• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To buy or not to buy?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Perhaps...but then, if they're going to expand upon Ultra Space, a new Ultra Beast wouldn't be out of the question. A new Island Guardian would be a must if they gave us a new island...that's unlikely, but even so. With the gens getting shorter and shorter, that old "half a generation" argument that surfaced in Gen VI could resurface in Gen VII too.

Don't forget, we don't know what they have planned for the Switch. It wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the beginning and remade Kanto...or even gave us a multi-region core title. Or something else. It won't necessarily be Gen VIII. So saying that any new designs could be saved for Gen VIII could be a pretty big assumption. Especially with the way they like to change things up as much as possible. So who knows.
Gen 8 is most likely be the switch games. Kanto is done for good. Multi-regions are unlikely to happen again. They won't introduce new ultra beast and new pokemon because they are best saved for gen 8 which is directly after USUM.

pkmin3033

Gen 8 is most likely be the switch games. Kanto is done for good. Multi-regions are unlikely to happen again. They won't introduce new ultra beast and new pokemon because they are best saved for gen 8 which is directly after USUM.
All speculation is equal at this point.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
All speculation is equal at this point.

No actually it is not. New pokemon are only made at the beginning of a new gen. Kanto returning is unrealistic as it is done enough times. Multi region is only for Johto games.

pkmin3033

No actually it is not. New pokemon are only made at the beginning of a new gen. Kanto returning is unrealistic as it is done enough times. Multi region is only for Johto games.
You're assuming, of course, that GF will do exactly what everyone expects them to...and when have they ever done that? Where is Pokemon Z? Where is Pokemon Stars? How do you explain B2W2? Why are these not clearly stated as direct sequels in the same manner as B2W2? You can't use past trends as an argument when GF is so intent upon breaking them. Again, all speculation is equal. It is all speculation. In reality, none of us knows with any degree of certainty what will be in these games - or future games - beyond what we are shown. Just because we're not seeing it right now does not make it impossible.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
You're assuming, of course, that GF will do exactly what everyone expects them to...and when have they ever done that? Where is Pokemon Z? Where is Pokemon Stars? How do you explain B2W2? Why are these not clearly stated as direct sequels in the same manner as B2W2? You can't use past trends as an argument when GF is so intent upon breaking them. Again, all speculation is equal. It is all speculation. In reality, none of us knows with any degree of certainty what will be in these games - or future games - beyond what we are shown. Just because we're not seeing it right now does not make it impossible.
I don't think so. Pretty sure GF knows that single region games will help give them more money. They also would how tired fans are of Kanto. New pokemon in mid gen would be bad cause the start of next gen would overshadow those pokemon. Best keep new pokemon for a whole new gen. Even GF is smart enough to know that. So no, not all speculation is equal because some of them are not realistic.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
While Game Freak has done a few (highly) unexpected things the past couple/few generations, they're not as wildly unpredictable as people like to give them credit for these days. A few outliers don't necessarily invalidate long term trends.

On the other hand, it's best to not pretend our or anyone's speculation is absolute fact until definitively proven. We know very little about these games right now. Past data can help, but is still not enough to be 100% certain about much.

Last edited:

EndercreeperMugen

First-time ROM hacker
Years
I loved the original Sun and Moon, as did many others, so I'll definitely be getting Ultra Sun at the least. Perhaps Ultra Moon later on, like I did with Sun and Moon.

gmartin

Years
The frag?

did you mistook Vulpix with Magmar? Vulpix is based on a fox... more specially yokai kitsune ( or nine-tailed fox) in which part of vulpix "on fire?"
you are being a little petty here. You don't want GF being creative?
search youtube on Alolan forms and you will see why all of them ( even Exeggutor) makes perfect sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0i-yUSct2k&ab_channel=GaijinGoombahMedia
are you a genwunner or something?

I quoted the PokeDex, seriously, read my statement if you're going to try and gaslight me for it.
Sure, I love GF's creativity, I never said I didn't, and I shouldn't have to look up a YouTube video for things to make sense.
I like some of the new Pokemon, but the others just look strange.

"are you a genwunner or something?"

What's wrong with you? I literally just stated "Until a Diamond/Pearl remake rolls around and the next set of main games roll around, I won't be touching any games as of now."

