• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Treecko vs. Snivy

Who's better?

• Total voters

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Treecko could almost be a non-starter pokemon for me. It lacks that pizazz of a starter; it's kinda like lotad and seedot grass evolutionary chains. But Snivy seems to have more idiosyncratic qualities, like vanity and arrogance, that make it memorable. "Tree"cko is simply forgettable amid the scenery of "trees".

Last edited:

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Snivy without a second thought. He looks just as cool as Treecko, if not cooler, BUT also looks like he is so sure of himself. Smug bastard, gotta love him.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Aside from the Treeko line being one of my absolute favorites, Snivy's design is quite...wretched. Its arms and legs look awkwardly thin and gimp and the weird flaps on its shoulders...0_0 It just looks very poorly designed, as do many other 5th gen Pokemon.

There's really no competition here.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I like Snivy's design more. However, Treecko is very close. I love both of them pretty equally.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • wow this one is really hard for me. i think treecko cause was the first fast and hard hitting grass type starter, or grass type in general. he changed the way grass types were made, before him most grass types were slow tanks but treecko could actually go toe to toe with anybody

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    tbh, i think treeko is one of the worst starters, snivy is an amazing starter and its the pokemon i chose and its amazing

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • This... is hard. I haven't really used either of them (though I've picked Treeko a few times on Sapphire) and both have their pros... and cons. I think I prefer Snicvy... just because I like its evolutions more than Treecko's (although Grovyle looks cool.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    Treecko. My first starter in the series and its variety is just awesome. It just blows away Snivy and its line's stats and move selection. Plus grovyle looks awesome.

Back