's not even funny...

Both this guy and SuperMetalDave64 are leakers we cannot trust one bit. This comment I read said it best:

Didn't you hear? YouTubers who provide absolutely no credentials are the most reliable source in the industry, and developers risk their livelihoods revealing information about top secret projects all the time!

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • A standalone game would be interesting. One of the existing six main-series regions with all of the features of Gen 6, but completely independent of XY's and even ORAS's story. Without a counterpart, it'd be standalone and by definition, it wouldn't be a traditional third version or even a sequel like B2W2; it wouldn't start Gen 7. It'd be a true Gen 6.5.

I don't personally see them doing it -it's like a soft reboot of a single generation- but it'd be interesting.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd like having a Generation 6 game take place in a past region with a Generation 6 story like...an offshoot of Team Flare taking hold of the region and maybe even taking up arms with remnants of the corresponding villain team. The plot could use the new Legendaries as well as that region's underused Legendaries. As for which region, personally, I'd love to bring Orre into the main series, but I'd doubt that. It could even be a two region game with Kalos and the other region! We're past due for another one of those, if you ask me.
    Kanto: It's been remade pretty recently with HG/SS and we'll be playing it again with the re-release of RBY so I doubt it'd be that one. On the other hand, that maybe part of the rationale of rereleasing: a 20th anniversary game revisiting Kanto with Gen VI features, a brand new story, on the current console. Having everyone play the original could be a reminder of Gen I and even a marketing tool. Team Flare and a new Team Rocket would work well together.

Johto: Recently revisited with HG/SS, but since Johto is often the other side of the Kanto coin, it might be interesting to see it paired off with another region (Kalos) this time? Similarly, they could even use all three regions, though I really doubt that might happen. Like with a Gen 6.5 Kanto/Kalos game, Team Flare and Team Rocket would be an interesting pair. Maybe a higher up of Flare wants to use Ho-Oh's rebirth powers similarly to Xerneas' immortality-related powers?

Hoenn: I doubt we'd get a Gen 6.5 Hoenn game with a new story/characters after getting a remake in the same generation...but what if that was their plan originally? What if 6.5 functions as an Emerald "remake/sequel" with Kalos and Hoenn under threat together? It could function as both a third version of two pairs as well as a sequel and maybe a standalone game in itself.

Sinnoh: Some people are clamoring for a Sinnoh remake so maybe a revisit to Sinnoh instead? I can't imagine they'd remake a DS game as that seems way too recent of a game to be remade so maybe just revisiting it instead? I never played Gen 4 so I don't know how easy it'd be to incorporate Gen 6 into Gen 4 for a fresh story.

Unova: In a way, it was revisited in a new way with B2W2 and I can't imagine last gen would be revisited that soon especially such a well-received generation... but perhaps bringing back such a well-received region is the boost that Kalos needs?

Those are just my personal thoughts, of course, if 6.5 is supposed to be something non-traditional, but still part of Gen 6.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Both this guy and SuperMetalDave64 are leakers we cannot trust one bit. This comment I read said it best:

Agreed. Plus a few more things:

1) There is no way all of these games would be codenamed. At this stage in delvelopment names would be final.

2) Sure the disney art academy game is real, but conveniently they guy delayed the video and commented on this in the description originally. Since it was found on a Linkiden like site( forgot the name), it was in plain sight for awhile. If the guy is faking all the way( not having an unreliable source), then this could be evidence of it.

3) N Stars? Really....

No, not going to happen. J stars is a popular anime fighting game. Nintendo would never copy a name of another game, especially since this wouldn't be a fighting game, so the name couldn't be passed off as homage to it.

4) Pokebank is this gen's poke transfer. It has compatibility with two more unknown games. Since as I said it's this gen's poketransfer, then it be reasonable to assume these other two games are the next two titles in Gen 6. Most Likely meaning we are getting a 3rd game with two titles, like BW2.

Therefore Rainbow wouldn't even be possible.

But we shall see. With all the new XY merchandise at the Nintendo World Store, I'm almost positive we are getting the 3rd game announced next week at the Pokemon Celebration there.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Agreed. Plus a few more things:

1) There is no way all of these games would be codenamed. At this stage in delvelopment names would be final.

