• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Today, a full rival battle (Sunday 6th September Updates)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Hiroshi Sotumura said:
    By the way, religious person, CR2032 batteries aren't expensive. Rather than whining, go buy some.
    L.O.L!
    ___
    @Eggie Poo poo: Talking about the Pokémon moving on the spot wont change anything. The Pokémon moving on spot is not really worth talking about...I mean, Pokémon are pretty energetic, no? Especially the Totodile... Now, what would be stupid is if your Totodile had only 3 HP left, and it's still moving around like that energetically. What would prove this more, is if Totodile got poisoned. If it kept on moving like that, then it would faint in no time. Rather than taking 5 steps XD

P.S. You stated that there's no excuse for Pokémon moving on the spot, when there actually is one. Think about it, if they moved 10 years ago, and this is a remake.. Then the excuse is...It's a remake, that's why! :D
    ___
    Anyways, does anyone notice that Prof. Elm actually speaks through the phone when he calls? Because that's amazing, if you ask me :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Think of this. Pokemon are more energetic then humans. They move much more then we do and when humans stand still they are a bit more active. So moving on the spot is perfectly normal.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years

@Eggie Poo poo: Talking about the Pokémon moving on the spot wont change anything. The Pokémon moving on spot is not really worth talking about...I mean, Pokémon are pretty energetic, no? Especially the Totodile... Now, what would be stupid is if your Totodile had only 3 HP left, and it's still moving around like that energetically. What would prove this more, is if Totodile got poisoned. If it kept on moving like that, then it would faint in no time. Rather than taking 5 steps XD

P.S. You stated that there's no excuse for Pokémon moving on the spot, when there actually is one. Think about it, if they moved 10 years ago, and this is a remake.. Then the excuse is...It's a remake, that's why! :D

Think of this. Pokemon are more energetic then humans. They move much more then we do and when humans stand still they are a bit more active. So moving on the spot is perfectly normal.

Guys, stop trying to justify a stupid mistake Nintendo made, they are just too lazy to fix it and make a standing still sprite for the Pokemon. They didn't do that in Amity Square, so why do they move on the spot now?

And there IS no excuse like that, 10 years ago they did the same thing so now they can again? And SOMEONE point out when Pokemon that followed you moved on the spot? Exactly, Pokemon didn't follow you so this is different, NPC's didn't move on the spot either. Only your trainer did when he ran into a wall but that is different because it makes sense, you're walking into a wall over and over again.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    And SOMEONE point out when Pokemon that followed you moved on the spot? Exactly, Pokemon didn't follow you so this is different, NPC's didn't move on the spot either.

Actually, in Pokemon Yellow, your Pikachu would move around if you stood still for more than about 10 seconds. And yes, NPC Pokemon move on the spot as well. Remember the Wingull Guy in RSE? All those Wingull moved around. NPC Pokemon in DPPt do that, too. So it really makes sense that the Pokemon following you would move around as well.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Guys, stop trying to justify a stupid mistake Nintendo made, they are just too lazy to fix it and make a standing still sprite for the Pokemon. They didn't do that in Amity Square, so why do they move on the spot now?

And there IS no excuse like that, 10 years ago they did the same thing so now they can again? And SOMEONE point out when Pokemon that followed you moved on the spot? Exactly, Pokemon didn't follow you so this is different, NPC's didn't move on the spot either. Only your trainer did when he ran into a wall but that is different because it makes sense, you're walking into a wall over and over again.

Dude, why are you so God damn negative about everything. Chill out, complain when you actually have the game, or at least when it comes out.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Actually, in Pokemon Yellow, your Pikachu would move around if you stood still for more than about 10 seconds. And yes, NPC Pokemon move on the spot as well. Remember the Wingull Guy in RSE? All those Wingull moved around. NPC Pokemon in DPPt do that, too. So it really makes sense that the Pokemon following you would move around as well.

That's RSE, I and Hiroshi Sotomura said in GSC. READ.

Dude, why are you so God damn negative about everything. Chill out, complain when you actually have the game, or at least when it comes out.

