• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner's Corner of Chit-Chat...Corner

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
  • Ok question about shiny egg hatching attempts-

Say I went through 90 Treecko egg attempts, stopped, hatched some Charmander, Goomy, and Dratini, then came back and used different parents for Treecko...does my "egg hatch counter and shiny probality" start over or go back down?

Answer's probably yes but I'm not sure how to find the answer.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Ok question about shiny egg hatching attempts-

Say I went through 90 Treecko egg attempts, stopped, hatched some Charmander, Goomy, and Dratini, then came back and used different parents for Treecko...does my "egg hatch counter and shiny probality" start over or go back down?

Answer's probably yes but I'm not sure how to find the answer.

I think I understand what you're trying to ask, but correct me if I'm wrong.

In Sword and Shield, all of the data about the egg is generated from the moment of picking it up. You mentioned different parents after; assuming that the conditions are still the same (you have a foreign parent for the Masuda method and/or Shiny Charm), you still have the same chances of obtaining a shiny Treecko. It's all about luck. You could breed one Treecko egg, then one hundred Charmanders, then go back to breeding Treecko and the very first egg is shiny. Or you could breed one thousand Treecko eggs and not get any shiny at all.

So with that out of the way, feel free to breed as many other Pokemon inbetween as you like! Due to how eggs work in the new games though, don't feel guilty if any of the Charmander/Goomy/Dratini hatch shiny, as that DOES NOT mean it "could have been" a shiny Treecko, and definitely don't try to reset and swap the parents out as you'll lose the shiny egg in this way!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I think I understand what you're trying to ask, but correct me if I'm wrong.

In Sword and Shield, all of the data about the egg is generated from the moment of picking it up. You mentioned different parents after; assuming that the conditions are still the same (you have a foreign parent for the Masuda method and/or Shiny Charm), you still have the same chances of obtaining a shiny Treecko. It's all about luck. You could breed one Treecko egg, then one hundred Charmanders, then go back to breeding Treecko and the very first egg is shiny. Or you could breed one thousand Treecko eggs and not get any shiny at all.

So with that out of the way, feel free to breed as many other Pokemon inbetween as you like! Due to how eggs work in the new games though, don't feel guilty if any of the Charmander/Goomy/Dratini hatch shiny, as that DOES NOT mean it "could have been" a shiny Treecko, and definitely don't try to reset and swap the parents out as you'll lose the shiny egg in this way!

I guess what I meant is...will breaking the treecko chain lower the odds? I think the best answer is it won't matter much when it could take hundreds lol.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I guess what I meant is...will breaking the treecko chain lower the odds? I think the best answer is it won't matter much when it could take hundreds lol.

Nope! Unlike chain catching, breeding doesn't really have any sort of 'chaining' feature; egg #1 has the same odds as egg #1000. I suppose it's both a good and a bad thing, especially in your scenario.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2020
    To be honest, I mostly trade my Pokemon just to complete the Pokedex. Currently, I'm trying to do that for Let's Go Pikachu. I'm mostly missing some Pokemon which includes Mew (unfortunately, there's no Pokeball Plus I could find that had it), Meltan (since I suck at Pokemon Go and can't find one through the methods of finding one or catch it), and Melmetal. The thing is, when I first began gen 1 Pokemon, my brother (who use to play a lot of Pokemon back then) and I would usually trade and keep one copy of each Pokemon for the Pokedex entry (just so we know which was which) and I make sure they're usually the legal Pokemon. So sometimes I turn to trading online (as of wonder trading) with others through the Let's Go system. I don't care about shinys, I just like to make sure my Pokedex is complete.Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I have a few questions about Shiny Legends.

Has there ever been a Shiny Meloetta event even if Japanese? I have red in some places where that has been one, but I have never seen a legal one.

That is really only question I have, the other one is for Shiny Genesect, but that is probably more for trades.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Hello to everyone. Newbie here. 🙂

@Ronnerino

I do have a Dragalge with hidden ability in Pokemon Y. I just have to send its offsprings to Pokemon HOME. 🙂

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey this is just a question but is it illegal to sell pokemon from inside the games like Sword and Shield for real money?

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I have a few questions about Shiny Legends.

Has there ever been a Shiny Meloetta event even if Japanese? I have red in some places where that has been one, but I have never seen a legal one.

That is really only question I have, the other one is for Shiny Genesect, but that is probably more for trades.

No Shiny Meloetta event as per Serebii.net
    https://serebii.net/events/dex/648.shtml

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • And to kick us off, I'll start by asking everyone a question; What's the rarest Pokemon you've ever obtained from a trade?

For me, I think it would have to be my shiny WISHMKR Jirachi. I joined PC to try to get a Jirachi, but someone was nice enough to give me a shiny one instead!

I received this an hour ago via Surprise Trade.

Edw8LSeUYAE8fhq

I released it right away after realizing it's hacked. I mean it's obviously hacked, right? Why would someone send a legitimate Shiny Pokemon via Surprise Trade?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Hey this is just a question but is it illegal to sell pokemon from inside the games like Sword and Shield for real money?
    It's definitely not allowed on PokeCommunity and most respectable Pokemon websites, and I'm fairly certain it's against the Terms of Use of Game Freak as well.