2) Sure the disney art academy game is real, but conveniently they guy delayed the video and commented on this in the description originally. Since it was found on a Linkiden like site( forgot the name), it was in plain sight for awhile. If the guy is faking all the way( not having an unreliable source), then this could be evidence of it.

3) N Stars? Really....

No, not going to happen. J stars is a popular anime fighting game. Nintendo would never copy a name of another game, especially since this wouldn't be a fighting game, so the name couldn't be passed off as homage to it.

4) Pokebank is this gen's poke transfer. It has compatibility with two more unknown games. Since as I said it's this gen's poketransfer, then it be reasonable to assume these other two games are the next two titles in Gen 6. Most Likely meaning we are getting a 3rd game with two titles, like BW2.

But we shall see. With all the new XY merchandise at the Nintendo World Store, I'm almost positive we are getting the 3rd game announced next week at the Pokemon Celebration there.

Why not exactly? Smash is a party game after all. A Nintendo fighting game in the style of J stars would be pretty awesome. If Pokken was revealed people would likely not expect a Pokemon game made like tekken

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Why not exactly? Smash is a party game after all. A Nintendo fighting game in the style of J stars would be pretty awesome. If Pokken was revealed people would likely not expect a Pokemon game made like tekken

It is possible, but the thing with smash bros, is, yes it's a party game, but it also has a massive competitive following.

The new one is getting bigger, because it was made with both parties in mind. It works as a party game, but also as a big competitive Nintendo Fighter.

Pokken works because there's 720 pokemon, all who would work in smash bros but would never getting in because they aren't mascots or super popular/ promoted.

And it was requested for years, so it worked really well.

So again, it is possible, but I don't think they would do, especially with Smash bros still being pushed.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    It is possible, but the thing with smash bros, is, yes it's a party game, but it also has a massive competitive following.

The new one is getting bigger, because it was made with both parties in mind. It works as a party game, but also as a big competitive Nintendo Fighter.

Pokken works because there's 720 pokemon, all who would work in smash bros but would never getting in because they aren't mascots or super popular/ promoted.

And it was requested for years, so it worked really well.

So again, it is possible, but I don't think they would do, especially with Smash bros still being pushed.

Unless Sakurai is serious about this being the last last one and him not wanting them to make anymore. But yeah it is so soon with Smash Wii U being big still. I do wonder if Sakurai could even refuse them from doing it. I never did get the whole second part concept. like do GF do what Nintendo make them?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Agreed. Plus a few more things:

3) N Stars? Really....

Is the double negative in 2 purposeful? "not having an unreliable source" can mean "has a reliable source".
    3) Could be by the same people who made it, just like Pokken is being by the same people as Tekken.
    4) I mentioned this before, the pentagon thing was found in the hacking of OrAs or the demo (I forget which), not Pokebank. Besides, Pokebank is meant to be used in the transfer of mons to future generations, not just Generation VI.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Is the double negative in 2 purposeful? "not having an unreliable source" can mean "has a reliable source".
    3) Could be by the same people who made it, just like Pokken is being by the same people as Tekken.
    4) I mentioned this before, the pentagon thing was found in the hacking of OrAs or the demo (I forget which), not Pokebank. Besides, Pokebank is meant to be used in the transfer of mons to future generations, not just Generation VI.

2) No. To explain:

I think he could have a reliable source, but they could mislead them with info so Nintendo doesn't track them down.

3) True, I didn't think of this. But again, another Nintendo fighter would be a weird and risky move. So I don't think they'd do it. However a Nintendo RPG is something I really want.

4) Pokebank has it to.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2mqkt3/with_pokebank_being_datamined_as_we_speak_there/

IT could still be linked to a possible 7th gen( If rainbow is real, maybe it's 7th gen, but I think that's to early)
    I think it would probably be a 6th gen game though. I still think that the two games are gen 6 ones. If they wanted to make gen 7 on the 3ds, they could always patch pokebank to read it. That be pretty simple to do actually.
    Unless Sakurai is serious about this being the last last one and him not wanting them to make anymore. But yeah it is so soon with Smash Wii U being big still. I do wonder if Sakurai could even refuse them from doing it. I never did get the whole second part concept. like do GF do what Nintendo make them?

