• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TL;DR Stop writing such long posts.

Years
    It depends on the topic. If it's something that I feel like I can contribute a significant amount then I will just so people don't think I'm bs-ing my posts ;___; Otherwise, I try to keep the length to an acceptable standard where readers won't be reading a novel XD

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Used to be pretty good at writing a couple of paragraphs. Nowadays I just write however long my wording needs to be. I'm not great at keeping my posts the same length. Some are short, some are long, some are in the middle. I'm gonna take a guess and say that I mainly write simple and sweet with a few huge mouthfuls in between. Works pretty well for me. 8)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Because I've been so awfully inactive (which I wish I wasn't but... life) I only log on once every few days and maybe make one or two posts a night unless I'm trying to be more active. But because I've been visiting so infrequently, I've been finding myself making such tl;dr posts that I take the time to type out and go over in more discussion-y threads :(

Although I do miss the easiness of the Pokemon threads. I need to post in those more!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    I also try to post everywhere around the forum to see whats going on and also Increasing my post count!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I don't generally think when I post. I write whatever the hell comes to my mind - whether or not the post ends up being long is something I notice later on.

Although I do feel like spouting off my opinion without any sort of filter is wrong. Got into trouble due to it recently so yeah, lol.

Always look upto people who can make short, concise and to-the-point posts. I wish for that ability myself. Sadly, I have a tendency to ramble. Like I'm doing right now, haha.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    I don't put in a lot of effort while writing posts, but sometimes I just start typing and next thing I know I end up with quite a long post.

The length of the post generally depends on the topic, if it's something I'm passionate about, interested in, or if I begin to type up my life stories, I tend to make long posts. Sometimes, I write a long post, just to try and explain what I'm getting at, then later I realize I could say it in just a simple sentence. I think I prefer long posts, really.

It's funny because I'm not god with the whole talking thing, but on this forum, I'm not good with the whole short post thing, I just start 'talking' and I keep going.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I like making long posts when I actually want to say something that isn't so short you could read in an instant. But I like to keep it long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep it interesting. Simple.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Like everyone else here, it really depends on what kind of topic it is. If it's serious and requires me to go in-depth and put lots of explanations, then yes, my post would be pretty long. If not, then not so much.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I rarely write anything over 5 lines haha, If I need to write paragraphs to get a point across I will, otherwise its just short and to the point.

Shhmew

Years
    For me, it actually depends how comfortable I am with a community.

When I first arrive to forums, I tend to be much more cautious, and spend waaaayy too much time on a post, putting an excessive amount of effort into them and making sure (or at least, as sure as I can be) there's no mistakes and I didn't miss over a rule or important post or something... Sometimes I'll go into a topic about, say, what my favorite color is and spend a good half hour on a response! :(

I also tend to ramble, so it's unfortunate. Often after typing up a post I'll notice it's quite long and try to go through to delete the unnecessary bits... >.<

So yeah, I put a bit too much effort into my posts usually, until I've got a very very good feel for the community and I know for sure what is accepted and what's not. Then I'm less meticulous about my posting for sure, but I still put effort into my posts, always.

Back