• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] TRAINERS (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd never have guessed that route 9 of all places could become this social hub. Thanks again everybody for making this work well. You're all really cool.

Years
  • Name: Bethany Miller

TRAINERS (OOC)

Since the young age of five Bethany (Not then named that) lived in an orphanage in Spikemuth after her parents threw her onto the streets (Why they did is unknown, as Bethany never likes to dig into that). During her time there she formed a bond with some other orphans there. They lived in a rather large orphanage and there often wasn't enough food to go around for everyone living there so Bethany and her cohorts often took it among themselves to help their fellow orphans through the only means they knew how; By stealing. Bethany and her friends became known as a group of bandits and called themselves "The Pincurchins". During these outings as The Pincurchins, Bethany learned that she needed to sink or swim, causing her to get a bit pushy around her peers since she thought that was the only way to survive.

These lasted until she was 8 years old when by some stroke of luck she was adopted by Walter Miller, an old rich man living in Hammerlocke. There was something about her behavior that stood out to Walter, and he definitely felt like she would be able to succeed in the world. From there she was officially given the name Bethany Miller and shortly after her adoption into the Miller family, she was put into private tutoring on Pokemon battles. During her time in Spikemuth she always had a passing interest in being a Pokemon trainer, but it was something she knew could never be a reality. Fortunately for her, the Miller family were also esteemed battlers, so things were lining up perfectly for her.

At 11 years old, she accepted Walter's offer to enroll at Wyndon Academy, a Galar equivalent to the Safari Academy in Kanto. Upon her first day though, she was bullied for her accent, which persisted through her first year of school. She tried hiding her accent during her first year, but after a straight year of being bullied she decided she had enough of hiding her accent and snapped at the students giving her hell; She wasn't going to hide herself anymore and she was going to make her bullies as miserable as they made her. That was how that started out of course, but soon enough everyone became scared of her, and this lasted the entire time she was at Wyndon Academy.

Similar to the major Kanto academies, in order for students to graduate they need to set out on a Pokemon journey in Galar. Unfortunately for Bethany, she couldn't complete her journey. Galar is well known for how tough gyms are, and are really tough on new trainers, and Bethany experienced this first-hand. Walter thought it'd be a good idea to have her attend an overseas academy since Galar was too tough on Bethany, and thought Cape College was a better environment for her since she needed some experience with the world outside of Pokemon battles.

Bethany's plans after graduating Cape College is to return to Galar and retry the League there and live up to her family name. What better way to live up to the Miller family than having completed both the Kanto AND Galar leagues?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gwen
    Pix grew to Lv 13!
    Pix learned Confuse Ray!
    Custard grew to Lv 10!
    Custard is able to learn Double Team and Quick Attack! Choose 1 old move to forget, or 1 of these new to not learn. Answer in the OOC thread.
    Tusk grew to Lv 13!
    Tusk is able to learn Assurance, Taunt, Dragon Rage and Dual Chop! Choose up to 2 old moves to forget, or up to 2 of these new not to learn. Answer in the OOC thread.
    Jess grew to Lv 9!

Bruno
    Shir grew to Lv 14!
    Shir learned Growth!

Vera
    Bonnie grew to Lv 15!
    Sapphire grew to Lv 12!
    Sapphire learned Pay Day! I have no idea how this move will work in this RP lmao? Will Vera get rich??? Or does the "money" created vanish later on xD Like a solid illusion.

Arianne
    Eric grew to Lv 15!
    Eric is able to learn Bubble and Water Pulse! Choose up to 2 old moves to forget, or up to 2 of these new not to learn. Answer in the OOC thread.
    Mulan grew to Lv 10!

Noel

Luna grew to Lv 11!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eric (Squirtle) will learn Water Pulse in place of Tackle, but will not learn Bubble 😊
    feel like this is the best way to go about this... maybe.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Arianne
    Eric grew to Lv 16!
    Mizar grew to Lv 10!
    Mizar learned Bite!
    Ari caught a Morelull! Female, Lv 8

Richard
    Eileen grew to Lv 15!
    Eileen is able to learn Thunder Wave! Forget an old move? Answer in the OOC thread.
    Uri grew to Lv 19!
    Uri learned Disable and Night Shade! Uri is absolutely OP and needs a nerf

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gwen
    Pix grew to Lv 15!
    Pix learned Fire Spin!
    Tusk grew to Lv 15!
    Tusk is able to learn Slash! Forget an old move? Answer in the OOC thread.
    Jess grew to Lv 10!
    Custard grew to Lv 11!