It's like writing a letter to someone telling them you're going to take a crap on their yard, they see it coming beforehand so they don't need to wait till they see the brown stain to realize it's not good.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    That's RSE, I and Hiroshi Sotomura said in GSC. READ.

Lol, I know you were talking about GSC, but considering that every Pokemon game is like a culmination of the features of the games preceding it, using it as an example is legit, I think. And I was only using it as an example, because it was so memorable -- NPC Pokemon have moved ever since RBY.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Lol, I know you were talking about GSC, but considering that every Pokemon game is like a culmination of the features of the games preceding it, using it as an example is legit, I think. And I was only using it as an example, because it was so memorable -- NPC Pokemon have moved ever since RBY.

Don't bother trying to argue with him. Once someone is under the Nostalgia Filter everyone else's opinion means nothing to them if they aren't blindly praising the past without logic.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It's like writing a letter to someone telling them you're going to take a crap on their yard, they see it coming beforehand so they don't need to wait till they see the brown stain to realize it's not good.

Okay, first off when you look at the game in a whole, then you cannot judge it just yet. It has not been released as yet and all you know is what they show you. It has been confirmed that the storyline of the game has been kept the same, that is what GameFreak intended to keep from the originals as well as basic play. So, if you liked the originals, there shouldn't be a problem adjusting to enjoy HeartGold and SoulSilver.

When you take the game into little pieces and break it down through the different aspects, then there are bound to be little things you don't like about it. However, currently saying the game will be garbage before you've even tried it [and by the way your example wasn't good enough to give enough backup from your perspective] is impossible, because like I said you only know what you've seen or heard, not what you haven't experienced now.

From what is seen through this Sunday Show and all previous trailers, scans, and videos then I would say the game is coming along just fine, quite exceptional at that. And I, like many others, won't give a final word until you experience into your own hands.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    Don't bother trying to argue with him. Once someone is under the Nostalgia Filter everyone else's opinion means nothing to them if they aren't blindly praising the past without logic.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    I have never heard of it like that. And it makes perfect sense. I tend to have that same problem, but GSC were my favorite games. And if my favorite games are remade with additional features, then that is wonderful. I don't see what the problem is with the new features. They aren't that big of a deal, and it's not like parts of the game were taken out (like an absence of apricorns or something). It's all gain, no loss. It's like your mom has made some awesome brownies when you were young, and decides to make them again, except this time with whipped cream. But let's say you don't like whipped cream. What do you do? Scrape it off, ignore it, and enjoy the same old brownie from years past.

Last edited:

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    Wow, this might just descend into something terrible (and it's my fault as much as everyone else's) so let's get back on-topic before we all go on about all the trivial things in this update. :|

soooo...Pokemon, right? :)

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    I don't know if i should read all of the guides and stuff after its release because it always spoils it. Kinda. But it kind of doesnt.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I don't know if i should read all of the guides and stuff after its release because it always spoils it. Kinda. But it kind of doesnt.
    Who cares of 1st experience. Damn, we find out new things every time we repeat a process if we do it wise. A Pokemon game is one of those games you can go through a hundred times doing it almost completely different each time, especially if you didn't understand what all the NPCs around said the first time around. And I remember I enjoyed my later runs through Pokegames much more lately than back when I was young cause my English really sucked (I only knew to say stuff like, yes, no, "what's the time" etc).

Seriously, I did play Pokemon games on Japanese, either because I wanted to check the game out or because of the Celebi event/Goldenrod Pokecenter back in the GSC days.
    Oh, and, I know it's way too late to say it--but I just want to mention, especially nowadays with all those Animes and Mangas around, and overall with the very active business in there (for those who want to go Hi-Tech), Japanese is a wonderful language to know. Many of my personal hobbies could be upgraded and enlarged if I knew Japanese and I know i'm not the only one. I actually plan to give it a shot soon, could be very useful even right now.

P.S, everyone, pick any nickname and i'll change mine to it if you won't understand 30-40% of the game, if not way more, by running a G/S/C rom or w/e while playing the game to understand what they say...in case you don't remember what the kinda said/meant after 10 years.

Back