• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami resurection

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I think you're overreacting a bit...Toonami might have been good at one point, but the past few years have been terrible. Cartoon Network itself has been trying to save money by buying the rights to shows that were aired in other countries ( Total Drama Island, that Mall show... )

Better leave it off dead, and download your anime like a real man

'Cause buying Canadian shows is cheap, however the 6Teen (the Mall l show) would probably be very cheap considering its from like 'O4. Plus the shows were never on Toonami.

Years
    • Age 33
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    I wouldnt want to bring toonami even over my dead body. I used to love it back in the day but, who doesnt love the things that they had in the past? I still miss the days when i used to wake up on Saturdays just to watch Yu-Gi-Oh and pokemon( ocassionally :-P ). I wish I could turn on the tv and be able to watch something other then what looks like different rip offs of sponge bob and other things. But bringing back toonami would be just as worth it and as likely as makin them broadcast a new channel for our goodies... I'm pretty sure toonami back then was aimed at kids; mainly since anything thats not family guy just has to be appeal to kids apprently....; but the arrival of these new shows just means their target demograph has changed what it likes.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If PUSA were nitwits enough to not return original voice actors, what makes you think nitwits who have so much time in their hands to air kiddy, bad, and bad adult shows (except for Family Guy) will return Toonami?

Seriously, if even a super company that does good video-games is ignorant, why would a company that just shows and doesn't specialize in anythin not be?

Even if they did return Toonami, it would be under new control, thus, with the way CN is going, crappier Toonami.

In some cases, nothing is better than something. I have no hopes that this will work.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    In the state Toonami was when it was axed off, I was glad that it didn't have any more crap on it. So, unless they bring the classics back on Toonami (Dexters Lab, Samurai Jack, Cow and Chicken and so on), Toonami can stay dead.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Why do you want it resurrected? It's as good as dead. Sometimes you just have to deal with it and move on. I'd love to see it again and this time have them show the animes but they left because they were on for a long time.

Wikipedia said:
    Well, this is the end, beautiful friends. After more than 11 years, this is Toonami's final broadcast. It's been a lot of fun. We'd like to thank each and every one of you who made this journey with us. Toonami wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully, we've left you with some good memories. So, until we meet again, stay gold.

It's like everyone asking Rumiko and her producers to bring more Inuyasha. If she did that, it wouldnt be as good and its the same with Yugi, if the creator gave us more of the original series, it wouldnt be as good.

There's always a reason for things to die off. Sometimes its the TV channel's fault sometimes its just something they didnt do because they wanted to do other things.

Does that make sense?

Years
  • I'm sorry but I hope this does not work. For the shape Toonami was in, they did us a favor for killing it.
    Hello,the CN idiots are the ones that killed it, not Toonami itself. The new CN president is trying to get rid of anime, and Toonami was a big obstacle that had to go. Now its gone, and Adult Swim is next.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Ah toonami, brings back some wonderful memories, if CN did put some effort into the block maybe it could been what it once was.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Hello,the CN idiots are the ones that killed it, not Toonami itself. The new CN president is trying to get rid of anime, and Toonami was a big obstacle that had to go. Now its gone, and Adult Swim is next.

Toonami wasn't an obstacle because it only aired one Japanese animé. [AS] is separate from Cartoon Netork and it's taking the 10 PM slot from them. CN has no animé bias, it's just that animé isn't as big anymore.

Years
  • Why do you want it resurrected? It's as good as dead. Sometimes you just have to deal with it and move on. I'd love to see it again and this time have them show the animes but they left because they were on for a long time.

It's like everyone asking Rumiko and her producers to bring more Inuyasha. If she did that, it wouldnt be as good and its the same with Yugi, if the creator gave us more of the original series, it wouldnt be as good.

There's always a reason for things to die off. Sometimes its the TV channel's fault sometimes its just something they didnt do because they wanted to do other things.

Does that make sense?
    Because without it, Cartoon Network is nothing. If Toonami never existed there would be not lot of anime in America and CN would be what Boomerang is today! How long was Toonami on Cartoon Network? 11 years! Kids' WB lasted 12 years, FOX Kids lasted 12, and USA cartoon expresss lasted 14 years! All of them lasted longer than Toonami, so the reason is not because Toonami was too old, it was because either Cartoon Network had low ratings and wrongly thought it was because of Toonami, or CN hates anime and wants to get rid of it.

Anime still is big. I see alot of kids in my school come pass me with a Bleach, Naruto, Pokemon, or a Sonic X shirt. I even have some friends who love anime! I want to help this campain as much as I can. Friends, send your letters today!

Sparkle

Ninetales Rocks :D
    Years
  • I really hope they bring it back. I remember when they played Tenchi Muyo and stuff. It was Awesome, And I loved it. If they get enough demand, they should hopefully bring it back.

Years
  • ...Um...I can't believe that I'm the first one to mention this, but...does anybody else remember that little website called "Toonami Jetstream" that was advertised on Toonami some time ago? Well, guess what? It's still running. Zatch Bell, Samural Jack, MAR, Hikaru no Go...they're all still going. So, if you want to show support for Toonami, you might want to start with showing support for the website.
    Not anymore :( We have to heavy our efforts! This might help: Goto https://cartoonnetwork.com, click on the feedback button, and tell the crapbags at CN to bring back Toonami!!!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Not anymore :( We have to heavy our efforts! This might help: Goto https://cartoonnetwork.com, click on the feedback button, and tell the *******s at CN to bring back Toonami!!!

ok, there are definitely a few things wrong with this post, both on rules, and off common sense
    1. This post violates the revival rule.
    2. This post violates the double-post rule.
    3. This post violates the no swearing rule.
    4. This post quotes a post that was made 2 months ago.
    5. This post quotes a post that's on the page before this.
    6. This post quotes a post that was already responded to by you.
    7. Give it a rest already. Toonami just isn't what it was back then, and bringing back a dead block doesn't help much.
    [end]

So ya, i'm closing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back