Vera
    Sapphire grew to Lv 15!
    Sapphire is able to learn Fury Swipes! Forget an old move? Answer in the OOC thread.

Jordan
    Hop grew to Lv 10!
    Hop learned Mirror Move!
    Tangles grew to Lv 13!

Casey
    Parsley grew to Lv 11!
    Parsley learned Leech Seed!
    Parsley is able to learn Razor Leaf! Forget an old move? Answer in the OOC thread.
    Ginger grew to Lv 12!
    Ginger is able to learn Baby Doll Eyes! Forget an old move? Answer in the OOC thread.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Good evening... at least for me it is. The RP seems interesting and I wish I had found it much earlier.

I noticed there are two pokemon available, but in a quick scan on SUs, I noticed SUs with those pokemon and was just wondering if the RP was still open to join? I love how the RP is set up and would love to join, not completely familiar with this RP style, but I do like it.

If there available pokemon in the first post are indeed still available, then I'll reserve Pikachu and try my best to get an SU up at some point tonight.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Good evening... at least for me it is. The RP seems interesting and I wish I had found it much earlier.

I noticed there are two pokemon available, but in a quick scan on SUs, I noticed SUs with those pokemon and was just wondering if the RP was still open to join? I love how the RP is set up and would love to join, not completely familiar with this RP style, but I do like it.

If there available pokemon in the first post are indeed still available, then I'll reserve Pikachu and try my best to get an SU up at some point tonight.
    Hi, nice to see you there! We're open on request, for a couple more spots, and if you submit a SU and we think you and your character fits well into the group, we will likely accept you :D

We mostly communicate on a Discord server so it's good if you feel you can be active there~ lots of discussion, planning, banter and nonsense!

Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Psyduck and Growlithe are currently available starters! Be aware that there are a lot of Pikachus in the RP already haha, but they are almost all Alolan (except for a NPCs Kantonian Pikachu).

Looking forward to seeing your application!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

TRAINERS (OOC)

Coralie Summers
    Cerulean City
    Pokémon: Bulbasaur
    Moves: Stone edge

Family: Coralie is the youngest daughter of 6 children, Fletcher, 22, Emerson, 20, Jasper, 19, Olivia, 18, and Elliott, 16. Her mother, Ida, is a Kindergarten teacher and a pokemon breeder, and her father, Arthur, is an accountant.

Brief History: Arthur and Ida were high-school sweethearts who married shortly after graduation. They both attended university and pursued their careers before starting a family. Ida and Arthur are extremely dedicated to both their jobs and children, and have equally shared the responsibility raising their children. Coralie, being the youngest, is often babied and by both her parents and her elder siblings, who have assisted her parents in raising her. Coralie is especially close with Elliott, or Ellie, as she calls him, as they are close in age and possess similar personalities. The two of them often would go adventuring around their city together, alongside Coralie's childhood friend, Amika. Of course, most of these expeditions occurred without their parent's knowledge. While Ida constantly fretted about her children getting themselves in trouble, Arthur secretly admired his children's relentless sense of adventure. Two years ago, Elliott was conditionally accepted into Cape college and has since graduated. He is now embarking on a pokemon journey of his own. With the exception of Emerson, who is enrolled in Lumiose University and is studying neuropsychology, the rest of Coraline's siblings have all either strived to be pokemon trainers, co-ordinators, or breeders. This is largely due to the fact that they were brought up alongside a plethora of different pokemon from various regions, as Ida raised a lot and spend her free time caring for her pokemon. Coralie was unsure about her path in life, however, she was encouraged by her family to attend Cape College.

