• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Block is BACK! 5/26/2012

Years
  • Oh, great, a piece of my childhood returns ! Though I've never heard of Casshern I'm intrested to try these two anime. I'm hoping for Fairy tail to be added in later. Inuyasha final Act would be nice too! Also does anyone think they'll move Bleach into Toonami time now?

They already confirmed that they'll be keeping Bleach. While I'm at it, I'll toss up the lineup here, since it hasn't actually been posted...

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
    12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
    1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
    1:30 a.m. -Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
    2:30 a.m. -Cowboy BebopAnd then repeats until 6 AM.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It already is Toonami time. Bleach is at 12 and Toonami starts at 12.

So Bleach is what DBZ was for the old Toonami it seems. With it being a long running shonen and all. TBH I try to get into it and its hard. I liked it till they saved Rukia and idk after that it was all ugh... Maybe I missed to many eps or I end up catching to many fillers and not the story itself.
    Similar to DBZ as in its flagship program of the time. Seems more similar to Yu Yu Hakusho to me though in terms of say Spirit Detectives and Death Reapers. Bleach for me is a love hate type of thing. As will you I loved it up to saving Rukia then the who Aizen trolling was just enough for me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm so excited for Toonami. I really want to watch Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins! And I'm very happy that Adult Swim brought back this amazing block. (I love you Adult Swim! <3) But I'm going to miss Kekkaishi and Durarara being on Adult Swim. ):

Years
  • Alright, I didn't get to see it, but I was on Skype with some friends who were watching it. However, I did find this-

Toonami Block is BACK! 5/26/2012

HD Tom is very HD o_o

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • it was awesome in HD, i hope Rurouni Kenshin will be returning, i loved that show

they said if the rating stay up we will get Inuyasha the Final Act, and the new shows got great reviews, so its gonna get better

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
  • it was awesome in HD, i hope Rurouni Kenshin will be returning, i loved that show

they said if the rating stay up we will get Inuyasha the Final Act, and the new shows got great reviews, so its gonna get better

I hope they show the old Ruroni Kenshin then air the new movie if it gets dubbed.

Considering all the shows were trending on Twitter I think the first night was a good night. Sadly shows like Deadman and Bebop will wrap up by August so I wonder if they will just give them a second run or just get new shows.

Wonder if the ratings exceeded there expectations.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Actually I'd be glad if they were done with Deadman Wonderland by then. I didn't like it in the slightest. I did like Casshern though. Hopefully they can incorporate the AS timeslots one of these days as well since AS is on six days a week anyways. Obviously up to us to get the rating for better shows. Do we know the ratings of Toonami yet? And I could tell they were under budget just by the way they set about the Promos and the amount of time they showed Tom.

Years
  • Do we know the ratings of Toonami yet? And I could tell they were under budget just by the way they set about the Promos and the amount of time they showed Tom.

We don't have any hard numbers yet, but Jason DeMarco confirmed via Twitter that the ratings were 'okay'- good enough to keep it going for awhile, but the better they are, the faster we get new stuff.

Given that last weekend was a holiday weekend, and there were apparently some other things going on (apparently the Saturday Night Live season finale and some sports related thing, I dunno), I have a feeling it'll do much better this week.

EDIT: Here, have a little something to go on

Last edited:
    Back