I just simply don't like Sun or Moon. It's too strange for me. Does that make me a genwunner simply because I don't like ONE generation?

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
I quoted the PokeDex, seriously, read my statement if you're going to try and gaslight me for it.
Sure, I love GF's creativity, I never said I didn't, and I shouldn't have to look up a YouTube video for things to make sense.
I like some of the new Pokemon, but the others just look strange.

"are you a genwunner or something?"

What's wrong with you? I literally just stated "Until a Diamond/Pearl remake rolls around and the next set of main games roll around, I won't be touching any games as of now."

I just simply don't like Sun or Moon. It's too strange for me. Does that make me a genwunner simply because I don't like ONE generation?

your reasoning is stupid. If you take time and THINK about it all pokemon makes sense.
Why are you upset with Alolan vulpix/ninetales?
never heard of Artic fox?
and I find your reasoning that some gen 7 pokemon look like digimon. HOW? megas were ok but gen 7 pokemon were too much?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
I loved playing Sun Moon, but if US and UM just simply is an alternate story I'm not sureif I'd play it, I prefer a sequel:)

gmartin

Years
your reasoning is stupid. If you take time and THINK about it all pokemon makes sense.
Why are you upset with Alolan vulpix/ninetales?
never heard of Artic fox?
and I find your reasoning that some gen 7 pokemon look like digimon. HOW? megas were ok but gen 7 pokemon were too much?

Can you stop throwing random accusations around? I never said Megas were okay. As for Gen 7 pokemon, their style was just odd, it felt different from any other pokemon game, along with all the "trials" and "sos battles."
I was just making an example of Alolan forms, it also seems like you also disregard what I said once again. Arctic Fox, that makes sense, but Alola is literally Hawaii. Tell me where the hell you would find a Arctic Fox in Hawaii? Vulpix has a fire burning in it's own body. Fire literally MELTS ice. Tell me how that makes sense.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
s.
I was just making an example of Alolan forms, it also seems like you also disregard what I said once again. Arctic Fox, that makes sense, but Alola is literally Hawaii. Tell me where the hell you would find a Arctic Fox in Hawaii?

*facepalm*
Pokemon world=/= real world
tell me where in Japan can you find Kobra and Seal? ( and no Zoos do NOT count)
where in Japan can you find Elephant and Giraffe?
what about walrus and camel?
what about Venus flying trap and beaver
What about Zebra and meerkat in New York?
What about panda and weedy seadragon in France?
Vulpix has a fire burning in it's own body. Fire literally MELTS ice. Tell me how that makes sense.
So? do you know nothing about adaptation evolution do you? In real life there are case such as fish living on land and breathing through lungs. Why is it so difficult to think that vulpix adopting to cold climate?

Last edited:
Years
Well I bought both sun and moon by impulse, bearly played it. Wasn't as good as I thought it be. I didnt like the new moves and all those nerfs. I mean I was okay with the dark void nerf (saw to much on vgc) but they nerfed my favourite move absolute zero/sheer cold (I was okay with accuracy nerf actually but giving it a immunity made no sense, its absolute zero, theoretically nothing reaches there and if it did it would collapse things to nothingness O.o so nothing should be immune). Now my poor spheal can't rekt. I play older gens more anyway. Any hopes they will unchange nerfs in v2.0? Eh maybe ill buy it later for rom hacks or if I could change it myself. So dissappointed ????

Years
Well I bought both sun and moon by impulse, bearly played it. Wasn't as good as I thought it be. I didnt like the new moves and all those nerfs. I mean I was okay with the dark void nerf (saw to much on vgc) but they nerfed my favourite move absolute zero/sheer cold (I was okay with accuracy nerf actually but giving it a immunity made no sense, its absolute zero, theoretically nothing reaches there and if it did it would collapse things to nothingness O.o so nothing should be immune). Now my poor spheal can't rekt. I play older gens more anyway. Any hopes they will unchange nerfs in v2.0? Eh maybe ill buy it later for rom hacks or if I could change it myself. So dissappointed ????

I can't really see anymore nerfs happening in US/UM, considering that S/M did already have a lot of nerfs to existing moves and abilities.

Back