• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
  • I am going for Treecko. He was my pick for my Emerald game back in the day, and he will be the one I am starting my journey with in Alpha Sapphire. I always loved the way Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile looked, and now that Sceptile is getting a Mega evo there wouldn't be a chance in the world I was going to miss it!

Years
  • I'm going for Mudkip. Not only does it evolve into my favorite Pokemon but, I liek him (pun intended). And he's not only going to have a powerhouse once it mega evolves into Swampert, it'll finally get the recognition it deserves

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm still pretty torn between Mudkip and Treecko, but I think I might be leaning slightly more towards Treecko now. Mega Sceptile is really growing on me.

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    Haven't decided between Treecko and Mudkip, love both of them equally. /_\ I usually pic the water starter tho so I might try my luck with Treecko this time.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Treecko's my boy!

I had a blast with him when I first played Emerald. I remember not even evolving him until level 20-25, just to make things interesting, and because I know he can hang with the best.

So, my choice: Treecko.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Maridia the Mudkip is ready to go ham on Hoenn. I'm so psyched for ORAS and I wasn't even a much of a fan of Hoenn.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • gotta go with Mudkip! it is a beast! :) but if I had to pick a different pokemon than Mudkip it would be Treeko.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm definitely gonna go with Mudkip when I get Omega Ruby. Mudkip was the starter I picked when I first got Ruby so definitely wanna go through the remake with the same guy.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ive always used the other 2 Treeko is so awesome though and now hes part dragon im gonna have to go with him leaf blade dragon rush life will be great :)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I will do exactly the same thing as I did on Ruby when I got it, and pick Treecko. I could very well use it's mega evo, but we'll see. I could be getting both games, so on AS I will be getting Mudkip as a second choice.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
    Years
  • Treecko in Alpha Sapphire, Torchic in Omega Ruby.

When I first saw Mega Sceptile, I knew I would have him. I never choose the same starter in both games, and since Mega Swampert doesn't appeal to me, I'll go with Torchic in my other game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    I'm picking Mudkip to match the color of the game I'm choosing (Alpha Sapphire). Also, back in the days I chose Mudkip as my starter in Emerald and I remember that I didn't evolve him until level 40. In the demo I'll probably choose Grovyle just so I can use a different starter, and I'm not a big fan of Combusken. Maybe I'll transfer that Grovyle to my Alpha Sapphire just so I can have 2 starters :D.

Years
  • Definitely Treecko. For a couple of reasons. First, because I loved my Treecko in my original Sapphire game and it's kinda for nostalgia reasons. Second, because I like Mega Sceptile the best out of all the new starter Mega's.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Wow, I was actually expecting the poll to have overwhelming votes for Torchic. Boy was I wrong!

For nostalgia's sake, it's gonna be Torchic. I have always been a die-hard fire-starter fan. Charmander back in the day. Cyndaquil OBVIOUSLY. Torchic for damn sure. I always thought Treecko and its evolution line was a joke, anyway. Gonna give it to Swampert though, pretty badass.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I'm probably going to use Treecko on my first run since I want to use Sharpedo, and Mudkip on my second run. I'm excited to use both of them and I'll probably get a pretty good nostalgia kick out of it too.

Back