Personality: Coralie is quite a meek individual. Initially, she can be quite reserved and bashful, but upon getting to know her, her personality blossoms brilliantly, like a firework bursting in the sky. She is bubbly and immensely quirky. Coralie laughs often and she finds herself amused by the simplest of things. Furthermore, Coralie is a gentle soul and is incredibly emotional and empathic. She feels deeply for others and if she witnesses another in pain, she often internalizes it and thus her emotions can change as swiftly as a brewing storm. Coralie is also a klutz, she is ridiculously clumsy and is constantly bumping into others or dropping things. It's a characteristic that others around her have grown to accept. Coralie is also quite rash and can be impish at times, she tends to be spontaneous and rarely takes the time to properly think decisions through. This reckless behavior has gotten her into trouble multiple times, however, Coralie usually relies on her wit to get her out of potentially dangerous situations.

Hobbies: Coralie is quite artistic and spends her days drawing, painting, and creating masterpieces with her hands. Her favourite pair of overalls are splattered with paint and she's constantly dirtying her hands and fingers. She also enjoys reading the occasional novel and loves to play with her mother's pokemon. She especially has a close relationship with her mother's Lickitung and Skipbloom.

Dreams or aspirations:
    Coralie wants to become a pokemon trainer. Moreover, she desires to use her knowledge of breeding and raising strong, healthy pokemon to assist her in her training efforts. She looks to her older siblings and her mother for inspiration. She hopes to catch a lot of pokemon in order to befriend and battle with them. She believes that establishing strong, unbreakable bonds with pokemon is absolutely fundamental in order to become successful.

Theme:

Rp Example:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nice SU! Only a few questions.

If Elliott was accepted into the Cape College 2 years ago (at the very unusually high age of 14) he would graduate and journey at the same time as Coralie now. Is this the case?

Stone Edge is a quite odd move for a Bulbasaur to know. What is the reasoning here, I'm wondering?

I ask you to not center your text IC as you did in your RP sample ;)

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Nice SU! Only a few questions.

If Elliott was accepted into the Cape College 2 years ago (at the very unusually high age of 14) he would graduate and journey at the same time as Coralie now. Is this the case?

Stone Edge is a quite odd move for a Bulbasaur to know. What is the reasoning here, I'm wondering?

I ask you to not center your text IC as you did in your RP sample ;)

1. Yes, this is the case. Elliott applied considerably late, as he didn't want to leave his younger sister behind. Due to their closeness, he wanted to attend school alongside her.

2. I chose Stone edge because it will counter two of Bulbasaur's main weaknesses, fire and flying. I was considering earthquake, but it's a move that Venasaur can learn by TM and it only counters fire types. Lastly, it is a move that one would not anticipate a Bulbasaur to possess, so there is an element of surprise there as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    1. Yes, this is the case. Elliott applied considerably late, as he didn't want to leave his younger sister behind. Due to their closeness, he wanted to attend school alongside her.

2. I chose Stone edge because it will counter two of Bulbasaur's main weaknesses, fire and flying. I was considering earthquake, but it's a move that Venasaur can learn by TM and it only counters fire types. Lastly, it is a move that one would not anticipate a Bulbasaur to possess, so there is an element of surprise there as well.
    Ok! I think Stone Edge might not specifically counter birds as it states "strikes with rocks from below" rather than tossing them, but if I can let a Cubone have a green light saber and an Abra and Meowth go OP with Ice moves, a Bulbasaur can use Stone Moves xD

Welcome to the RP!
    Since we are currently RPing in Rock TUnnel, I suggest you start here :) You can find the chapter information in the first IC thread post. There is also an extra IC thread for non-canon or non-MainCharacter posts, for fun ^^

Let me know if you have any questions.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Ok! I think Stone Edge might not specifically counter birds as it states "strikes with rocks from below" rather than tossing them, but if I can let a Cubone have a green light saber and an Abra and Meowth go OP with Ice moves, a Bulbasaur can use Stone Moves xD

Welcome to the RP!
    Since we are currently RPing in Rock TUnnel, I suggest you start here :) You can find the chapter information in the first IC thread post. There is also an extra IC thread for non-canon or non-MainCharacter posts, for fun ^^

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ok thank you so much!!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Sorry for getting behind after I said I was interested in joining. Something had come up and I was unable to get to a computer and thank your for more info. I am still very much interested, but I will not reserve anything this time. I will attempt to have an SU soon.

