• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    rate the pallets and tiles in this screen shot!:

Pwease?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013

Pwease?
    Tiles 9 / 10
    Palettes 9 / 10

I liked the combinations of tiles.

TB Pro said:
    Okay I know this is against the rules, but why should I submit a new thread when this one will work just fine? If you close this, I'll make a new one, but really, this would be much simpler.

Map Name: N/A

Base ROM: FireRed

Comments: Well I've been gone for a while, and I decided to try hacking again. Worked on tiles first, and I think it turned out pretty good.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Creds: Kyledove - Tiles, Alistair - Tiles, Rhevarhe_Duh - Tiles, Me - Pals

Tiles 10 / 10
    Palettes 10 / 10

I liked the tiles and palettes. This perfect!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years

Pwease?
    Not going to rate because this looks very similar to Crashink Cheesepeow Visual Punk Rocker's ROM Base.

---

K guys, I edited the rules due to a suggestion by Narutoactor. Please do not post tiles or pals that are part of a ROM Base, unless you make some major changes too it. There's no point in posting it, because you didn't do any of the work. So yeah. Thanks.

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
    Years
    Well, this map is kind of a test, trying which tiles work best, so there isn't a name yet. Please don't copy or rip the tiles, cuz it really took me hours to match 'em.
    Credits:
    Synyster_Zeikku
    Kyledove
    WesleyFG
    Blackvolution
    Pantimimi
    rhevarhe_duh
    Alistair
    Recks
    newtiteuf

Rombase is Fire Red (GER).

greetz,
    Gibson

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Well, this map is kind of a test, trying which tiles work best, so there isn't a name yet. Please don't copy or rip the tiles, cuz it really took me hours to match 'em.
    Credits:
    Synyster_Zeikku
    Kyledove
    WesleyFG
    Blackvolution
    Pantimimi
    rhevarhe_duh
    Alistair
    Recks
    newtiteuf

Rombase is Fire Red (GER).

greetz,
    Gibson
    Sweet, you took my suggestion and posted it here.
    You did as you said, you matched the tiles well, but the small tree sorta bugs me for some reason. Also, the pals look great with the tiles, nice job on combining them, it all looks great.

Tiles: 9/10
    Pals: 10/10

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
    Years
    Thanx, TB^^

but the small tree sorta bugs me for some reason.

Gee, ur the first who notices that. Though I dunno whether you meant the tile itself or the pal, the small tree is the only tile I forgot to match with the others and I didn't correct it^^. If you zoom in, you'll recognize, that the upper part is colored in a badly different way than the rest of it xD

greetz,
    Gibson

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Hey peoples, quick question, I'm making a new tileset but it isn't inserted into a hack or anything so can I still post a map? This thread is about rating the tiles and palettes themselves so I don't see why not.

-Novus-

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Hey peoples, quick question, I'm making a new tileset but it isn't inserted into a hack or anything so can I still post a map? This thread is about rating the tiles and palettes themselves so I don't see why not.

-Novus-
    I'm pretty sure that you can :) so.. go on :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Thanx, TB^^

Gee, ur the first who notices that. Though I dunno whether you meant the tile itself or the pal, the small tree is the only tile I forgot to match with the others and I didn't correct it^^. If you zoom in, you'll recognize, that the upper part is colored in a badly different way than the rest of it xD

greetz,
    Gibson
    Yeah, it looks like you just drew a line and colored everything above it lighter. :P

-Novus-
    Like Narutoactor said, it has to be insertable into a ROM.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years

-Novus-
    If you are going to insert it, then post it. but If not don't even bother.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    well here is my light house I made for my hack dont use it for yours or I will bite you

it fits into tiles and block and platelets but I didnt put it into a map yet

Years
    well here is my light house I made for my hack dont use it for yours or I will bite you

it fits into tiles and block and platelets but I didnt put it into a map yet

It's nicely done but I don't like the way you shaded the thing it's way to symetrical *correct me if I have spelling errors*
    Also the windows shading are just a few stripes, try looking at some work of a few great spriters and look how they shaded it.
    If the shading is done correctly than it would be nice but I can't rate it at the moment because the shading annoys me ;x

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    It's nicely done but I don't like the way you shaded the thing it's way to symetrical *correct me if I have spelling errors*
    Also the windows shading are just a few stripes, try looking at some work of a few great spriters and look how they shaded it.
    If the shading is done correctly than it would be nice but I can't rate it at the moment because the shading annoys me ;x
    I should of mention this in my post the light hose will be next to town Lights so thats why the shadowing is like that

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
    Years
    Sooo,
    gonna post my latest map in this thread, too^^

Creds:
    Xiros
    Kyledove
    Saurav
    WesleyFG

greetz,
    Gibson