• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hmm... at least they're not more male Charmanders. There was a plague of them in begin again. Oh and if it makes you feel any better the one that I fought could have been male. :3

Feel better now? Have a Jelly baby anyway.
    Haha very fair comeback xD Here I sit with a male Charmander in Trumpets... :x

*eats jellybabies*

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I can't care much for gender-specific mons, tbh. I just try to see what the gender would be upon capturing it.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I actually get Pokemon who I think gender suits most. I mean, like Buneary, I'm more peeve on having it as female.

But eh, it really does depend on you, huh? I'm a bit picky, lol.

jombii

Years
    Eh, there's nothing wrong in that.

I just think that sometimes, it makes a better story if we go against convention every once in a while.

Anywayyy.

Carnivore Chie caught a POOCHYENA!

Oddball_ caught a LILLIPUP!

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Mhm, true. I'm gonna pick eenie meenie minie mo then for gender lol.

Or random generator.

time to make another post.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
    Yaay! Btw, I'm pretty much ready for Oldale. I might do a post stating how Alice stopped to watch the others battle, but yeah... I need to heal Lillipup...

fgufbkjghkignkiw

Sorry Chompy just tried to eat my phone...

jombii

Years
    ^Noted. I'll be putting up the post tonight if I have some free time or tomorrow night. :)

jombii

Years
    The post for Oldale is now up! Feel free to PM me if you want to do some missions. I will be choosing who will do which on Wednesday night, 10 pm. That is approximately three days from now. :)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I'm back!!!!!

I just went to a mini vacations on snow... An no i wasn't on Alaska...

But i have a question... Does Buneary return in another route?

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Name: Triqu(Trick)

Hometown: Goldenrod, Johto

Appearance:
    Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Triqu stands at about 5'9, 175lbs. He is athletic with short black hair and a muscular build. He likes to stick with athletic clothing. Mainly consisting of shorts, plain t-shirts, and when it gets cold just a sweatshirt with track pants. He isn't a fan of jeans or khakis as he feels that they restrict movement and prevent him from having more fun with his Pokemon!

He also carries around a blue backpack with white stripes. It is rather light so it doesn't slow him down too much. He has a clip to put his pokeballs onto his shorts. He carries his other items (i.e. Pokedex, extra pokeballs) in the bag.

Personality: Triqu likes people and appears to be a real go-lucky person but in reality is extremely intelligent. He tends to not think things through and dives in head first but has enough natural ability to recover from sticky situations. This makes it hard to read him sometimes though due to his two clashing traits. He is not a good people reader but if he finds you to be mean, or a "punk" he will do whatever it takes to help you change your ways, or just avoid you if he deems you a lost cause.

In battle he likes to hit hard and hit fast! He won't let his opponents get a second to breathe. Left in his decision, he prefers fast Pokemon over strong Pokemon. If you can slow him down though, it will surely help your battle situation. Still watch out though, Triqu is very smart and can come up with "different" strategies to win. You will find that his style of battle is very strange compared to others.

History: It all started back home, in Goldenrod City!

"Trick! I've told you a million times! Pick your clothes up!"

"I'm getting their Mom! Just give me a minute!"

I was tired of this drill. Over and over again. My mom would do laundry, and would yell at me five minutes later for not picking my clothes up and putting them away. Now granted, occasionally it would be a few days but they would eventually make their way to my drawers.

I had to do my homework that I could really care less about. Not that I couldn't do it, but I'd rather be outside. I'd be meeting new people and Pokemon, making new friends. In reality, I didn't want to be a scholar. My mom made me and I would get in trouble for getting bad grades. If it was fun stuff, like studying Pokemon and learning how to be a trainer I'd be interested. But no. It was math and reading and science and a bunch of boring stuff. Not to mention, I already knew ninety percent of what they tried to lecture all of the students about.

It's my dream to be a big time trainer. It was in my blood. My whole family knew, except for my mother. "No, you're not going to be like your silly uncle. He was just special..." I would never listen past that part of the speech.

So, I was doing my homework, window open, trying to enjoy myself and get it done. It was in fact, a rather quaint evening. The city was calmer than normal. I noticed only a few people here and there along with some street performers. I looked over at a specifically interesting group. They were fire breathers! The next coolest group of people behind gym leaders and the athletes at the Pokethlon Dome! Fire type Pokemon were always my favorites and fire breathers specialized in fire types!

