• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Spoiler:

Please rate these Tiles and palettes, and NOT the map, Thank you.

Credits:
    Tiles: Tapia, Alucus, Kyledove, Alexmad and Nintendo.
    Palettes: Tapia, myself.

I think these tiles and palettes Tapia can not be used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Spoiler:

Credits:
    Tiles: Xiros, Zeikku, Saurav, Kyledove, WesleyFG
    Palettess: My self​

Note: Some tiles were edited by me.
    Note2: The image is in .jpg to prevent theft of pallets or tiles.​

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • I think these tiles and palettes Tapia can not be used.

Spoiler:

Credits:

Anyone can use the palette if they want to, colours don't belong to you.
    Anyway, I like the grass and trees, but the mountains don't go well together with the other tiles.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I have made a rather massive Viridian Forest edit with a few simple tile and palette changes:
    Spoiler:

I just want to know if the map is challenging and the palette/tiles are OK.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I think these tiles and palettes Tapia can not be used.

Spoiler:

Credits:

Okay, so I'll just give a few suggestions. But remember that these are all on the basis of my taste.
    Uh..okay. So first of all, I really like the palettes that you've used for the tree with a slightly thinner trunk. They blend in really well and look really appealing. As for the broader tree, I think the distinctive dark line near the middle of the tree puts it a little off. You should try using darker palettes to try and blend them in a little more. The grass (not the grass used for wild pokemon) is a little too much of a bright green palette. You should try increasing the blue and make it slightly darker. The same goes for the mountains. They're a little too orange-ish. And darken the shade that is used in the bottom of the tiles. 7.5/10

The tiles look good all in all. 9/10
    I have made a rather massive Viridian Forest edit with a few simple tile and palette changes:
    Spoiler:

I just want to know if the map is challenging and the palette/tiles are OK.
    Viridian Forest is massive in itself. XD
    The palettes of the grass, trees etc. look a little too blue-ish. The bright pink flowers don't match either. :/ The water palette..I think I've seen it somewhere else before, but I'm not sure really. But it definitely doesn't match. Try making it a bit darker. 6/10
    And I don't get what the boulder looking green tiles are. XD; 7/10

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • The palettes of the grass, trees etc. look a little too blue-ish.
    I would like to make them more green,but i have problem with changing the grass animation,then the grass looks out of place.
    The water palette..I think I've seen it somewhere else before, but I'm not sure really. But it definitely doesn't match. Try making it a bit darker. 6/10
    I made a parallel of the orginal extremely dark water. xD I darkened it a bit.
    And I don't get what the boulder looking green tiles are. XD; 7/10
    Those were supposed to be shrubbery,but they look a bit weird. xD I'm going to change them.
    I made the flowers purple now,they'll look more natural. Here's the (it has a few changes now) corrected map. I haven't still changed the "shrubbery" xD:
    Spoiler:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Map Name: Project Z: Map 01

Base ROM: Fire Red

Comments:
    Just polishing up my very rusty skills

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits: Kyledove, Alistair, and Rhevarhe-Duh(or something)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Map Name: Project Z: Map 01

Comments:
    Just polishing up my very rusty skills

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits: Kyledove, Alistair, and Rhevarhe-Duh(or something)
    I think that you've done an awesome job with the tiles and palettes. Those palettes blend in with the tiles very nicely. I have only one complaint with the bottom of the trees. I would've preferred more of a darker blend of the green near the bottom. But, overall it still looks very nice. As for the mountain palettes, I think it would've looked better with a more darker palette, like the trunk of those trees (a little more pink than the trunk though). And I noticed that the edges of the mountain tiles have a little bit of light green. You need to check more carefully, Jess XD. No argument with the tiles. The tiles and palettes look superb when you match them up.
    Tiles: 9.3/10
    Palettes: 8.5/10

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • @Binary: Well I just went ahead and used Alistair's palettes for the mountains. :P
    The trunks of the trees actually have the same palette as the mountains, believe it or not. Pfft whoops I thought I fixed all those damn green edge-thingies. :P

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • {Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

What do you guy's be thinkin'?

