• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trusting people.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
  • I have little to no trust with people outside of my very, very small circle of friends. Family doesn't really fall under that category either.

It's just very hard to stay friends with new people, unless I really REALLY try. =/ Relationships are ten times as difficult.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I trust almost no one except my close family. I have an extremely hard time trusting people, even when I try. I can't help but think that they have ulterior motives or are being insincere or disingenuous in some way. I don't necessarily think that everyone is like that, but the thought is always in the back of my head and it keeps me from getting close to anyone out of fear of being betrayed. Perhaps it's because it's happened so many times, and it takes me forever to recover from it. So I err on the side of caution.

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, I just feel like it's human nature for people to be insincere and disingenuous in some form or another.

Years
  • I have to build a close relationship/friendship with someone before I deem them trustworthy. With that in mind, I don't necessarily trust people instantly, because I always have that one fear holding me back and stopping me saying "like what if something happened while you were with them," such as a car accident with a newly-made friend that wasn't your fault.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • I find it verry hard to trust other's
    Had a hard childhood, so it's still pretty hard for me.
    But its getting better slowly :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The only people I have a problem trusting are assigned partners who can't do their part of the project, atheists, 90's kids stuck in the past (ex. genwunners), and gamers who are anti-Nintendo. Because of these circumstances, I had to choose who to trust carefully, as well as avoiding any touchy subjects.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I used to think of myself as a very trust-wrothy person, and i could easily trust others without much hesitation. In my late teen years thoug, as some serious s**t went down, i had to re-analize how i saw myself and others regarding that topic. I think i got better at understanding the concept of trust, and i do still consider myself to be very trust-worthy and a good secret-keeper, as for other people though, i can count how many people i trust with one hand.

Years
  • It depends on what I'm holding out on other person to trust, really. For instance, I'm not going to trust anybody with my credit card number, though that'd be idiotic for anybody.

If someone breaks my trust once, I'm not trusting him or her ever again, as simple as.

Back