• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

I found this on this post in my Tumblr dash feed & thought I'd share incase it could help someone.

All 5 eggs hatch then what? You just leave the 3DS circling around doing nothing for hours?

@lunis: Cherish Ball does not pass at all. Also EV, you can't get female Torchic from the event, so the people who told you they soft reset for female Torchic were lying.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Whaaaaaaat excuse me as I go burn half of chat down for lies >:[ jk, I remember there being talk about it being female, dunno if it was there or reference to another site. Wish XY had more real data about stuff like this instead of random stuff thrown everywhere and no real evidence and aaaaaaaaah

Wish bank would be launched soon so I can verify for myself some of this stuff instead of relying on others who can't seem to get their facts straight.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that event is male only -- why, I have no idea xD

As I have a 2DS and 3DS (or rather have access to my son's 2DS) I had restarted my game several dozen times. I was doing this so that I could get a ton of starters, and played through each time to the battle with the Proffessor so that I could also get a Kanto starter, and the appropriate stone. (a few times I went a tiny bit farther so that I could also get extra amulet coins). I have a full box of Torchics after this little run through and not one single one came out female(I was also not trying to get a female as I had read somewhere it was male only). My last playthrough (my current one) I still have not collected my Torchic as I intend to do that in Kiloude's Pokecenter so that I can softer reset and keep checking with the IV rater for a decent one.(Which I do not intend to do until after I finish a few more personal challenges).

As for why... Haven't they locked gender on events enough times with no real rational reason?

Years
  • All 5 eggs hatch then what? You just leave the 3DS circling around doing nothing for hours?

@lunis: Cherish Ball does not pass at all. Also EV, you can't get female Torchic from the event, so the people who told you they soft reset for female Torchic were lying.

No, you have to stop to press A before it hatches. When I tried it I had a flame body Pokemon so it only took a few minutes, not hours. Sorry. Just thought I'd share in case it benefited anyone.

Years
  • No, you have to stop to press A before it hatches. When I tried it I had a flame body Pokemon so it only took a few minutes, not hours. Sorry. Just thought I'd share in case it benefited anyone.

It said "How to hatch eggs in your sleep." Well, you're not going to press A and go back to the Pokemon Center to swap eggs in your sleep, right?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Keiran's haul of shinies makes me wanna get back into it, but I'd only be interested in Kalos shinies... And Goomy takes too many steps to hatch. The parents spit out babies faster than I can hatch them. Oh well, I'm happy with what I have.

Years
  • It said "How to hatch eggs in your sleep." Well, you're not going to press A and go back to the Pokemon Center to swap eggs in your sleep, right?
    I'm not the original poster ok? The post says that, that it came across my dash feed & if you click the link you can go to the original maker's post. I have no idea why they named it that. I feel like you're getting kind of upset with me about it & I'm totally lost as to why. Like I said, I was just trying to help in case it could benefit anyone. I thought it was kind of a neat idea & it might help some of those here that breed eggs a lot so I passed it on. When I done it that way, I used a flame body Pokemon & it took all of five minutes to hatch. Sorry, I was honestly just trying to help.

Years
  • I'm not the original poster ok? The post says that, that it came across my dash feed & if you click the link you can go to the original maker's post. I have no idea why they named it that. I feel like you're getting kind of upset with me about it & I'm totally lost as to why. Like I said, I was just trying to help in case it could benefit anyone. I thought it was kind of a neat idea & it might help some of those here that breed eggs a lot so I passed it on. When I done it that way, I used a flame body Pokemon & it took all of five minutes to hatch. Sorry, I was honestly just trying to help.
    I'm not upset and you don't have to apologize, lol. I'm just pointing out that the "hatching eggs in your sleep" that's in the picture in big, bright orange ruins it.

I appreciate your trying to help, but if you are going to help out, check the validity of the information that you have before you post it, and I don't mean to offend you.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not upset and you don't have to apologize, lol. I'm just pointing out that the "hatching eggs in your sleep" that's in the picture in big, bright orange ruins it.

I appreciate your trying to help, but if you are going to help out, check the validity of the information that you have before you post it, and I don't mean to offend you.

As far as I can tell, it seems to work. So it's fairly valid as far as I can tell. The title might not be appropriate, but there's not exactly a lot I can do about that as I'm not the original poster. Skating around in circles in Lumiouse seems to make the process go a lot faster, especially with the flame body Pokemon.

Years
  • As far as I can tell, it seems to work. So it's fairly valid as far as I can tell. The title might not be appropriate, but there's not exactly a lot I can do about that as I'm not the original poster. Skating around in circles in Lumiouse seems to make the process go a lot faster, especially with the flame body Pokemon.

That's not the only source of information that tells you that, though. There are dozen(s) of youtube videos that gives the exact same set of instructions that don't have such a misleading "title" that could've been used instead.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I always hatch there... It makes it easy to post on pc while the eggs hatch! Otherwise, I'd be bored to tears.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It looks like I'm now the proud owner of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 female Jolly Unnerve Axew.

Out of a 5x31/4x31 parent pair.

Sometimes I'm inclined to think that the RNG in my Pokémon Y is broken xD

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Why Unnerve, though? Just breeding for HAs and non-HAs?

Not even trying - I'm just trying for IVs. Having Unnerve was a side effect - at least I can still get a Mold Breaker Axew from the updated pair, as well as any ability that is possible.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I've been thinking about something for awhile and I've finally seen the light. I've been thinking about Dream World Females. It wasn't required that you pick the Dream Ball, you could catch them in any Ball. This means there is the potential for HA Dream World Females in Premier Balls. This also means that there are some Pokémon that I originally thought would be stuck in Pokéballs in my living Dex that don't have to be, like fossils for example.

I want my Dex as uniform as possible. As many Premier Balls as possible because I think they look the cleanest, most uniform. Now not all Pokémon can be in a Premier Ball such as HA starters from Gen 3 and 4. Male Only and Genderless I could catch but prefer to breed them so they will be stuck in Pokéballs. This helps keep it uniform. Either Premier or Poké.

I was thinking that fossils would be stuck in Pokéballs as well but I was forgetting about the Dream World and Pokéball choice. The great thing here is I have seen a few HA Females in Premier Balls. Lileep being one of them.

There is hope yet to minimize the Pokéballs in my Dex!! The great thing is is I only need to find the unavailable in XY and fossils really in Premier Balls. I have caught most Females in Premier on Black 2 that don't have HA like Koffing and Slakoth for example. Now I just need to compile a list of Pokémon I need from Dream World and try to find them, considering it is shut down now and most people used the Dream Ball, this won't be easy but I won't give up.

I don't know why I typed all that, just felt like telling people lol. I also have people messaging me when they get Events in Premier Balls!! Like Shaymin and Darkrai, thanks to everybody helping me out!! You're all awesome!!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Lol it seems like you really like premier balls! I usually go to them when I need something default. I used it to catch my Shiny Braixen, so I definitely see the appeal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back