• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TMs/HMs wishlist

Years
    New generations always see a switch-up of moves on the TM/HM list, but what moves are you hoping for to become TMs this generation? Or maybe which HMs are you hoping will or won't return? Feel free to discuss!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I hope... we'll get objects and no HM.

I always find myself force to have a HM Slave (or sometime two of them *cough*Oras*cough*) so I can't use all the Pokemon I really want...

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Well the TM situation is a bit odd, as with the gen 1 tm's things are going to get quite crazy.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I think we're over due for that TM Splash... Know what? No. HM Splash. You use it to distract trainers so you don't have to battle them.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Will they continue to be capped at 100? Or will they go more?

Probably can't do more than 100 logistically.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    This may sound a bit far-fetched, but I hope Pokemon get 2 additional moveslots in which they can only learn HM/field moves (which are unusable in battle). This effectively eliminates the use for any HM slaves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    I wish that they would retouch the HM system, making them less of a burden instead
    of just making them optional, as I think that very blatant NPC roadblocks are much
    infuriating and less satisfying to get rid off, than gaining new abilities to conquer them
    metroidvania style.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
    I think the Punches becoming TM's again would be great since we probably won't get move tutors for S/M. I'd also like a Freeze Dry and Rapid Spin and/or Defog TM.

Sirfetch’d

I think the Punches becoming TM's again would be great since we probably won't get move tutors for S/M. I'd also like a Freeze Dry and Rapid Spin and/or Defog TM.

I would LOVE for the punches to return as TMs. I know there are better all around moves that are currently TMs but the punches are so nostalgic for me that I'd be so happy to see them back :) Who knows though, maybe these games will break the mold and give us tutors.

pkmin3033

I'm indifferent to TMs, honestly. Just as long as they continue to have multiple uses I'm happy with whatever they decide to give us. The elemental punches as TMs would be interesting though, as would higher-powered moves like Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Draco Meteor etc. I suppose it'd make move tutors obsolete, but I'd prefer to use those to learn egg moves or things like that.

I'd prefer HMs to become abilities you can teach your Pokemon or something, rather than moves you use in battle. It'd just be so much more convenient, because pretty much every HM that isn't Surf or Waterfall is next to useless in battle, and an irritating waste of a move slot. If they're going to keep HMs, they could at least make them moves I'd want to teach my Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would prefer they remove Surf and Dive as HM and change them to TM like Flash and Rock Smash got changed to TM. It's not like you need a badge already to use them in the overworld anyway, so no need to have more restrictions on it.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I kinda wish for HMs to be abolished and just become the last few TMs. They could colour code these moves to let players know that they can be used in field.

Otherwise, reduce the number or replace some of the HMs. Some are necessary (Surf, Waterfall, Fly etc.) but moves like Rock Smash and Cut are just unnecessary and unneeded. Either remove them, or replace them with something more powerful... like rock climb!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Surf,Waterfall and Fly could already be abolished as HM anyway since the only lock to use them in the overworld is getting a certain badge, you can already use them in battle before the badge.

Some pokemon learns naturally by level up Fly, Dive and Surf.

Rayquaza and Salamence learn fly by level up for example.

Years
    I can see why people want HM's gone, but then we have some that are decently useful in battle, such as Fly, Waterfall and Surf. TM's becoming reusable in 5th Gen was a step in the right direction, but we'll see if how they'll handle HM obstacles in this game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The moves themselves won't be gone tho, they will just be moved to TM like Rock Smash and Flash has.

Back