• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To buy or not to buy?

pkmin3033

We know very little about these games right now. What I want to know in light of this, is what feature/revelation/information would sway you to buy these games? Or, if you have already decided to buy them based on what little information we already have, what would it take to change your mind? What would put you off these games enough that you'd pass on them? Basically, what will make or break your purchase? Has something you've already seen (besides just "it's Pokemon") decided the matter for you already, perhaps?

I realise that this won't apply to some people, but humour me and use your imagination even if it doesn't...or at least say more than "Its Pokemon so I'm buying it no matter what" or something.

blue

gucci
Years
I enjoyed Sun & Moon very much, so if they're anything like those then they'll be worth buying imo. Alola is a great region and we know these games take place there, so that's a plus already. We know very little info atm so it's hard to say, but the aspect of an alternate storyline with new features such as Gyms, Characters etc is all too appealing.

Years
Well since I have Sun and Pearl, X and Alpha are on my to get list and I have been waiting for a while I'm going to put this one on hold for now.

Years
S&M was big let down for me, so for now, I won't buy USUM until it get cheaper OR they'll turn out to be actually good.

21BlackSavage

SavageMewtwo
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
why wouldn't no one buy it? same thing goes with cod games. no matter how much people complain about it they still buy the game.

i doubt people will call it a terrible game since it's a Pokemon game.

Don't judge a Pokemon game by the trailers or comments.
As long you enjoyed Sun/Moon i seriously hope you would support the next Pokemon game.

Years
I'll get them eventually, but as of right now I'm probably not going to buy them on release day and I certainly wont play them right away if I do. I can't even finish the original Sun and Moon, so I have no interest in the same games with a fresh coat of paint that they should have had to begin with. I'm sure the internet will make sure I know everything about them regardless, so I'm sure I wont miss out on much.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I will never stop buying Pokemon Games. I even went back and bought the old games I didn't have.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I have bought almost every main series Pokémon game since the original Ruby & Sapphire on Day 1, with the only exception being Black 2 and White 2. I didn't buy those on Day 1 because they felt too similar to the games I already had, and this could also potentially be the case for Ultra Sun & Moon.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'll be buying it down the line eventually. I'll admit I didn't care much for S/M mostly in part due to the fact that it was Lillie's story and not our own. I wanna see how much this "alternate" story changes things up before I decide it's a day one purchase.

Years
i'll buy it. i like the character design in USUM. feels like B2W2 design. plus, i love Alola. if, the USUM released in Switch then i wouldn't buy it cause i cannot afford to buy switch. thank God it is for 3ds.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
I'll be flying my Jolly Roger for this voyage, If I play it at all. They will have to prove it's worth purchasing by making it more distinct than the likes of B2W2.

REALLY? I mean I am sure demo will be a thing like in ORAS and Sun and Moon... why do you need to pirate to try it?

Melody

Banned
Years
REALLY? I mean I am sure demo will be a thing like in ORAS and Sun and Moon... why do you need to pirate to try it?

Demos are laughable and insufficient usually. I actually strongly doubt there would be a demo for USUM. WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THE GAME IS LIKE! Any USUM demo is not likely to be much more than the original Su/Mo Demo.

I won't get into discussion about my choice, It is not inflexible. There's time plenty for them to reveal more and prove it's worth the purchase, and not just something that should have been sold as DLC for half the price.

Years
X/Y, OR/AS and S/M have all had "Special Demo Edition" releases prior to the full game release. It's most likely going to continue once again with US/UM.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
I always buy the main series games out of impulse & habit so I'll most definitely get these suckers.

I'm not the biggest fan about the Ultra-Beasts and Legendary fusion thing going on, I'm actually quite looking forward to the updates of Gen 7! I really liked Alola but it felt like a few things were missing so, again, I'm looking forward to what's to come! Also, the trainer designs look soooooo promising

Back