• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters

Koiko

A Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Years
  • Mudkips because...
    Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

/thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2015
    I'm choosing Torchic as I played Sapphire and Emerald with Torchic and is probably my favourite Hoenn starter. I used Charizard instead of Blaziken in X so it will be nice for me to see Mega Blaziken properly :) I'm going to be playing Alpha Sapphire first but if I play Omega Ruby, I might choose Treecko.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Just gonna trade the starters to my Fren ds then trade everything back again.starting with all three starters yay!

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • I'm not sure ;-; I'm probably gonna choose Mudkip for the following reasons:

*Really wanna use Breloom, which means no Treecko, I like to have diversity (though I did have two Dark Types in Y...)
    *Already used Torchic in XY
    *When he eventually evolves, Mudkip will destroy Watson, and we wont have a Mega Sceptile by then...

But some reasons I DO want Treecko:

*I love Treecko
    *Treecko is boss
    *He is Grass
    *He has one of the best Megas IMO
    *Treecko is still boss
    *Treecko was my first and is my favourite starter (but I did play Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team first, where I had a Cubone...)

EDIT: I'll probably just choose Treecko for AS when I get it, and Mudkip for OR when I eventually get that afterwards (but knowing my luck, I'll get OR first, just like with XY where I bought X first, but couldn't play for two months until I got a 3DS that could play it, whee I got Y and was nice enough to play with my gift first :P)

Zetsuen

A M B I E N T
    Years
  • Always used to choose Torchic every time I played RSE, but took a liking for Mudkip later on. So yeah, gonna go for Mudkip.

Years
  • I myself am going to go with Treecko, because I've used Mudkip way too many times, and Mega Sceptile looks amazing. Grass/Dragon? Yes please!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    TREECKO.
    dat mega evolution. just.
    It gets Grass/Dragon like what Pepperton said above. *dies*
    i would normally go for torchic or mudkip but I've used them a lot recently xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I got a Shiny Sceptile, and I already have a Blaziken (without the Blazikenite sadly), so I'm more likely going to choose Mudkip because its mega evo is just badass yo.

Years
  • I would have thought Mudkip would be the most popular, but it seems Mega Sceptile has made more people want to pick Treecko.
    I will pickMudkip because, it is of my favorite Pokemon, it's and okay Pokemon, plus I want to try out Mega Swampert

Years
  • So many Treecko votes! Yay my baby is getting love.

I'm going with Treecko and should be mega evolving it, hopefully. I tend to neglect mega evos since the games are usually easy enough even without them but this time around I'm trying to change that. Definitely going to be using it on my team. :3

Years
  • Treecko for the win! :D

It's become my all-time favourite starter ever since Emerald, when I originally picked Torchic, was dissatisfied and restarted with Treecko which led me to appreciate Grass Starters more (not to mention Leaf Blade!!) :)

Plus, its Mega is UNREAL, seriously I don't think I've ever seen such perfection before haha, it completely exceeded my expectations :)

I feel kinda bad for Torchic - I feel like it would have a lot more votes in the poll if it hadn't been used already in X/Y :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Where's the love for Torchic :(? I always choose Fire, so this will be mine, plus I like Blaziken better anyways.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I'm going Treecko, Blaziken is overated I think. Maybe Mudkip but I don't like Marshstomp that much.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm going Treecko, Blaziken is overated I think. Maybe Mudkip but I don't like Marshstomp that much.

Something you could do is keep it at a Mudkip, and evolve it at the level before it evolves into Marshtomp, and then after one level you'll get Swampert without needing to deal with it being a Marshtomp for long. Middle stages are the easiest to deal with like that imo.

Sadly Torchic having had an event in XY seems to be lowering the number of those using it. I would choose Torchic if it weren't for the XY event too tbh. Well, maybe if it end up having another Mega it'll see those picking it sky rocket :)

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Mudkip for sure, even if just for nostalgic purposes. Not too fond of his mega, but I don't like any of the Hoenn starter Megas really. I've become quite fond of Treecko/Grovyle lately but like I said, nostalgia = Mudkip.

Back