Alex Warren
    Hometown: Olivine City, Johto

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Family:
    Alex's family was pretty average, or at least what he considered average. Because Olivine was such a major port city they had to be somewhat wealthy to live there. His mother works at one of the many cafes in the city. She runs a souvenir shop where she makes were own stuff to sell, as well as sell stuff for other people. With Olivine being the 'closest port to foreign lands' there are many souvenirs from not only Johto and Kanto, but also Unova, Kalos and many other regions around the world. His father was a merchant who would travel at sea for many weeks at a time to sell stuff for their family and then bring back money. The good thing was, his father wasn't gone all the time, so he is able to see him plenty unlike other sailors. Alex also had three siblings, two twin sisters who went to travel together, coming up with new ideas for their mother. They were 16. And his older brother who was 20. His brother used to work with their father, but after seeing the Kalos Region, he took his leave to explore. This lead to Alex himself wanting to travel and collect things from different regions

Brief history:
    When he had just turned 11 and his siblings had already began to travel, his father took him and his mother on vacation in Kanto. While he was their, he had learned about the Cape College from a pamphlet that he was given. This made his start to dream about what he wanted to do and that was to travel. He asked his parents if he could go and although the were reluctant at first, they agreed. After going through all they had to go through, Alex began to study their a few months after turning 11.

Personality:
    Alex is very adventurous, but kind. He loves seeing art from other people dreaming that he could be the artist that others were, but his drove him to photography, giving him the perfect thing to match with his dream of traveling and collecting things. Alex loves pokemon and can get along with mostly everyone, however, he prefers to stay in the background, not wanting a lot of attention, but that doesn't stop him from wanting to meet new people and make new friends. Alex loves all pokemon and one would think that he liked water types, however, he loves just about any pokemon the color of the Olivine Sunset, pushing him more to like fire types over water types.

Hobbies:
    Alex loves taking photos of pokemon and landscapes. He also enjoys looking and studying art from other people to get ideas for photos, usually leading him to taking challenging pictures. Alex also loves traveling and exploring new places. Even though he likes all of that and pokemon battling, his favorite thing to do was to collect things such as photos of cities, special items from each city or region and everything in between.

Dreams or aspirations:
    Alex dreams of one day visiting every region and taking photos of every city or special area at different parts of the year and day, depending on how the environment was for each city. For example, if a city rarely got snow or wasn't really affected by Autumn, he would focus on time of day. Because of his love for collecting, he is drawn to sets of items... which... leads him to gym badges, ribbons and trophies. Currently he doesn't care how long it takes, as long as he collects them all.

Theme song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbS_K70PRdo

Starter pokémon:
    Growlithe
    Male
    Flash Fire
    Illegal Move: Electro Ball

Roleplay sample:
    Spoiler:

"I really do love cats"

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    just a little genderbending fun from another RP, put here because it's for Loomie haha

[div="max-width:900px;]Before joining Tocker Corporations, Helmuth had found the time to visit Coumarine one last time. He rarely met his family this way, but this one last time he felt, at least, more confident to confront them. Everything went as planned, really - they all talked about Helmuth's new job, of which he didn't share many details, in front of an abundant, delicious lunch. He then found some time to meet his Coumarine friends and enjoy some time in his hometown. By the time he came back to Lumiose, he had one additional baggage full of things - gifts, clothing, books, anything that he wanted to bring in the new home with him.
    Most of his roommates and classmates organized another party in Lumiose as well, to celebrate Helmuth's new job… although the majority of them wasn't told where Helmuth would have ended up shortly after. Only his closest friends really knew that if he succeeded, he wouldn't have been around for years - and to those concerns, Helmuth responded by saying, he would have done his best to at least communicate with them once again. Or even escape if things got out of hand… never say never!

This was his effort to prepare himself in advance. He'd already had a taste of things to come when he first got to know about Tocker, and had his theories confirmed when he was eventually told how their Living Facility worked. Despite hos attempts to plan every next move of his, he couldn't quite grasp what "ten years underground", as he used to say, really meant.
    The last day before his final interview, he'd packed nearly everything he could into a various set of boxes and suitcases, only leaving out a handful of clothes and, obviously, all the furniture. He wasn't as afraid of leaving something out, as he was afraid of having packed too much stuff - and therefore having the Tocker staff not bringing some of his possessions inside his new home.

