• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
  • Um...in my opinion, this is a stupid place to ask that question. We have a simple question's thread, and a tutorials section!

And in my opinion that was incredibly rude, as well as mini-modding when you could have just clicked report.

@izilex
    You can find most tiles on DeviantArt or WhackAHack.

Anyway, I'd like these tiles and palettes rated:

Credits: Alistair, Calis Projects, Chaos, VorteX, Zein and if I forgot anyone please tell me.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • map name: suniji-riside
    map game: pokémon terrifying destiny
    comments: these are my last tiles and pallettes that are actually in my hack :) (exept the lab and the rocks :( ^^)
    map:
    Spoiler:

credits:
    alucus(in think I don't remember :S) : rock tiles
    banjora: ground tile

juste reposting because it hasn't been rated :)

(I just realized the quality was bad because I posted it with through my old PC maybe sorry for that ^^')

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • Well,i inserted two beautiful tree tiles from WAH,but i have no idea which one looks better...what do you think?
    Tile 1:
    Spoiler:

Tile 2:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    xoax

I liked most of the second tree, but still recommend that you change, will not match the style of your hack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Here a screen of my hack, Pokemon Eclipz.
    Rating the tiles and palettes that appear on this screen.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • xoax

I liked most of the second tree, but still recommend that you change, will not match the style of your hack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I really like the pallete they look smoth and looks good together..nice one,
    i really love the pink flower, looks nice..xD
    i don't really know how to rate these so i just give my comments..
    Anyway i just started learning inserting tiles and have trouble with palletes like making all green tiles with available green pallete which for me is very hard..

This is what i have now, do tell me how it looks:
    { Can you guys tell me which filehost do you guys use to upload the image because suddenly photobucket always shows error when i tri to upload. is it because of file size?
    even the attachment is not working for me, it just says sending but nothing}

anyway heres another link:

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • xoax

Love the tiles there! Those are pretty sweet!
    The only thing is the top and bottom of one of the small trees don't look good together, it looks like someone cut off the top of a tree and the bottom of another and glued the two together.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Well,i inserted two beautiful tree tiles from WAH,but i have no idea which one looks better...what do you think?
    Tile 1:
    Spoiler:

Tile 2:
    Spoiler:
    Well, tbh neither of them look too good with the current set of tiles you're using. I think I'd much more prefer the default trees. But it depends on the whole scenario and the summation of the tiles.

This is what i have now, do tell me how it looks:
    { Can you guys tell me which filehost do you guys use to upload the image because suddenly photobucket always shows error when i tri to upload. is it because of file size?
    even the attachment is not working for me, it just says sending but nothing}

anyway heres another link:

I primarily use Photobucket for image/video uploading purposes. However, tinypic and imageshack is pretty good, I think.

Okay, starting with the trees. The top portion and bottom portion of the tree contrasts a fair bit in my opinion. The top portion and bottom portion appears to have a little too much green and red respectively, i.e. The top portion has a lighter shade of green whereas the bottom portion is comparatively darker, which doesn't blend in too well. And what's the light colored spherical shaped thing near the center of the tree supposed to be for? XD; Or is my assumption wrong. And the surface/ground doesn't look too bad, but I suggest increasing the value of Red, and fiddling a little bit with the Blue and Green. Same with the tree. I don't have much to say about the grass, but I can see a few hints of blue which contrasts with the other colors.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Preview of something. Need a simple rating please :D.

The turquoise color you've used for the water looks slightly bright to me. Try decreasing the RBG values, just slightly. Same with the tree, slightly bright in my opinion. Or it may be because I just happen to like darker shades XD; The sand palette looks pretty good, though I would've made it a little brighter (whitish in a way), but I think it looks good as it is. Just try experimenting a little. Palettes: 7/10

I'm guessing that the building is like an abandoned building somewhere in the desert, judging from the entrance and windows. The vegetation looks pretty good too. The windows (or so as my eyes interpret), are slightly stretched in a way. For the tiles: 8.5/10

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Considering that it has been one and a half years since anybody posted here... Yes.

~CLOSED

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back