I released it right away after realizing it's hacked. I mean it's obviously hacked, right? Why would someone send a legitimate Shiny Pokemon via Surprise Trade?
    Sadly this is definitely hacked (.com and .tv are always advertisement names/OTs), but if nothing else at least releasing it means that it can't be traded to another less mindful soul!

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • It's definitely not allowed on PokeCommunity and most respectable Pokemon websites, and I'm fairly certain it's against the Terms of Use of Game Freak as well.

Sadly this is definitely hacked (.com and .tv are always advertisement names/OTs), but if nothing else at least releasing it means that it can't be traded to another less mindful soul!

Another one I received and released 😒
    EdyXXFPU4AEGabi

I found out just now that the held items went to my bag when I released them! I panicked when I can't find the "toss" option, and then I suddenly thought of getting rid of them via the move "Fling." Fortunately, it worked. That should fix the problem, right? I won't get banned from using online features just because of receiving them from trade?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW, I'm still offering this Espeon (transferred from Crystal) for trade. It can learn Zap Cannon only in Gen II, so the only way for it to have that move in Gen III onwards is through transfer.
    Edn9EEFUEAAk_f1

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years

• Just a note, you definitely won't get banned for taking the items of a hacked Pokemon, so long as the item can naturally exist within the game of course and you're able to otherwise get multiple copies of it (in this case, it's very easy to have another user attach a totally legitimate Master Ball on a Pokemon and trade it for something of value). Using a hacked Pokemon online can have repercussions from Game Freak, but there's not much point to letting a perfectly good item go to waste!

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Just a note, you definitely won't get banned for taking the items of a hacked Pokemon, so long as the item can naturally exist within the game of course and you're able to otherwise get multiple copies of it (in this case, it's very easy to have another user attach a totally legitimate Master Ball on a Pokemon and trade it for something of value). Using a hacked Pokemon online can have repercussions from Game Freak, but there's not much point to letting a perfectly good item go to waste!

But what if the Master Ball is also hacked? I got rid of it just to be safe. 🙂

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • But what if the Master Ball is also hacked? I got rid of it just to be safe. 🙂

Whilst items can be hacked in they can never be caught out as long as they exist within the game and are legit at the time of getting them. A lot of people hack in items, especially back in the days of Gen 4 & 5. Gamefreak would never know one of your masterballs was hacked in, or even received in a trade from a hacker. Items aren't coded that way, so you don't need to worry!

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Whilst items can be hacked in they can never be caught out as long as they exist within the game and are legit at the time of getting them. A lot of people hack in items, especially back in the days of Gen 4 & 5. Gamefreak would never know one of your masterballs was hacked in, or even received in a trade from a hacker. Items aren't coded that way, so you don't need to worry!

Thanks! I'm also aware of the in-game glitch in Gen III wherein a Pokemon with held item deposited in a PC box can be cloned along with its held item.

But they have ways of knowing if a Pokemon is hacked or not? A hacked Pokemon joined my online raid a few hours ago. It's obviously hacked because it's Shiny and nicknamed "Shiny.com." I won't get penalty for this, right?

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
  • Thanks! I'm also aware of the in-game glitch in Gen III wherein a Pokemon with held item deposited in a PC box can be cloned along with its held item.

But they have ways of knowing if a Pokemon is hacked or not? A hacked Pokemon joined my online raid a few hours ago. It's obviously hacked because it's Shiny and nicknamed "Shiny.com." I won't get penalty for this, right?

Oh that cloning glitch gave me many a master ball..

The player would face the penalty in that case, however they don't track hacked Pokemon in online raids, eventually they managed to crackdown on people who CREATED hacked raids, but if a player uses a hacked Pokemon that player would be the one who was punished, plus those "website" made Pokemon, whilst they are technically "hacked", they are made to be legit, so during online play they are virtually undetectable.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Oh that cloning glitch gave me many a master ball..

The player would face the penalty in that case, however they don't track hacked Pokemon in online raids, eventually they managed to crackdown on people who CREATED hacked raids, but if a player uses a hacked Pokemon that player would be the one who was punished, plus those "website" made Pokemon, whilst they are technically "hacked", they are made to be legit, so during online play they are virtually undetectable.

That glitch gave me lots of rare candies.

I guess the player I was talking about was not aware it's hacked. I think it's a much better idea for the Pokemon Company to just prevent these hacked Pokemon from joining online activities.

I got curious, so I visited Machamps.com. It's a Facebook page, and I'm just wondering why it has lots of likes and followers.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
  • That glitch gave me lots of rare candies.

I guess the player I was talking about was not aware it's hacked. I think it's a much better idea for the Pokemon Company to just prevent these hacked Pokemon from joining online activities.

I got curious, so I visited Machamps.com. It's a Facebook page, and I'm just wondering why it has lots of likes and followers.

Recently they're is a big surge in people using PkHex to modify Pokemon and then "sell" them on or some people use them as promotion for their websites by wonder trading them out. I believe it happened in previous generations, too, but since SWSH is a lot bigger, their presence is a lot more known. I understand why they do it, and I understand why people go to them, I just don't like it myself.

They generally do stop hacked Pokemon from appearing in Online play, but there's a difference between a hacked Pokemon that is legit and just a blatantly hacked Pokemon. I don't think it's fair to punish players who have legit hacked Pokemon, a lot of people receive them via trade and don't really know who or what it is, it's not massively fair to ban a player who didn't know what they were getting, especially if the Pokemon in question appears legit.

Back