Derp. Don't you be using this.
    I'm not joking, it's for Dewitty's game.

Derp. This is one of the things that annoys me about this thread. I'm going to stop it from now on.

Only post tiles that are actually inserted in ROMs. Anything else might as well go in Pixel Art or something; this is the ROM Hacking forum so just posting tiles is pretty silly, really.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Map Name: Project Z: test Map 002

Comments: Just working on some tiles/palettes. I was thinking of changing the small tree; opinions? I also need opinions on the grass palette. I'm not sure, I think it looks good, but maybe a bit dull? Idk, I would like your opinions on this matter.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    CNC, Alistair, Rhevarhe_Duh, and myself.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Map Name: Project Z: test Map 002

Comments: Just working on some tiles/palettes. I was thinking of changing the small tree; opinions? I also need opinions on the grass palette. I'm not sure, I think it looks good, but maybe a bit dull? Idk, I would like your opinions on this matter.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits: CNC, Alistair, Rhevarhe_Duh, and myself.

I think you are right about the grass pallette, it does look a bit dull in comparison, but somehow that just works for this. The small tree is definitely an idea to change, as it just doesn't feel right in there. Also, I think (my opinion here) that the water is too low on the side of the mountain.

Overall, I like. Change the small tree is my only piece of advice for you.

Tiles: 9/10
    Pallette: 9.5/10

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Map Name: Project Z: Test Map 003
    Comments: Yeah, I think these tiles/pals are final.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    • CNC
    • Alistair
    • Rhevarhe_Duh
    • Dew
    • Kyledove

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    • CNC
    • Alistair
    • Rhevarhe_Duh
    • Dew
    • Kyledove
    try to change the tree and flowers side from that, all seems well here. 8.5/10

I want to actually get these rated this time so here they are again:
    Spoiler:

comments: please keep in mind that I only had sixteen colors to work with in total.
    credits: kyledove and zein

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • try to change the tree and flowers side from that, all seems well here. 8.5/10

I want to actually get these rated this time so here they are again:
    Spoiler:

comments: please keep in mind that I only had sixteen colors to work with in total.
    credits: kyledove and zein
    I already changed the flower, and there is no way I'm changing the epic tree. humph.

Tiles: 8/10
    Pals: 7/10

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I already changed the flower, and there is no way I'm changing the epic tree. humph.

Tiles: 8/10
    Pals: 7/10
    I meant the small tree.:nervous: Guess I should have been a bit more specific.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    • CNC
    • Alistair
    • Rhevarhe_Duh
    • Dew
    • Kyledove

1. The grass tile looks really ugly repeated over and over and over like that. I suggest getting another grass tile and mixing the two up to create a more eye-pleasing effect
    2. The 2x2 rocks don't blend well with the mountain tiles, in my opinion
    3. The houses stand out starkly. You should either do something about the outline or change the style because they really clash with the rest of the tileset
    4. The tiles you used for the "transition from mountain to grass" block (i.e., the ones that are normally used for puddle outlines) never looked good, in my opinion. I'm sure you can find something better/more natural
    5. The Ruby/Sapphire beach trees are completely differently styled from the rest of the tiles and they stand out because of it. I would ditch them altogether if I were you
    6. The outline of the bushes is too dark
    7. The R/S/E grass path is a little iffy, though it might just seem that way because the entire map is so green. I'd have to see it used in a different situation to tell if it fits or not

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • map name: suniji-riside
    map game: pokémon terrifying destiny
    comments: these are my last tiles and pallettes that are actually in my hack :) (exept the lab and the rocks :( ^^)
    map:
    Spoiler:

credits:
    alucus(in think I don't remember :S) : rock tiles
    banjora: ground tile

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back