The day of Helmuth's last interview, two Tocker employees reached his shared apartment, located in Western Lumiose. On the doorstep stood Sam, one of Helmuth's roommates, who only had some morning lessons to attend to and was spending the rest of the day at home.
    The place wasn't very new and modern anymore, but still cozy and large enough for four people. It was supposed to house a family with kids, but it was equally apt for a group of students with their Pokémon.

Being a shared apartment, Tocker couldn't take any of the furniture, unless it belonged specifically to Helmuth. It also meant the company had to provide Helmuth with new appliances - after all, not even the furniture at Helmuth's Coumarine home was available to take - but, at least, this meant less work for the moving team.
    Sam directed the two men towards his room, which he had shared with Helmuth for years. There were in fact two beds, one with just a sweatshirt on top and one covered with various bags: nearly all of Helmuth's possessions, ready to be taken away. Sam could only wonder who would have taken his place as the fourth roommate - after all, apartments like that one were quite sought-after by incoming students or young people trying to build their future in Lumiose.
    The young man offered to help the two employees with their job, but they refused and left him a little baffled. Telling them what was Helmuth's stuff and what was not was already enough.

Beside Helmuth's bed, one could find the largest boxes and suitcases, which mostly contained clothes and shoes… usually boots, to be precise. He packed in there almost every clothing item he had, with the few that remained now hung inside his wardrobe in his Coumarine home - or being worn by Helmuth herself, of course.
    The day before, Helmuth was admittedly surprised not to have filled more bags of clothes… but that's because he used to borrow items from his friends to complete his fancier outfits - the ones he couldn't afford to have without external help.

Once that was dealt with, the two men eagerly looked around the room for more things to load into their moving van. The more things they could get, the less things Tocker needed to provide Helmuth, and therefore the better they would have done their job - according to their superiors, at least. Sam eventually pointed them towards a small office chair, which Helmuth had actually bought himself in place of the… normal chair that was part of the apartment's standard furniture. He could see why his previous roommate made that choice, and deep inside wanted to lie and keep that chair for himself, but that wouldn't have been fair towards Helmuth. One more run in the elevator and the small chair was gone.
    Sam was reminded of the times where Camille, Helmuth's then Steenee, used to have her trainer spin her on that chair, and get down all dizzy. For some reason unknown to man, that Pokémon really liked it, even if it would mean hitting various things with her leaves afterwards and have Helmuth fix everything. Yet there was something charming about that little fella. About how she was so confident, spreading her scent everywhere, smiling and dancing all the time only to fall into Helmuth's arms as if she was testing his trust. Not even he and Chris, his Vanillite, seemed to have such a strong bond.

Finally, the Tocker employees started to take what was lying on Helmuth's bed, all of which was organized inside his few backpacks. They contained accessories, jewels, books, gifts… including a small parting gift from Sam himself.
    One bag in particular contained Helmuth's skating gear - after all, it was mostly Sam who had persuaded the other guy and have him begin skating. Whereas Helmuth had never tried it before, and had spent his first year in Lumiose walking and using public transport only (even Gogoats if needed), Sam used to skate since he was much younger, as he came from Snowbelle City.
    The two guys would often spend what little free time they had trying to learn tricks from each other (Helmuth favoured speed while Sam favoured figure skating): once, as the weather was terrible for two weeks in a row, they even tried to wear skates in their apartment's entrance room - also known as the "Pokèmon room" - when no one else was around. Of course, that experiment ended up just like with Steenee spinning (except on an even bigger scale), but it allowed the two guys to bond even more.

Now, Helmuth had always been selfish. Sam couldn't deny that: even worse, he and the other roommates often used to argue with the Coumarine boy. But… after living in the same apartment for a couple months, they all got to know each other better. In fact, Sam always prided himself of knowing a vulnerable side of his friend that was normally hidden - the Helmuth trying to prove himself, trying to get approval, trying not to miss out on anything, trying to make genuinely good friendships.
    The red haired guy was - that also couldn't be denied - quite good at getting his friends do what he wanted. Rest assured, he'd do his best to give something in return, even if it was just some of his time. But as time passed by, Sam was only more and more happy to help Helmuth out.

All these thoughts crossed Sam's mind as the two men finished their work, greeted him, and left, their truck quickly heading towards Eastern Lumiose. Sam checked the fridge, trying to come up with something to cook for dinner, then got back to his studying.

Give me one more year.[/div]

Back