Taking a break from math, I decided to watch for a few minutes... or twenty. It was a really cool show and I was getting really into it, thinking about being like the performers when I was older. The show was getting really good, until I heard a small whimpering right outside my window. It was a Pokemon. I knew that, but with the wall in the wall in the way I had to jump out the window. I then saw it was a Chimchar! But then it dawned on me. Chimchar aren't native to Johto. This was strange. It was upset about something. I then saw it watching the fire breathers. It was close to tears.

I walked over to it. I noticed the flame on its tail was burning, but swaying very slowly. It was all I needed to know to realize that it was not feeling well.

"Do you belong to the fire breathers?" I asked. It nodded its head slowly. "How about you come in here and stay with me," before I finished my sentence, Chimchar was already in my room. I closed my window and closed the curtains being less impressed with the performers now. This was Chimchar's new home. Noticing its flame burning more brightly, Chimchar got the nickname "Flame". It was very fitting.

It took some time for me and Flame to get used to each other. The hardest part was keeping him from destroying my bedroom. It was also a bother keeping my homework safe from his unique taste. Eventually, we worked everything out and my mom was actually okay with it. She said that I did the right thing in keeping Chimchar safe.

With Flame, I now had the ability to be a Pokemon trainer. I had graduated school and my mom said that she will support whatever I do. I was itching for a journey.

I had heard about a large amount of trainers going to join the Hoenn League and I decided to join them. It sounded like the best place to start. Flame and I were ready for anything coming our way. It was just a new adventure for us!

Starter Pokemon: Chimchar!(Flame) male

Moveset:

Acrobatics
    Ember
    Flame Charge
    Taunt
    Fury Swipes
    Flame Wheel

Last edited:

jombii

Years
    Logical Cabbage caught a SEWADDLE!

@Gelius3: I am still not sure. If Buneary appears in any more routes in Hoenn, via DexNav, then it will. If not, I am not sure. :) You can always come back though if you want.

@Cayo: Hello and welcome to RPC! :) There are just some things that doesn't quite add up in your SU. Your character is extremely intelligent but tends to not think things through. I think if someone is "extremely intelligent" that someone will asses first whether the situation is good or bad before "diving in head first." Also, why will he help someone who is mean? Are you developing him to be some kind of anti-hero or something? Also, what do you mean by a natural ability to recover? Is he like Wolverine? Or is he like just a good self-doctor?

Also, don't use 'em. The proper word is "them." Also, elaborate on their battling style. Give an example of a different strategy. Cheating is a different strategy. Does Trick uses tricks in his attacks? There's more than one way your character personality could be expanded.

Expand your appearance also please. You've provided us a picture of what he looks like but not the full image. Is he tall? Does he have scars? What about his clothing choices? Does he go places wearing a tennis shirt or is this a one-time thing?

Also, since you're new here and I can't see your writing style in your SU, I will require you to tell me the story on how Trick acquired Chimchar and how he decided to join the Hoenn Circuit.

For now, you're PENDING.

Dansparce is RESERVED for Cyndaquil!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Sorry about some of that. I have a real bad habit of writing stuff that makes sense to me but isn't clear to other people. I was also in a bit of a rush when I did this. As for the intelligent and going in head first, it's supposed to show that he is "different" from most people. As you said, you'd expect him to think things through thoroughly, but that's exactly why he's strange. If yoh decide that this definitely needs to be changed, I'll change it.

I'm currently mobile right now so I'll edit this and my application when I get on my laptop.

jombii

Years
    Ah, that makes a little more sense. It's like "This event seems to be pretty dangerous, and I know that. BUT YOLOOOO!" Am I right?You should of course have mentioned it in your SU. :)

Will read it after you have edited it.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Yeah, sorry about that. Like I said, I tend leave out small details that I have in my head. I'll get to editing my SU now.

Edit: I have edited my SU. I rushed the end of history as I am currently in a hurry. (My own nagging mom) Just let me know if you need me to try to expand a little bit more which I'll be happy to do!

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I have a question about the missions: Will you only able to do one mission or you can take another mission? With the exception of the combination '2 people only' and '1 people only'.

I think I confused myself a bit there. For example; Will I be able to take the Hunting mission along with Broken Wings mission?

Back