• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

turn it off and on again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    We were thinking about getting my mom a Surface 3 to replace her gen 1 Surface RT, it was slightly out of budget at the time. But she's probably also fine with a laptop if thats cheaper if there's any good ones.

Speaking of laptops.. I have really low space xD Like 0-6MB free, I got the disk clean-up pop up, should've freed 2GB, but seems to took up more space as I had 80MB or 11MB. I also had 11GB just a few days ago and I haven't downloaded/installed anything. I need to go through my mess of files and delete delete delete.

Laptops tend to give you more for the same price. You could get a really nice laptop for $650. I'd wager you should take a look at the Asus ZenBook UX305 - it's an extremely solid MacBook (Air) competitor that pretty much triumphs it in everything, with an absurd value-for-money. The lowest end part should be about $599-$699, and it'd still be a whole lot of laptop!

You're playing it dangerously close with that amount of "free" space! You really should clean up now - anything can go wrong on a system drive that's basically full. Try to leave at least 2 GB of free space on the system drive.

Hopefully, you have somewhere for the extra files to go to.

Lately, I've been playing with my Dell Venue 8 Pro a little more recently, and trying to figure out how I could use it to its maximum purpose. Too bad the thing doesn't seem to want to connect to the wifi at my college, despite me being right under the hotspots and having full bars. :|

College Wi-Fi seems to be very problematic with lesser Wi-Fi hardware, I've noticed...

Years
    College Wi-Fi seems to be very problematic with lesser Wi-Fi hardware, I've noticed...
    What's strange though is that all my other devices (iPod Touch, laptop, Lumia 520, Nexus 7) are able to connect to the WiFi just fine.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    What's strange though is that all my other devices (iPod Touch, laptop, Lumia 520, Nexus 7) are able to connect to the WiFi just fine.

Hmm...

Next time, if it doesn't connect, try turning off the tablet, wait for about 10 seconds, and turn it back on. See if it connects.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Laptops tend to give you more for the same price. You could get a really nice laptop for $650. I'd wager you should take a look at the Asus ZenBook UX305 - it's an extremely solid MacBook (Air) competitor that pretty much triumphs it in everything, with an absurd value-for-money. The lowest end part should be about $599-$699, and it'd still be a whole lot of laptop!

You're playing it dangerously close with that amount of "free" space! You really should clean up now - anything can go wrong on a system drive that's basically full. Try to leave at least 2 GB of free space on the system drive.

Hopefully, you have somewhere for the extra files to go to.
    Yeah, though that price is a bit too much especially for what she does, I would be more looking for basically chromebook but windows (Access to Office, PS, but still dosen't need to be huge on specs). I might look at something like that though. :P

Yeah, I deleted something, forgot what, and I'm pretty sure I was keeping something as a maybe in the bin and deleted it out of haste. Haha. But now I'm about 48GB free, went through my download folders, bit of big crap in there.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Yeah, though that price is a bit too much especially for what she does, I would be more looking for basically chromebook but windows (Access to Office, PS, but still dosen't need to be huge on specs). I might look at something like that though. :P

Mmm hmm. Just remember that you do get what you pay for, so try to stretch the budget a bit.

Yeah, I deleted something, forgot what, and I'm pretty sure I was keeping something as a maybe in the bin and deleted it out of haste. Haha. But now I'm about 48GB free, went through my download folders, bit of big crap in there.

This sounds plenty now.

Years
    I remember many many years ago I had an issue where I couldn't connect to PC. After rebooting my modem, it worked for a little bit. Kinda wish I had known about it earlier because I wouldn't have lost so much time trying to fix it .-.

Wait, a little bit? What made it stop working after the fact lmao?

countryemo

Years
    Ok so now I have 1.6GB free, haven't downloaded, haven't installed, what is going on!? My mom said something about temp files, but I don't know it could be that much that fast..

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Ok so now I have 1.6GB free, haven't downloaded, haven't installed, what is going on!? My mom said something about temp files, but I don't know it could be that much that fast..

Hmm, how much total space does the system drive has?

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    Hmm, somehow caps lock was activated on my Venue 8 Pro... had to check the full keyboard to turn it off.

Nonexistent keys being toggled is so annoying! I had a classmate whose computer would automatically enable scroll lock on every reboot, which was seriously annoying since the computer had no scroll lock key.

Years
    Nonexistent keys being toggled is so annoying! I had a classmate whose computer would automatically enable scroll lock on every reboot, which was seriously annoying since the computer had no scroll lock key.

You remind me of this time where back when I was in grade school, this kid in my computer class broke the Shift keys somehow, and Sticky Keys was permanently activated.

And guess who didn't know how to disable that...you guessed it, the teachers.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Users, but I screen capped the whole result just so you can see.
    https://i.imgur.com/BxFSqqB.png

Wow, that's a lot of files!

Do you have an external hard disk drive? Consider changing your backup regimen so that it backs up to an external drive. Backing up files to the same drive means nothing in terms of backing up - you technically only made duplicates of the same file on the same drive, wasting space. That way, you'd have 250 GB of extra free space just from moving the backups out. (Norton 360 backups?)

Also, you should also consider moving these video files out. Just saying.

Last edited:

countryemo

Years
    Wow, that's a lot of files!

Do you have an external hard disk drive? Consider changing your backup regimen so that it backs up to an external drive. Backing up files to the same drive means nothing in terms of backing up - you technically only made duplicates of the same file on the same drive, wasting space. That way, you'd have 250 GB of extra free space just from moving the backups out. (Norton 360 backups?)

Also, you should also consider moving these video files out. Just saying.
    We got one, but I wouldn't be able to leave it attached, I use my laptop mostly on the arm of a chair (sounds safe, right?). I guess that would be that folder, don't know if thats default from Norton or something my mom activated, cause I sure haven't set up any back-ups, haha.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    We got one, but I wouldn't be able to leave it attached, I use my laptop mostly on the arm of a chair (sounds safe, right?). I guess that would be that folder, don't know if thats default from Norton or something my mom activated, cause I sure haven't set up any back-ups, haha.

It sure sounds like something's been keeping backups, though.

Might want to fix that first before continuing.

countryemo

Years
    It sure sounds like something's been keeping backups, though.

Might want to fix that first before continuing.

I'm just going to stop it and try to delete it, its not worth it. I can't go through all the files, so I'm stopping it all or going to try to, seriously why does it feel it needs to back up the chrome loading image? It did help be find out I had a duplicate movie of 1.7gb but after like 3 minutes I got 0bytes free. This is annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back