• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Digrat is always digrat despite the rename. You just don't do that. I have spoken.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Some people call the Keeper "The Apostle" as well but I really don't see that as much. Also we haven't yet managed to teach him Psychic, but we're doing a bit of grinding. Kinda. Basically just trying to take things out with our 'mon that don't faint.

edit: 6k posts!

edit2: We have just obtained a Hitmonlee named CCC! Majority says we're calling him C3KO. I have no objection to that hahaha.

EDIT3: WE FAILED AT RETRIEVING C3KO FROM THE PC
    INSTEAD WE RELEASED HIM
    AND DEPOSITED ALMOST ALL OUT ITEMS INCLUDING LORD HELIX AND THE SCOPE
    and now we stored Cabbage.
    AND RELEASED X-WING
    RIP YOU POOR GUYS

Cabbage is back.
    SS Ticket, Lift Key, Lord Helix, Cut, and Silph Scope are back.

RIP X-Wing and C3KO. We hardly knew ye.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Well the Zubat thing who cares. We have a tendency of catching Com Mons in pairs and then releasing one. And we know how very well the Free Pokémon worked with Eevee...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    But its name was X-Wing! That was cool! And C3KO could have helped us ;; It was higher-leveled than anyone but Bird Jesus.

Also wow we released both our Star Wars mons at the same time. Of course.

EDIT: WE MANAGED TO TEACH PSYCHIC TO THE KEEPER. PRAISE BE TO HELIX

Edit2: what the heck we caught a Gastly. We're supposed to be EXP farming them not catching them! Anyway he's been named Rick Gastly. Approved.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah they beat Giovanni, on the second attempt. I saw the first attempt where Bird Jesus got Giovanni's Kangaskhan down to near death, then they just spammed whirlwind until they lost. Eventually they beat him and got the Silph Scope. They spent well over 24 hours in the maze but they did beat it. Now I think they're trying to grind Drowzee as they need it to beat the ghosts in Lavender Tower.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    We were dealing with Rocket HQ for about 40 hours lol. But, it's okay! Despite having been wandering around Lavender and Saffron for the better part of the day, we obtained three new Pokémon, released two of them, beat a bunch of trainers, got Psychic and taught it to the Keeper, and actually made progress. Our main problem right now is that we don't have Ghost-combatants an we're kind of hopeless at actual training.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The fact that I come home to find we released a freaking HITMONLEE is horrendous. Nobody consulted me about this awful decision.

Years
    Yeah I've noticed Night Shade hitting Dux. What's going on there? Some wierd gen 1 mechanic? Night shade is a ghost move right? I also can't believe how short they had CCC for. 38 minutes between beating the dojo and realeasing him. Wow. Not that he would have helped here, but still.

EDIT: I've just noticed Oddish's name, x(araggbaj. if you look at the ( as if it was a c it does look a lot like x cabbage which is amazingly apt name under the conditions they had to enter it under.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    RIP C3KO & X-Wing. :(

People have been saying that since it's Pokémon Red 151, it should be possible to go back and pick up Hitmonchan. Which could be useful given its level. Have we done that? Nope.

Quoting Bulba cause I was wondering about Night Shade as well.
    Generation I
    Night Shade inflicts damage equal to the user's level. Although Night Shade deals Ghost-type damage, its type does not alter the amount of damage it inflicts. Night Shade hits both Normal-type Pokémon and Psychic-type Pokémon, both of which have immunities to Ghost-type moves during Generation I.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Awww poor C3KO and X-Wing. We had you for like 10 minutes and now you're gone for good. :/ Helix will take care of you now though. I know for a fact they're a caring and loving god. :) I'm guessing we still between Saffron and Lavender Town right?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    We're in Lavender Town. We lost in the tower a few times and got chucked back to Saffron but we finally healed in Lavender so we're just hanging out in the tower now. It usually ends up at a point where we have to wait for a trainer's lv20-something Gastly to take out Bird Jesus so we can go heal and try again.

Treecko

Years
    Oh boy. Knowing that Bird Jesus mostly knows moves not effective against Ghost types, we'll be in Pokemon Tower for a while unless we train The Keeper a bit. Hopefully not as long as Rocket's HQ.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Nah, we should be good. The Keeper have been doing well and is starting to get into the levels where they can take things down as efficiently as we can command them. Helps that we have a 50% chance of using an effective move. AJ, Cabbage, and Jess are all doing okay as well when they get sent out. Hopefully this means we're getting better at grinding.

Treecko

Years
    That's great hearing, I'm hoping we get lucky can possibly land a few critical hits, maybe we can pass the Tower soon. They all need more grinding cause Bird Jesus is like 20 levels ahead of them last I saw.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    It's a neat concept...but it's more of a jumbled mess than a proper gameplay. The memes are quite funny though.

While it can be fun, it's nothing but circles to me :c. Also, that Helix Fossil's proven its worth. Must purchase.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    But that's kind of the point. Proper gameplay would be boring as hell- we collectively decided that when Democracy was implemented. We want to see chaos, we want to see if anarchy makes progress. That's the charm. You gotta have charm in a Let's Play- it's boring if there's nothing unique to it. Most people bring personality and a different perspective to a game when they create one, but this brings this whole new way of playing. It brings the personality of thousands of people united by this one thing. And that's why it's cool.

gif4u

Twitch Plays pokemon

AND THIS COMIC HOLY HELIX

Treecko

Years
    Echoing what Anna said. The jumbled mess is what it's so much fun! You can't really expect that many people (which ranges from 50,000 to 75,000 people most of the time)playing the same game at the same time to be calm and collected and have a straightforward , streamlined playthrough. With so many commands going in at once, the player goes all over and it's hilarious.Democracy (or when input is determined by what command gets the most votes ) makes the game boring and monotonous. Also you should see how crazy people riot when we go into a democracy. Very few people actually like it. It's formed so many good memes/jokes too.

Back