Hard to tell if this is the last smash bros from sakurai. He says this every game but loves the series. They tried making brawl without him, and when he found out, he asked to be put in charge of it again. He makes every game like it's the last because he doesn't know when they will make another or if they would. I think it's more him just letting the public relieve him after a game ends. He likes to take breaks and then work on other projects.
    Even if one day he doesn't choose to make it, Nintendo would still probably find someone else to be in charge of it.

So Sakurai isn't needed with the game. I think GF have full control over what they do, but they like making pokemon because they got famous off it, and always have ideas for a next game.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So I guess it's "confirmed" that we're getting a PKMN game this year (Fall-Holiday) other than Pokken and Detective Pikachu games.

Pokémon 20th Anniversary game "Niji" Japanese translation: "Rainbow"

Source

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • 2) No. To explain:

I think he could have a reliable source, but they could mislead them with info so Nintendo doesn't track them down.

3) True, I didn't think of this. But again, another Nintendo fighter would be a weird and risky move. So I don't think they'd do it. However a Nintendo RPG is something I really want.

4) Pokebank has it to.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2mqkt3/with_pokebank_being_datamined_as_we_speak_there/

IT could still be linked to a possible 7th gen( If rainbow is real, maybe it's 7th gen, but I think that's to early)
    I think it would probably be a 6th gen game though. I still think that the two games are gen 6 ones. If they wanted to make gen 7 on the 3ds, they could always patch pokebank to read it. That be pretty simple to do actually.

Hard to tell if this is the last smash bros from sakurai. He says this every game but loves the series. They tried making brawl without him, and when he found out, he asked to be put in charge of it again. He makes every game like it's the last because he doesn't know when they will make another or if they would. I think it's more him just letting the public relieve him after a game ends. He likes to take breaks and then work on other projects.
    Even if one day he doesn't choose to make it, Nintendo would still probably find someone else to be in charge of it.

So Sakurai isn't needed with the game. I think GF have full control over what they do, but they like making pokemon because they got famous off it, and always have ideas for a next game.
    It's possible that the other one will be GO. They said that GO will be linked to the main games (I figure it'll be by trading). The two could also be a place holder as they probably were still trying to figure it out, in the interview where Masuda said that Z would be too predictable he said that they might still make a Z, it depends on the ideas they have. So, it sounds like they hadn't thought ahead. Sometimes I get the impression that GF focuses more on the next Generation games early on, opposed to the remaining games in the Generation.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's possible that the other one will be GO. They said that GO will be linked to the main games (I figure it'll be by trading). The two could also be a place holder as they probably were still trying to figure it out, in the interview where Masuda said that Z would be too predictable he said that they might still make a Z, it depends on the ideas they have. So, it sounds like they hadn't thought ahead. Sometimes I get the impression that GF focuses more on the next Generation games early on, opposed to the remaining games in the Generation.

This is possible to. I could see go being pokewalker 2.0. Placeholders are also possible.

As for Masuda, he's strange. He knows full well what they are doing, but I believe he tries to keep it tight but might have trouble with. He's pretty dedicated to the franchise. I could see him knowing full well what they are doing with Z, but trying to not give hints. Hard to say though. Developers are cryptic or misleading at times. Like Hideo Kamiya. He told fans he wasn't working on a new star fox, and yet he was working on Zero. (this was after it was announced) .

So you never know.I do think they plan ahead for next gen, early on though, but they know fans like the 3rd games( as does Nintendo), so they try to make them anyway they can.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    If we get no direct or reveal on PD I will be a bit sad. However we will see. I do wonder if a Direct is this week if it would be shown via a direct or saved for the 27th

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If we get no direct or reveal on PD I will be a bit sad. However we will see. I do wonder if a Direct is this week if it would be shown via a direct or saved for the 27th

Probably pokemon day, but saying to look out for news on Pokemon day in a direct could hype it up.

I don't think we'll see a direct this week. Maybe early march though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back