• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The thing is, anyone with half a brain could just gen them in 5 minutes and pass them off as legit. Or they could have a genned Pokemon without knowing. Without any way to tell, it's impossible to tell which is legit or not. That's why I'm not going to trade any Pokemon without pentagon; I have no need to use anything other than what I have in my Black 2 right now.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Yes Pokémon without the Pentagon are next to useless. The only ones I will collect will be Legendary/Event as I need them for a living Dex. HA Pokémon I will breed.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Where can I get these legendaries you all have stored in your games hmm?

*grabs everyone's games and runs*

I think most people traded their own legendaries as the seed so to speak. Then just kept recycling. I managed to snag the Gen II starters for peanuts(Totodile I traded a Ditto for, Chikorita I snagged for a level 1 Gen VI starter). This was when bank first came out in Japan, and not everyone was being greedy yet. I also ended up with a Chimchar via wondertrade. Early on people were offering their X/Y legendaries and only asking in return for level 1 starters from Gen II through Gen V.... I bred like mad and kept snagging every extra Legendary I could.... then was turning those around and offering them up for the previous Gen legends. Once I learned to clone, it got easier because I started cloning my legends.

That said.... I'm only missing a small handfull (other than event exclusives). At the moment I only have two clones left, (A Ho-oh and a Darkrai), but could take some time to clone some of the others.... Cloning this gen is a bit of a drag, so I am trying not to do too much more of it.... Drop me a PM or VM, as I am sure we can work something out that would help you out with some legendaries.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
Can someone explain to me what the point is in having certain Pokemon in certain Pokeballs? I've seen people trading away shiny competitive Pokemon for bank Pokemon that are not competitive but in older balls on other sites. I just don't get the hype around this.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Can someone explain to me what the point is in having certain Pokemon in certain Pokeballs? I've seen people trading away shiny competitive Pokemon for bank Pokemon that are not competitive but in older balls on other sites. I just don't get the hype around this.

It's merely a reason of aesthetics. We like matching or pretty pokeballs :P (especially the apricorn ones.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

It's pure novelty. I honestly prefer all of mine caught in Premier balls or Dream Balls. Some people like a ball that matches the color of the Pokemon.

It is LIKELY that if they are trading for a female it is so they can breed a competetive Pokemon that is in that ball(since now the ball the hatched Pokemon is in matches the one the female was in).

People who are willing to trade away a Pokemon that they spent hours breeding and/or trying to catch, just for a different Pokeball may be a little extreme. But they certainly can do what they choose.

The only way that I believe this is every helpful REALLY is if you are looking for Pokemon that evolve based on Friendship and you want them in a luxury ball. Other than that, it is pure choice on some people's part.

Years
Well since my last one got such bad reviews, XD.

656.png
pokeball.png

Timid Froakie | protean
31 - 30 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31

Too bad it wasn't shiny. Oh well, on to more.....

edit: 루기아 , you make me want to use the animated phantump sprite now.

Years
Well since my last one got such bad reviews, XD.

656.png
pokeball.png

Timid Froakie | protean
31 - 30 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31

Too bad it wasn't shiny. Oh well, on to more.....

edit: 루기아 , you make me want to use the animated phantump sprite now.

Go ahead then, though I want to know where you found that shiny animation on your sig.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Hola amigos! Que pasa?

(yay for being born half Cuban)

Translation of above: Hey friends! What's up?

At school right now and extremely bored so PC is where I'm at. :D Forgot to mention yesterday, but...
I COMPLETED MY OWN VIVILLION COLLECTION! Yes I know I'm late but, I was only collecting Scatterbugs I got from Wonder Trade and evolving them and I thought I'll see what I have and I ended up missing only 2 patterns which I got off the GTS for Xerneas and Yveltal woot. Now what do I do with them? D:

Years
560 in my National Dex, so i'm around 80% of the way there. :D

Unfortunately, I only have one 3DS with me at the moment, because I shipped off my red regular sized one to get modded for that capture card. So i'm gonna need help to get the trade evolutions!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
flare you know where to go for help :P lol #tradecorner is a great place to get help with tradebacks and free goodies and all. No one takes my freebies though :(

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
hmmm is a shiny suicune from "kanto" legit? its pretty suspicious :| it has decent stats on all IVs as kiloude iv checker says

ot is japanese but pokemon is english

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Shiny Kanto Suicune is possible because of HGSS. The OT/nickname thing is suspicious, though. I would suggest looking for it in pokecheck's database and check it's legality analysis. :)

EDIT: If you PM the OT, ID and Nickname I can check it for you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
What nature is it and what is the OT/ID? And by that do you mean it has 6 IVs that are 31s?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
The language differences has me thinking it's hacked although a shiny Suicine is possible from HG/SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back